The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Korneff 4K LMC clone plugin - Talkback Limiter
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Korneff View Post
I'm not fully opposed to adding in some i/o metering and trim, but I encourage you to work with this limiter in a different way first.
Hey Dan, what bmanic is suggesting has nothing to do with how this plugin is supposed to work. We left LMC territory long ago. What you’ve created is the best LMC emulation on the market. Congrats! With bmanic’s small tweak you’re opening new uncharted capabilities and maximizing the use of your product. You cannot achieve anything close to what bmanic has done with the stock configuration. It’s a different animal altogether.

And as b0se suggested, you shouldn’t change the front GUI. Keep everything as is and add it under the hood. That way you’re not complicating the process for the new user and you’re keeping the LMC approach intact.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
What address are you sending to? We're usually pretty quick about responding.
Hi Dan. The first was through the contact form on your website. The second was a response to one of your automated emails about "Talkback Love." It should be from my username at gmail and it was to korneffaudio at gmail. Thanks
Old 1 week ago
Attached Thumbnails
Korneff 4K LMC clone plugin - Talkback Limiter-pad.jpg  
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Uhh looks like i cant go around that thing.

Will test it today.
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melodeath View Post
Hey Luke, I love the sentiment here in your post. However, it seems kind of at odds with the fact that I've emailed twice over the past few weeks and never received a reply. That left much more of a sour taste for me than the lack of getting in on the $10 intro sale.
Melodeath -

We try not to let things get by us, but they do, evidently.

Please logon to your account on our website. We hope what you find will take the bad taste out of your mouth. We stand behind our words, and we will seek to do better.

Luke
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korneff Audio View Post
Melodeath -

We try not to let things get by us, but they do, evidently.

Please logon to your account on our website. We hope what you find will take the bad taste out of your mouth. We stand behind our words, and we will seek to do better.

Luke
Hey Luke, I really appreciate that! Initially I just wanted to provide some feedback on my experience as a potential customer, but this response is very generous of you! Thanks so much!
Old 6 days ago
Here for the gear

Hey all,

Just a quick heads up...

Hi All,

There is an upgrade to the Pawn Shop Comp coming out very very soon.

PSC 2.0 will feature all the same great tone and functionality - and tweakability... but even moreso: More things to tweak, expanded settings, and a gorgeous user interface that retains the charm of the original but makes operating it even more fun and easy.

Stay tuned... your socks will be knocked off!
Old 6 days ago
Quote:
for everyone wanting an input trim:

This circuit was originally designed as a down and dirty limiter for studio communication systems. It's meant to level off a signal (whether it be a shotgun blast 2 feet from the mic, or a mouse fart 20 feet away) at any cost (including sonic integrity). That's the beast we are dealing with. With that in mind, it was never intended to gently kiss your audio.
With the input level set to Line and the Listen knob set fully CCW, the threshold sits around -24dB, so if you wanted to get the operating level to a point of no compresssion, you'd have to trim the input around 24dB.
Switching the input to MIC removes a 30dBpad on the input, allowing even more fun to be had with the limiter. At that point, the meter is useless. It'll be pegged at full deflection. BUT you can really dig in and create some fun sounds.

I'm not fully opposed to adding in some i/o metering and trim, but I encourage you to work with this limiter in a different way first. The Wet/Dry knob will be your most valuable function on the limiter. Smash your audio to a really excited, super exaggerated state, and then knock it back into reality with that Wet/Dry knob. I think at that point you'll really harness the magic of the unit.
Let me know what you guys think!
I'm finding 30% is great on almost any bus.
Old 5 days ago
Here for the gear

Actually a bit gutted this is iLok as the demo's I've heard sound fantastic and was about to buy it. Just can't be doing with a USB and computer is offline so won't work
Old 3 days ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tranzmit View Post
Actually a bit gutted this is iLok
I feel your pain. Unfortunately, I have to protect my investment
Old 3 days ago
Here for the gear

Completely understand Dan
Old 3 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korneff Audio View Post
Hey all,

Just a quick heads up...

Hi All,

There is an upgrade to the Pawn Shop Comp coming out very very soon.

PSC 2.0 will feature all the same great tone and functionality - and tweakability... but even moreso: More things to tweak, expanded settings, and a gorgeous user interface that retains the charm of the original but makes operating it even more fun and easy.

Stay tuned... your socks will be knocked off!

Hi Dan

I’m in love with the Talkback and have it as a parallel on almost everything now. I’m looking forward to the new PSC. Should we wait to demo? I haven’t demoed the original but don’t want to use up trial time on the old one if the new one is coming.

Thanks
Old 2 days ago
Lives for gear

Will this be available as a VST, or is it VST3 only?
Old 1 day ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocolateHawkins View Post
Should we wait to demo?
PSC 2 has been released, so go get that demo! Lemme know what you think.
Old 1 day ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Allison View Post
Will this be available as a VST, or is it VST3 only?
This will only be VST3.
It's hard to imagine, but VST3 was introduced in 2008... it 12 years old. Steinberg has stopped supporting older versions of VST and I couldn't get an EULA to distribute that format, even if I wanted to.
📝 Reply
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
🖨️ Show Printable Version
✉️ Email this Page
🔍 Search thread
♾️ Similar Threads
🎙️ View mentioned gear