The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
LiquidSonics Announce Cinematic Rooms - Powerful Atmos Compatible Reverb
Old 6 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neptune45 View Post
I picked up CR Pro for around £145 with a MWTM 30% additional discount. Great reverb. However I have been listening to IK SSSR quite a bit on videos and it sounds amazing for that being put in a real space kind of sound. I think I am going to see whether there is a demo available of SSSR and will probably end up getting that as well.
Do you know if the MWTM discount stacks with the LiquidSonics loyalty discount? I definitely don't need this verb right now, but can't decide if I should buy during the intro or wait, hoping for a better price one day.
Old 5 days ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melodeath View Post
Do you know if the MWTM discount stacks with the LiquidSonics loyalty discount? I definitely don't need this verb right now, but can't decide if I should buy during the intro or wait, hoping for a better price one day.
Not sure about that as it was my first LiquidSonics purchase so didn't have any loyalty discount to use.
Old 5 days ago
Gear Head
Bought, testing it now as dronemaker intensively, ok pretty good results. Some wishes - would be cool to add such preset saving mode in which current tail buffer "imprint" could save together lol (inside preset file), yes it is already done in one good thing, but why not be in two. Although I understand that there is little hope for it (perhaps this is of little interest to anyone), but should been to say.
Old 5 days ago
Quote:
I was able to do that. I had 3 liquid sonics codes(from 7th heaven pro, reverberate & illusion) plus the MWTM code. So I had 4 in all, was able to stack them and got a great price!
Old 5 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by seawell View Post
I was able to do that. I had 3 liquid sonics codes(from 7th heaven pro, reverberate & illusion) plus the MWTM code. So I had 4 in all, was able to stack them and got a great price!
Wow that's a really good deal! That's tempting but I think I'll probably wait and hope Black Friday is just as good. I'm actually not a MWTM member but I've been thinking about subscribing. How do you like it?
Old 5 days ago
Lives for gear

No high pass filter?
Old 5 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelvyn View Post
No high pass filter?
The graph you see in the picture is just the EQ for the reverb tail. There’s another low-mid-high fully selectable EQ with Frequency spread and a cut off frequency for the low end and and roll off for the highs.
Old 5 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by baslotto View Post
The graph you see in the picture is just the EQ for the reverb tail. There’s another low-mid-high fully selectable EQ with Frequency spread and a cut off frequency for the low end and and roll off for the highs.
Thanks a lot
Old 3 days ago
Quote:
Wow that's a really good deal! That's tempting but I think I'll probably wait and hope Black Friday is just as good. I'm actually not a MWTM member but I've been thinking about subscribing. How do you like it?
I have found MWTM to be well worth the cost! Other than when I spent way too much money trying to recreate Michael Brauer's set up I highly recommend it!
Old 2 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by filterfreak View Post
Sunset Sound Studio Reverb
Thanks!
Wiĺl demo that one asap.
Old 2 days ago
Lives for gear

I own Cinematic Rooms and have extensively demoed Sunset Sound.
Cinematic Rooms is a stunning sounding reverb along with all the Liquidsonics reverbs!
I also love the tone o the rooms and plates in IK's Sunset Sound but I've had some distortion issues with it. If it wasn't for this I would have probably picked this one up as well.
They are both very different sounding reverbs.
Old 2 days ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by dickiefunk View Post
I own Cinematic Rooms and have extensively demoed Sunset Sound.
Cinematic Rooms is a stunning sounding reverb along with all the Liquidsonics reverbs!
I also love the tone o the rooms and plates in IK's Sunset Sound but I've had some distortion issues with it. If it wasn't for this I would have probably picked this one up as well.
They are both very different sounding reverbs.
Exactly what I have encountered with SSSR. I am currently demoing it and get some distortion issues.

I think I will enquire over in the IK SSSR forum whether any others have experienced this. I really like SSSR though and if I can get over the distortion issues I will buy. I will probably end up buying it anyway lol.

I agree they are different altogether.

CR Pro which I bought is amazing and the reverb is ultra defined imho whereas a lot of reverbs kind of smear and create more ambient reverbs, CR is very detailed I find.
Old 2 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Exactly what I have encountered with SSSR. I am currently demoing it and get some distortion issues.

I think I will enquire over in the IK SSSR forum whether any others have experienced this. I really like SSSR though and if I can get over the distortion issues I will buy. I will probably end up buying it anyway lol.

I agree they are different altogether.

CR Pro which I bought is amazing and the reverb is ultra defined imho whereas a lot of reverbs kind of smear and create more ambient reverbs, CR is very detailed I find.
I sent a message to IK tech support and they confirmed the distortion. At first they said it was possibly to do with the whole modelling of the entire studio chain and that I needed to reduce the input and output. However, when these were turned down to the point of getting rid of the distortion, this made the whole channel noticeably quieter!? I’ve not experienced with any of the reverb plugins I own!
Old 1 day ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by dickiefunk View Post
I sent a message to IK tech support and they confirmed the distortion. At first they said it was possibly to do with the whole modelling of the entire studio chain and that I needed to reduce the input and output. However, when these were turned down to the point of getting rid of the distortion, this made the whole channel noticeably quieter!? I’ve not experienced with any of the reverb plugins I own!
Just been back and tried out SSSR again and my problem was indeed to do with pushing the plugin too hard.

Just drag down your input inside the plugin if it's distorting and then after you have it sounding like you want and if it is too quiet on the channel put a trim plugin after and increase the level that way as desired.

I hope this works for you as well.
Old 1 day ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Just been back and tried out SSSR again and my problem was indeed to do with pushing the plugin too hard.

Just drag down your input inside the plugin if it's distorting and then after you have it sounding like you want and if it is too quiet on the channel put a trim plugin after and increase the level that way as desired.

I hope this works for you as well.
Correct gain staiging is essential itb also. Try Hornets „The Normalizer“.
Old 1 day ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by filterfreak View Post
Correct gain staiging is essential itb also. Try Hornets „The Normalizer“.
right now on sale for 5 €.

Hornets Vu Meter is also great and very cheap.
Old 1 day ago
Here for the gear

Asher Bay

Finally finished my demo on both standard and pro versions of Cinematic Rooms and this has already become a desert island plugin. Imo this covers clean, clear enveloping, algo environments that can be felt or heard without getting in the way of the signal. A real classy sounding reverb. Usually I have to play with a verb for a while to appreciate what it brings to the table. With CR it was instant. Of course it depends on what you are looking for at that moment. Placing it on a vocal, I found it easy to make it sit in the pocket of the music regardless of the room selected. It was a question of appropriate rather than bad sounding. Based on this experience, CR is far more versatile and useable than comparable options from Relab VSR in particular, Avon Verberate, Eventide’s Room and TC Electronic’s newest reverb which all attempt real room’s impressively but have their drawbacks.

I wouldn’t however want to be without character verbs like R4, Eventide’s many options, or Sonsig as window dressing. Interestingly this release doesn’t make Seventh Heaven obsolete as I still find SHP musical in way I’m not getting from CR. Given the budget I’d want both in my arsenal. Both do a great job putting things in spaces that I don’t get from any else available.

At some point I’ll jump into Nebula land as I’m curious if a step above these is possible.

Fantastic release!

*I enjoyed SSSR as well but for my taste found it excelled and was more preferable on things like drums and instruments rather than vocals where I find CR excels. East West is also another really interesting verb that SSSR sort of reminds me of.
Old 1 day ago
Lives for gear

Dang, missed the into price. Guess I'll be waiting until Black Friday or something.
Old 23 hours ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0se View Post
Dang, missed the into price. Guess I'll be waiting until Black Friday or something.
Same. I ignored this one for awhile because I figured it was primarily for film/surround. Once I started hearing it was great for music/stereo too, I decided to demo, but by then, there was only a day or two left of the intro.

Now that I've had a chance to actually try it, I love it. Seems to "stay out of the way" a lot more than Seventh Heaven. I'll wait for Black Friday and hope for a nice sale, though.
Old 23 hours ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0se View Post
lol same here .. maybe I go capitol chambers till Black Friday
📝 Reply
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
🖨️ Show Printable Version
✉️ Email this Page
🔍 Search thread
♾️ Similar Threads
🎙️ View mentioned gear