The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
LiquidSonics Announce Cinematic Rooms - Powerful Atmos Compatible Reverb
Old 4 weeks ago
News Desk Editor

LiquidSonics Announce Cinematic Rooms - Powerful Atmos Compatible Reverb-3d-display-cr-header-9.jpg

June 1st 2020, LiquidSonics, London, UK - the company behind the iconic Seventh Heaven and Lustrous Plates reverb plug-ins announce their latest reverb Cinematic Rooms, offering exquisite sounds, powerful tools and full Atmos compatibility.

Cinematic Rooms is a reverb dedicated to the intense acoustic demands of surround room simulation. Deep yet accessible; advanced surround workflow tools allow you to design intricate acoustic spaces of incredible purity with simplicity. Available in two editions, both support channel formats from stereo up to 7.1.6 for use with the latest Atmos bed workflows. With a wide selection of expertly designed presets and intuitive controls, Cinematic Rooms is designed to help you find a perfect space in no time at all.

LiquidSonics has been working with industry leading audio professionals, including Alan Meyerson, Steve Genewick, Scott W Smith, and many more to ensure that Cinematic Rooms has the sound and features needed for the challenges of modern mixing environments.

At A Glance (Professional Edition)
• Stereo, LCR, Quad, 5.1, 7.1 – 7.1.6
• Surround plane parameter editing
• Decay to 45 sec / infinity
• Reverb and reflection roll-off
• Advanced reverb contouring
• Pre-delay with sync
• Level monitoring
• Surround / True Stereo / Multi-Mono Propagation Modes
• Over 300 presets, including 50 post production rooms
• Reverb echo
• Advanced reflection engine
• Width control
• Crossfeed disparity definition

Two Editions - Both Amazing Value Cinematic Rooms comes in two editions - Professional and Standard

Professional Edition For the most demanding score mixing and post-production workflows, the Professional edition is the ultimate room simulator combining the latest in modulated constant-density reverb technology with an interface tailored to the demands of modern surround production.

Surround Editing Planes Cinematic Rooms Professional provides you with the tools you need to able to precisely control the reverb within the surround field. Optionally deviate parameters in the front, rear, side, centre or elevated planes relative to the master preset, for example:

• Extend and filter the reverb tail in the sides and rears
• Emphasise and widen reflections in the front and side channels
• Apply a tempo-synced pre-delay and echo in the rears and elevations

As all surround plane deviations track the master controls any changes to the master preset immediately propagate throughout the space, and are clearly visible by the surround editing indicators beneath every parameter.

Superior Pan Tracking Advanced control of crossfeed allows you to accentuate or suppress the amount and character of reverb propagation into the surround space.

Unlike other surround reverbs that typically create a homogeneous wash of equal magnitude in all channels, Cinematic Rooms' crossfeed controls allow you glue the reverb to the source of the action whilst tracking panning very naturally with additional filtering, level and delay control.

Standard Edition Refined, simplified, but never acoustically compromised - the standard edition is ideal for rapid workflows, lower budgets and simpler music mixing projects from stereo up to 7.1.6 bed.

Sharing the same reverb and reflection engines as the professional edition, the standard edition of Cinematic Rooms creates a convincing, pure ambience around your sources by simulating sophisticated early auditory cues for a wide range of realistic environments.

Purchasing and License Information Available in the LiquidSonics Store with an introductory period throughout June

• Cinematic Rooms Professional $249 - normally $399 from July 1st 2020
• Cinematic Rooms Standard $129 - normally $199 from July 1st 2020
• Upgrade Standard to Professional for $120 - normally $200 from July 1st 2020

Existing LiquidSonics customers can also use their store loyalty coupons in addition to these introductory prices.

An iLok 2/3 dongle, iLok local authorisation or iLok Cloud is required. Two activations are included with each license (both must be associated with the same iLok account). Each Cinematic Rooms Professional edition activation license will also unlock the Cinematic Rooms standard edition plug-in.

For more information:

Product web page: https://www.liquidsonics.com/software/cinematic-rooms/

Developer blog on the creation of the plugin: https://www.liquidsonics.com/ 2020/06/01/introducing-cinematic-rooms/
Attached Thumbnails
LiquidSonics Announce Cinematic Rooms - Powerful Atmos Compatible Reverb-3d-display-cr-header-9.jpg  
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear
Regular $399, intro $249, and 3 loyalty discounts for Illusion, Lustrous Plates, and Seventh Heaven Pro, brought this down to the no-brainer price of $123!

Thanks Liquidsonics!

Can't wait to take this one for a spin later tonight.
Cheers
Old 4 weeks ago
TJ5
Gear Nut
Yes, will likely buy later today at $123. I was a little confused at first since I'm used to logging in to see my discount for most other plugin companies but I remembered that you need to go to Store/Upgrades and Offers and enter your email address in order to receive the 3 coupon codes.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

So is this aimed a surround? will there be a stereo only version?
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Without demoing... I kinda already wish they had a stereo only version of the full Pro plugin. I don't ever see myself needing the surround capabilities. But I do wish for a "best in class" early reflections engine for generating small-ish room reverb super realistically and accurately. Kinda like what Relab teased for the longest time but has yet to release and seems to have dropped it.

Specifically... from the Pro features... "Enhanced Reflections Engine"... does this "enhance" anything if you're only gonna use the plugin in stereo?
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by anon View Post
So is this aimed a surround? will there be a stereo only version?
Go for Standard Edition, it is stereo AND surround. Pro version is mostly for movie mixers.

Great job, LiquidSonics! Incredibly smooth tails
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Head

This is awesome, congratulations on another great product!

I love Seventh Heaven, Illusion and LP. For me the best reverbs out there, best sound and usability.

I am also curious, what is the best way to use Cinematic Rooms on music and stereo stuff?

And am I right, if I use it in Bitwig on a normal stereo track, it automatically is in normal stereo mode? I don`t have access to the surround features like in the Getting Started video.
Old 4 weeks ago
TJ5
Gear Nut
Standard version cost after the 3 loyalty coupons is $64 for me.
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

Audio clips would be cool. Two videos and no sound examples. Yes, I know I can download the demo, but it'd be nice to get an idea of the sound first.
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ5 View Post
Yes, will likely buy later today at $123. I was a little confused at first since I'm used to logging in to see my discount for most other plugin companies but I remembered that you need to go to Store/Upgrades and Offers and enter your email address in order to receive the 3 coupon codes.
Bought the Pro version for $110,93, with all the 4 coupon codes I got (I already have all the LiquidSonics reverbs).

The Pro version includes the Standard version, if you buy the Pro you can also use the Standard.

I like very much the Liquidsonics reverbs, I was satisfied with them in a lot of cases.
I have complained at some time that the "Illusion" reverb was not at the level of its name, for me there was no "illusion" ; it is a good reverb, but I heard no "illusion" of a real space.

And then, came.... THIS !...
Cinematic Rooms is an extraordinary achievement.

You can hear it at first listening, instantaneously !...
Then, if you compare and listen carefuly, you can assert this first impression.
It is absolutely gorgeous.

Thanks a lot Matt/LiquidSonics, for the coupon codes to get this extraordinary reverb at such a low price.

Congrats Matt/LiquidSonics for this truly great achievement you done !...
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by b15fliptop View Post
Audio clips would be cool. Two videos and no sound examples. Yes, I know I can download the demo, but it'd be nice to get an idea of the sound first.
It sounds AMAZING! Very solid, very flexible. Well worth downloading and using it on material you know. Been working with it for months and it's rock solid!
I'm very impressed!! Let us know what you think.
There is a Free Demo Download on their Website : https://www.liquidsonics.com/software/cinematic-rooms/

Last edited by dr.sound; 4 weeks ago at 07:04 PM..
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

By default, as with Seventh Heaven, it's very... thick and unnatural. Sounds good, but isn't sounding realistic to me. Like when people overcompress audio and you lose the impact. I feel the default settings so far in the demo of the standard have overbaked the reverb. Need to dig in. I do like it so far better than Seventh Heaven, but, then i'm not a fan of Seventh Heaven for this reason, but I also didn't spend hours and hours trying to get it to sound more natural. I suspect Rooms will be similar for me. It's more like an effect. Note: I'm not a professional mix or mastering engineer.

High quality sound and UI, regardless of my personal issues with the sound signature.
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

Just curious if anyone knows. It looks like all of their products allow for local ilok authorization except for Seventh Heaven. Is that because of their agreement with Briscati?
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by vitocorleone123 View Post
By default, as with Seventh Heaven, it's very... thick and unnatural. Sounds good, but isn't sounding realistic to me. Like when people overcompress audio and you lose the impact. I feel the default settings so far in the demo of the standard have overbaked the reverb. Need to dig in. I do like it so far better than Seventh Heaven, but, then i'm not a fan of Seventh Heaven for this reason, but I also didn't spend hours and hours trying to get it to sound more natural. I suspect Rooms will be similar for me. It's more like an effect. Note: I'm not a professional mix or mastering engineer.

High quality sound and UI, regardless of my personal issues with the sound signature.
If you have PCM 91 or 81 near by, compare CR rooms and rooms on hardware. They are very similar in character and sound. Also you could control basically everything on CR and make your reverb dense or sparse, and make it sound natural if you need to.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by javahut View Post
Without demoing... I kinda already wish they had a stereo only version of the full Pro plugin. I don't ever see myself needing the surround capabilities. But I do wish for a "best in class" early reflections engine for generating small-ish room reverb super realistically and accurately. Kinda like what Relab teased for the longest time but has yet to release and seems to have dropped it.

Specifically... from the Pro features... "Enhanced Reflections Engine"... does this "enhance" anything if you're only gonna use the plugin in stereo?
I would also appreciate a better explanation of the difference between the Pro and Standard versions. I too only need stereo.
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

Really liking this reverb.

It seems that Liquidsonics has designed something special here.

Not too bad on the CPU, excellent quality.

The sound is interesting, a nice blend of algorithmic and natural spaces.

Been having some fun with it.

Here is an example of a space designed for film:

https://soundcloud.com/synth-presets...inematic-rooms
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeegee 303 View Post
I would also appreciate a better explanation of the difference between the Pro and Standard versions. I too only need stereo.
Beta tester here. I don't speak for Matt or Liquidsonics.

The Pro version has an additional depth control for Reflections.

The Pro version also has an additional Character tab that allows you to select patterns of natural, uniform, nonlin u, dissipate, gather, cluster 1 or cluster 2, and also allows you to change the depth, diffusion and width. There's also an additional x-feed tab.

The Pro version also has additional tabs for echo, x-feed and modulation of the main verb.

Hard to describe the differences (dancing about architecture!) but very easy to hear! Standard is the same quality, Pro allows deep dives.

Cinematic Rooms is an absolute gem. It has replaced 7HP's Europa preset as my all time fave.

re: iLok -- don't quote me, but I believe 7HP is the only Liquidsonics verb that doesn't allow machine authorization. I've asked in the past to move my 7HP license to machine iLok and there are no plans to support it. Dongle/Cloud only.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Also, for those interested -- Seventh Heaven Pro has a max decay time of 30 seconds. Cinematic Rooms is INFINITE. Maybe only useful for ambient weirdos like me, but if you want big, CR is awesome.

Cinematic Rooms also has a new preset filtering option that's very handy.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeegee 303 View Post
+1

I also would like a better explanation of the difference between the Pro and Standard versions. I too only need stereo.

Thanks
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Disclosure :: Beta tester here.

I only work in stereo and that is the only way I’ve tested and used CR over the past few months. So many features that relate to 7.1.6 I haven’t touched. I think both versions are really great, Pro has many more features you can dive into.

The technology here is superb, Matt has taken his work to a new level, the reflections in particular. Very well thought out controls and GUIs.

Don’t be put off if you only work in stereo, there are no shortcuts designed for surround which mean you miss out in stereo.

Congratulations Matt
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by swartzfeger View Post

The Pro version also has an additional Character tab that allows you to select patterns of natural, uniform, nonlin u, dissipate, gather, cluster 1 or cluster 2, and also allows you to change the depth, diffusion and width. There's also an additional x-feed tab.

The Pro version also has additional tabs for echo, x-feed and modulation of the main verb.

Hard to describe the differences (dancing about architecture!) but very easy to hear! Standard is the same quality, Pro allows deep dives.

Cinematic Rooms is an absolute gem. It has replaced 7HP's Europa preset as my all time fave.

re: iLok -- don't quote me, but I believe 7HP is the only Liquidsonics verb that doesn't allow machine authorization. I've asked in the past to move my 7HP license to machine iLok and there are no plans to support it. Dongle/Cloud only.
Thanks, swartzfeger, this is very useful information.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beatworld View Post

I only work in stereo and that is the only way I’ve tested and used CR over the past few months. So many features that relate to 7.1.6 I haven’t touched. I think both versions are really great, Pro has many more features you can dive into.

The technology here is superb, Matt has taken his work to a new level, the reflections in particular. Very well thought out controls and GUIs.

Don’t be put off if you only work in stereo, there are no shortcuts designed for surround which mean you miss out in stereo.

Congratulations Matt
Thanks so much for the info and impressions.

One more question, if you know... are the additional presets in the Pro version primarily all designed for surround?... or are there extra presets for stereo, as well?

Again, thanks for taking the time to post.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgdrum_nyc View Post
I too only need stereo.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beatworld View Post

I only work in stereo and that is the only way I’ve tested and used CR over the past few months.
Same. I only work in stereo and Cinematic Rooms has been a gem. It will be my primary verb moving forward.

Quote:

One more question, if you know... are the additional presets in the Pro version primarily all designed for surround?... or are there extra presets for stereo, as well?

I actually need to download the official 1.0; I will post the differences later. There may've been changes to the preset roster and don't want to misspeak.

I didn't actually deep dive the presets as I was creating my own and concerned with automation so I didn't perform any A/Bing of standard vs pro presets.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Bought! Very nice discount for previous customers.

Ta' very much, L.S.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

I was JUST thinking the other day “someone needs to release THE definitive room verb plugin”. I’m hoping this is it. I’ll give it a demo. Up to now my fav has been Acon Verberate 2.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:

Ok, just checked -- there are three categories in Pro not in Standard -- nonlinear, post, and studios.

In addition to that, the Standard categories (ambiences, chambers, halls, rooms, spaces) has about 2x as many presets in Professional vs Standard (eyeballing it, don't hold me to an exact count )

All of these presets can be loaded in stereo. I don't work in surround.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
The pro presets utilize the extra controls/options.
I can't comment on whether the pro presets are primarily designed for surround.
My guess is that they may well be.
But, they've still proven to be very useful in Stereo.
I haven't done any A B testing between similar factory presets in standard and Pro.
Most of the user presets I've created were done in standard.
The other thing Matt seems to have spent a lot of time on, with impressive results, in these releases is reducing phase issues.
Very tight stereo images.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Same. I only work in stereo and Cinematic Rooms has been a gem. It will be my primary verb moving forward.

I actually need to download the official 1.0; I will post the differences later. There may've been changes to the preset roster and don't want to misspeak.

I didn't actually deep dive the presets as I was creating my own and concerned with automation so I didn't perform any A/Bing of standard vs pro presets.
Great! Thanks swartzfeger and beatworld for the information.
I have all of Liquidsonics offerings so I’m really intrigued by the possibilities of this new release,I ❤️ all of Matt’s Liquidsonic gems.
With the generous upgrade policy this will be a real bargain as well as an interesting new reverb to utilize.

Thanks
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Ok, just checked -- there are three categories in Pro not in Standard -- nonlinear, post, and studios.

In addition to that, the Standard categories (ambiences, chambers, halls, rooms, spaces) has about 2x as many presets in Professional vs Standard (eyeballing it, don't hold me to an exact count )

All of these presets can be loaded in stereo. I don't work in surround.
You are making this virtually impossible to resist and I’m still waiting for unemployment
Old 4 weeks ago
Quote:

Thanks for that, appreciate it!

Those are pretty big differences, that Character tab seems to cover a lot of ground.

Eager to try this...as I've read on GS some time ago: I need another reverb like I need a hole in my head, but damn, this is tempting! I mean the reverb, not the hole in my head!
📝 Reply
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
🖨️ Show Printable Version
✉️ Email this Page
🔍 Search thread
♾️ Similar Threads
🎙️ View mentioned gear