The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
LiquidSonics Announce Cinematic Rooms - Powerful Atmos Compatible Reverb
Old 2 weeks ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by maldenfilms View Post
I’ve gotta be honest, this has quelled my years-long GAS for a Bricasti M7. I’ve never used one myself but have lusted after it from all the examples I’ve heard. But this just does what I always hoped and imagined a reverb would do. It’s beautiful and realistic and musical all at once. I could be naive but I just don’t think I could justify an M7 now after owning this, unless v3 really is that amazing (if it ever comes out).
I don't think you're being naive. CR does live up to the hype and it's been passing a lot of tough tests. I wouldn't mind an M7 at home, but don't feel the need anymore.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

I'm trying hard not to demo this since I already have Seventh Heaven Pro and standard, Lustrous Plates, Slate VerbSuite, PSP 2445, Exponential R4 and Nimbus and PhoenixVerb, ValhallaRoom, Arturia Rev Plate-140, SoundToys Little Plate, all of the T Racks 5 CSR verbs, etc.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by maldenfilms View Post
I just don’t think I could justify an M7 now after owning this, unless v3 really is that amazing (if it ever comes out).
I wonder which will come out first - Bricasti v3 or George RR Martin's next GoT installament?!
Old 1 week ago
GBP
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by elambo View Post
I don't think you're being naive. CR does live up to the hype and it's been passing a lot of tough tests. I wouldn't mind an M7 at home, but don't feel the need anymore.
Which one would you choose? This or the lexicon pcm native?
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by GBP View Post
The Lexicons are not compatible with most recent systems... check out the pcm thread.
I still can load them in High Sierra but they're very slow to load and very often they'll crash my sessions when I open them. Pretty buggy.

But even if they the pcm were not buggy, I'd still go for Liquidsonics' Illusion or Cinematic room not any reverb need because they just sound much better to me.
Old 1 week ago
Quote:
I wouldn't want to be without the Lexicons, but if I had to choose only one it would be the CR.
Old 1 week ago
GBP
Gear Maniac

Yes I have just sold my hardware pcm92 so was perhaps looking at picking up the native again in the sale. The Mac OS problems does look an issue so will test this CR over the weekend before the sale ends. Thanks for the replies...
Old 1 week ago
Quote:
Yes I have just sold my hardware pcm92 so was perhaps looking at picking up the native again in the sale. The Mac OS problems does look an issue so will test this CR over the weekend before the sale ends. Thanks for the replies...
Lex issued an update (who knows when it was actually published) which has fixed any issues for our 5 machines that use it (all of them running High Sierra, not Catalina). If at all interested, I'd suggest trying the demo to see if it gels with your particular machine.

On the other hand, if *new* issues arise with the plugins, we can judge by current and past issues that they will not be expeditious with fixes, if fixes come at all after this point.
Old 1 week ago
GBP
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Lex issued an update (who knows when it was actually published) which has fixed any issues for our 5 machines that use it (all of them running High Sierra, not Catalina). If at all interested, I'd suggest trying the demo to see if it gels with your particular machine.

On the other hand, if *new* issues arise with the plugins, we can judge by current and past issues that they will not be expeditious with fixes, if fixes come at all after this point.
Yes I have read about the issues and concerns including old sessions and recalls etc. I may test on Mojave.
Going forward, will you be using the pcm on new sessions or will CR take it's place or some other reverb, to alleviate any future problems or indeed, enjoy greater perceived fidelity in sound?
Thanks in advance for your further thoughts!
Old 1 week ago
Quote:
Going forward, will you be using the pcm on new sessions or will CR take it's place or some other reverb
CR is currently my most-used verb. I haven't put Lex on a new session in several years.
Old 1 week ago
GBP
Gear Maniac

Quote:
CR is currently my most-used verb. I haven't put Lex on a new session in several years.
Ok great I think that settles that !
Old 1 week ago
Tested yesterday evening: instant buy for the pro version.
Big big quality about the sound... different flavor compared to 7th Heaven but what a nice reverb here ! Need to go deeper now
Old 1 week ago
GBP
Gear Maniac

Have now had a chance to test the pro version and really like it. Stood up very well in comparison to the pcm92 that I have just sold :(

Nice interface with lots of control. The eq is very useful and I found myself thinking it could do with a bypass but then spotted the button! Nice touch that any adjustments will re-activate the eq.

I use the Avid eucon iPad control app and the downside here is that there are so many superfluous surround controls listed, whilst I am working in stereo.
Would be good if there could be a stereo pro version included or available.

So yes I think I will put this up with my other favourites and buy before the end of the month...
My first liquidsonics....
Old 1 week ago
Quote:
I use the Avid eucon iPad control app and the downside here is that there are so many superfluous surround controls listed, whilst I am working in stereo.
That's always a drag when plugins have a lot of parameters. I wish the app allowed customizations in that regard, so we could have our own Favorites page with our preferred adjustments and nothing else. Though... it is free so I didn't expect that. Maybe a future feature.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Intro price finishing soon. Finally bought the standard version with my loyalty voucher discounts - maybe upgrade to Pro later on down the track

What's new in v1.01?
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

I didn't wanna buy another reverb. I have all the best already... Relab (my favorite), Reverb Foundry, 2C, Exponential, Lexicon... Eventide... and an extensive Nebula set up of great reverbs (another favorite). But in the end... the small rooms and early reflections of Cinematic Rooms was just too exceptional to pass up. I love it when a reverb can do a convincing, small, just barely there stereo ambience. And CR may be the best at this so far.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by javahut View Post
I didn't wanna buy another reverb. I have all the best already... Relab (my favorite), Reverb Foundry, 2C, Exponential, Lexicon... Eventide... and an extensive Nebula set up of great reverbs (another favorite). But in the end... the small rooms and early reflections of Cinematic Rooms was just too exceptional to pass up. I love it when a reverb can do a convincing, small, just barely there stereo ambience. And CR may be the best at this so far.
Have you compared it to sunset sound studio reverb?
Old 1 week ago
Gear Head
Quote:
Originally Posted by MogwaiBoy View Post
Intro price finishing soon. Finally bought the standard version with my loyalty voucher discounts - maybe upgrade to Pro later on down the track

What's new in v1.01?
Version 1.0.1 (22 June 2020)

- Fix for channel ordering in Logic X 10.5.1 (5.1 and 7.1 modes)
- Introduction of a mono-mono channel mode where supported
- Introduction of a third auxiliary output for use in Pro Tools as 7.x -> 7.x.6
- Fix for audio glitch in FL Studio
- LFE passthrough level fix
- Mono-to-X modes now default to hard centre where possible rather than phantom centre
- Mono-to-X modes include the option to select phantom centre if required
- Fix for reflection pattern crossfeed bug on the centre channel
- Reduced time to open pro edition interface
Old 1 week ago
Gear Head
Well, i think will grab Pro, just because infinity. Damn LS why did you decide to add this
Your reverbs was always calm as nice short\mid-tail. What happened this time lol.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

I own many reverbs and 7H is my favourite overall. I loved the demo of this CR but I must admit I thought there was a bigger difference in the character when demoing Sunset Sound from IK compared with 7H. I'm torn between either grabbing CR or SSS but my gut is telling me to get SSS as its a very strong character verb in compliment to 7H. Especially the chambers...Any help would be appreciated.
Old 6 days ago
Lives for gear

Probably the only way we have to help is by telling you to test both reverbs on your own productions and check which one is fitting your pockets the best. They are all different flavors and they are all amazing products.
Old 6 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night Stalker View Post
I own many reverbs and 7H is my favourite overall. I loved the demo of this CR but I must admit I thought there was a bigger difference in the character when demoing Sunset Sound from IK compared with 7H. I'm torn between either grabbing CR or SSS but my gut is telling me to get SSS as its a very strong character verb in compliment to 7H. Especially the chambers...Any help would be appreciated.
Go with your gut. Whichever way it is.
Old 6 days ago
Lives for gear

Tnx, yeah I probably will go with my gut on this one. Was hoping someone would give their thoughts on SSS and how it stacks up because it's a totally different beast. I would rather add to the collection than replace a currently used reverb. I guess I answered my own question now

As always, you guys are amazing!
Old 6 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night Stalker View Post
Tnx, yeah I probably will go with my gut on this one. Was hoping someone would give their thoughts on SSS and how it stacks up because it's a totally different beast. I would rather add to the collection than replace a currently used reverb. I guess I answered my own question now

As always, you guys are amazing!
Tested it against SSSR yesterday which is my favorite realistic reverb. SSSR puts every instrument in a virtual room, you can „feel“ the space. CR on the other hand imho sounds like a nice fx you put on your track, like so many other reverb plugins. To put elements of a track into a realistic 3D scenario SSSR is just a class of its own imho.
Old 6 days ago
Lives for gear

Sorry, which plugin is SSSR ?
Old 6 days ago
Lives for gear

Sunset Sound Studio Reverb
Old 6 days ago
GBP
Gear Maniac

Quote:
That's always a drag when plugins have a lot of parameters. I wish the app allowed customizations in that regard, so we could have our own Favorites page with our preferred adjustments and nothing else. Though... it is free so I didn't expect that. Maybe a future feature.
Yes I am still testing and the offer runs out tomorrow... I am in a little quandary about this due to not being able to use on the eucon and also as I have vsr24, exponentials, pro r, Sonnox, vss3, 480uad + the rest....
As I have no other liquidSonics it works out at around £225 for the pro. quite expensive considering I could get the latest UAD for £100 or so. Should I bite the bullet??
Old 6 days ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Yes I am still testing and the offer runs out tomorrow... I am in a little quandary about this due to not being able to use on the eucon and also as I have vsr24, exponentials, pro r, Sonnox, vss3, 480uad + the rest....
As I have no other liquidSonics it works out at around £225 for the pro. quite expensive considering I could get the latest UAD for £100 or so. Should I bite the bullet??
I think you are pretty much covered with great reverbs. And unless you need to deal extensively with multi channel audio or you have GAS for it - your wallet should be safe.
Old 6 days ago
GBP
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by WallTone View Post
I think you are pretty much covered with great reverbs. And unless you need to deal extensively with multi channel audio or you have GAS for it - your wallet should be safe.
‘Should be” are the operative words! I am leaning towards safe now whilst testing out ocean way studios that I haven’t used much. NI Raum which I got for free has some unusual spaces..

I am thinking I should use what I’ve got! I think I am an Reverb addict always looking for the next fix!
I’ve still got a 4000 and 3000 amongst other hardware...
Old 6 days ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
‘Should be” are the operative words! I am leaning towards safe now whilst testing out ocean way studios that I haven’t used much. NI Raum which I got for free has some unusual spaces..

I am thinking I should use what I’ve got! I think I am an Reverb addict always looking for the next fix!
I’ve still got a 4000 and 3000 amongst other hardware...
I picked up CR Pro for around £145 with a MWTM 30% additional discount. Great reverb. However I have been listening to IK SSSR quite a bit on videos and it sounds amazing for that being put in a real space kind of sound. I think I am going to see whether there is a demo available of SSSR and will probably end up getting that as well.
📝 Reply
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
🖨️ Show Printable Version
✉️ Email this Page
🔍 Search thread
♾️ Similar Threads
🎙️ View mentioned gear