The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Maat theEQRed is released...
Old 1 day ago
Gear Maniac

Maat theEQRed is released...

https://www.maat.digital/theqred/

A wonderful EQ... It sounds smooth and works with every material...
But the latency makes it unusable for Tracks, or Bus...

Another problem now is, that it can handle only two Stereo Modes...
LR or MS...but it can not be hybrid, like the orange...

But the best sounding EQ out there... Did the original Red from algorithmix has such a high latency?
Old 1 day ago
Lives for gear

Just installed the demo 2 hours ago. Everything seems working as it should in Windows, I'll get back later.
Old 1 day ago
Lives for gear

I have a problem with latency with these MAAT plugins.

Pro Tools here.
Old 1 day ago
Lives for gear

the gui is quite disturbing
maybe this turns german tonmeisters on
but man I go blind staring at this histogram...
Old 1 day ago
Gear Head

Instantly crashes Protools 12.8.3 engaging any band to the on position here. Just one track on, and only Red EQ.
Old 1 day ago
Lives for gear

looking forward to meet all the jerks
from the weiss eq 1 thread here
claiming this to be too expensive
Old 1 day ago
Lives for gear

Is 2020 the EQ year? how many EQs have been already released so far? And there's also the KNIF Soma coming late this year!
Old 1 day ago
Gear Addict

Ok. This eq does sound amazing. Impressive how little damage it does to a mix. Wow.

However, when I'm working on it and looking at the hystogram and then look up at the mix window in protools it makes the screen look like it's melting! Makes me nostalgic for those summers in high school eating poisonous mushrooms with my friends.
Old 1 day ago
Gear Maniac
Quote:
Originally Posted by M Albazy View Post
Is 2020 the EQ year? how many EQs have been already released so far? And there's also the KNIF Soma coming late this year!
Soma coming? Vst?
Old 1 day ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by vallok View Post
Soma coming? Vst?
Yes from Plugin Alliance.
Old 1 day ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaman View Post
the gui is quite disturbing
maybe this turns german tonmeisters on
but man I go blind staring at this histogram...
The "CPU Saving Mode" setting disables the histogram.
Old 1 day ago
Gear Maniac

Their website goes into great detail regarding the design and performance of thEQred. Seems like this is a must have for mastering engineers (who don't already have this). Looking forward to hearing to how it compares to the Weiss EQ1.
Old 1 day ago
Lives for gear

Their website shows mid/side and stereo per bands. Maybe this is a bug and will be fixed on a update after this beta.
Attached Thumbnails
Maat theEQRed is released...-screenshot_20200523-160517_chrome.jpg  
Old 23 hours ago
Lives for gear

I'm disappointed with the amount this linear-phase EQ pre-rings, I was hoping for a better performance than Orange.
Old 22 hours ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
I'm disappointed with the amount this linear-phase EQ pre-rings, I was hoping for a better performance than Orange.
Personally I'm happy staying with orange and blue. I think I'll pass on this one. Unless it's a great deal in the future.
Old 5 hours ago
Lives for gear

Well against my better judgment I bought it in hopes they will update and fix it in the future. The soind is there, it just needs matrix mix to make it more versatile.
Old 4 hours ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by trevon View Post
Well against my better judgment I bought it in hopes they will update and fix it in the future. The soind is there, it just needs matrix mix to make it more versatile.
If you got EQuilibirum try it with the following settings
Processing mode: FIR
Phase: Linear
Impulse length: 32k samples
Impulse Padding: x1
Window Shape: Kaiser
Window Parameter: 0.80

And then try some narrow cuts in the low-end below 300Hz and compare against the Red and tell me which one pre-ring way less
Old 3 hours ago
Gear Maniac
Imagine Orange as EQuilibrium with lower IR length, and Red as EQuilibrium with highest IR length. Orange is time domain, Red is frequency domain.

Dave Gamble about his EQuilibrium:
[...] the window shape trades off between tightness in the time domain+ smoothness in the frequency domain vs slow decays in the time domain+sharp edges in the frequency domain. If you're notching something, you need the latter. If you're mastering, you most likely want the former. As you sweep the parameter around, you trade from one to the other. The other shapes do the same thing - they give you a specific balance between tight time-domain response and definition in the frequency domain. For high IR lengths, this stuff is all pretty subtle, so test it with a short IR. I included the full set of common window shapes, because it was easy, nice to be able to explore, and I suspected someone would ask at some point.

---

Btw, he insists/recommends to use Kaiser mode, because of excellent maths there.
Old 3 hours ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stereo Flux View Post
Imagine Orange as EQuilibrium with lower IR length, and Red as EQuilibrium with highest IR length. Orange is time domain, Red is frequency domain.

Dave Gamble about his EQuilibrium:
[...] the window shape trades off between tightness in the time domain+ smoothness in the frequency domain vs slow decays in the time domain+sharp edges in the frequency domain. If you're notching something, you need the latter. If you're mastering, you most likely want the former. As you sweep the parameter around, you trade from one to the other. The other shapes do the same thing - they give you a specific balance between tight time-domain response and definition in the frequency domain. For high IR lengths, this stuff is all pretty subtle, so test it with a short IR. I included the full set of common window shapes, because it was easy, nice to be able to explore, and I suspected someone would ask at some point.

---

Btw, he insists/recommends to use Kaiser mode, because of excellent maths there.
To make this easier to digest to non-technical guys. Basically, increase the Window Parameter to reduce pre-ringing (between 0.5 and 1) but at the expense of less accuracy in the frequency response. And to get the most accurate frequency response, decrease the Window Parameter (between 0 and 0.5) at the expense of more pre-ring.

IME, using Kaiser shape (+ higher window parameter) gives the least amount of pre-ring, to a level no other LP EQ can compete so far (Pro-Q, MAAT Orange/Red, Weiss in LP, CurveDSP).
Old 3 hours ago
Gear Maniac
Quote:
If you got EQuilibirum try it with the following settings
Processing mode: FIR
Phase: Linear
Impulse length: 32k samples
Impulse Padding: x1
Window Shape: Kaiser
Window Parameter: 0.80

And then try some narrow cuts in the low-end below 300Hz and compare against the Red and tell me which one pre-ring way less
32k samples.... Which sample rate? Using 32k samples at 192kHz is same as 16k samples at 96kHz or same as 8k samples at 48kHz.
So, the lowest length is 1024 at 192kHz, and the longest is maximum length at 44100
Old 1 hour ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stereo Flux View Post
32k samples.... Which sample rate? Using 32k samples at 192kHz is same as 16k samples at 96kHz or same as 8k samples at 48kHz.
So, the lowest length is 1024 at 192kHz, and the longest is maximum length at 44100
in the AB I was doing the SR was on 48khz with those settings
Old 48 minutes ago
Lives for gear

Tried it today a little bit. In this state I can't spend that amount. For 500 us it have to be great in all aspects. Sounds really good but the latency is really a bummer.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search