The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
PlugInstall - Install Logic Pro X AU Plugins without the need to restart your Mac
Old 5 days ago
Here for the gear

PlugInstall - Install Logic Pro X AU Plugins without the need to restart your Mac

Introducing PlugInstall - Install Logic Pro X AU Plugins Without Restarting Your Mac

Small app that will allow newly installed Plugins to show up in Logic Pro X immediately.

No more annoying need to restart your Mac after an install.

Compatible with Logic Pro X 10.5! (High Sierra to Catalina)

Only $1 - pluginstall.com

Old 5 days ago
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlugInstall View Post
Introducing PlugInstall - Install Logic Pro X AU Plugins Without Restarting Your Mac

Small app that will allow newly installed Plugins to show up in Logic Pro X immediately.

No more annoying need to restart your Mac after an install.

Compatible with Logic Pro X 10.5! (High Sierra to Catalina)

Only $1 - pluginstall.com

Nice, thanks
Old 5 days ago
Lives for gear

I assume this is killall -9 AudioComponentRegistrar wrapped in a button? Not complaining, one time 1$ is a fair price for convenience for people...
Old 5 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teej View Post
I assume this is killall -9 AudioComponentRegistrar wrapped in a button? Not complaining, one time 1$ is a fair price for convenience for people...
Thats what i was thinking.....
Old 4 days ago
plx
Gear Maniac

You don't actually need to restart tho, only login/logout. Which is not that much of a nuisance
Old 4 days ago
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teej View Post
Yes exactly.
Old 4 days ago
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by plx View Post
You don't actually need to restart tho, only login/logout. Which is not that much of a nuisance
It still is a nuisance to have to quit everything you were working on and logout just to have a new plugin to show up.
Old 4 days ago
Lives for gear

? I don’t think i ever had to restart the mac after installing a plugin, only needed to restart Logic. Is there a particular set of plugins or brands where this case happens ?
Old 4 days ago
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by spaceman View Post
? I don’t think i ever had to restart the mac after installing a plugin, only needed to restart Logic. Is there a particular set of plugins or brands where this case happens ?
Starting from High Sierra through to Catalina this problem has existed and lots of other users have experienced it. It's hard to list manufacturers because it seems to happen randomly. Logic has tried to address the issue with the 10.5 release and it has improved, but we've done extensive testing and the problem still remains for a number of plugins.
Old 4 days ago
Lives for gear

Is this plugin in any way intrusive to the computer? I'm very careful with my setup, I don't like things being altered at root system level. If it's safe, I'll buy it.
Old 4 days ago
Gear Addict

Old 4 days ago
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raddler View Post
Is this plugin in any way intrusive to the computer? I'm very careful with my setup, I don't like things being altered at root system level. If it's safe, I'll buy it.
Yes perfectly safe. Like the poster above mentioned it's simply killing a system process that's running which gets launched again the minute you launch Logic. No files are installed anywhere and to uninstall you simply drag PlugInstall.app to the trash.
Old 4 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlugInstall View Post
Yes perfectly safe. Like the poster above mentioned it's simply killing a system process that's running which gets launched again the minute you launch Logic. No files are installed anywhere and to uninstall you simply drag PlugInstall.app to the trash.

I'll buy it.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search