The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Siemens W295b EQ IR's by PTF Reverbs
Old 5 days ago
Lives for gear

Thumbs up Siemens W295b EQ IR's by PTF Reverbs

Siemens W295b EQ IR's by PTF Reverbs-siemens-w295b-eq-cover.jpg

SIEMENS W295b ANALOG VINTAGE GERMAN EQ

This is our take on this legendary EQ. Our favorite solid-state EQ.

What this EQ can do with the highs and lows are second to none!

Up there with any Neve and API. In some cases even better!

We have sampled all given frequencies with every boost and cut possibilities.

Bass +15 / -15

Treble +15 / -15

0,7/1,0/1,5/2,3/3,5/5,6 kHz +8 / -8

Sounds amazing on acoustic guitar, bass, overheads, vocals, full mixes, you name it!

The air this EQ can give you is just phenomenal.

You will get 140 IR’s in this set.

(70 44,1 kHz IR’s + 70 96 kHz IR's)

Check out the demos in extreme boost settings;

Available now at; www.gumroad.com/pasttofuturereverbs

We are proud to bring you sounds you can’t find anywhere else!

A Past to Future Release
Attached Thumbnails
Siemens W295b EQ IR's by PTF Reverbs-siemens-w295b-eq-cover.jpg  
Old 5 days ago
Gear Guru

Promising. Will have to get this.....
Old 5 days ago
Lives for gear

What kind of IR player would be best for these samples?
Old 5 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic_Beast View Post
What kind of IR player would be best for these samples?
Cab IR Players are the best for these kind of short IR's.
Old 4 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karloff70 View Post
Cool, you will like it
Old 4 days ago
Gear Guru

Just about to download. From the demos, if I like it as much as I hope, I'll be back for the vinyl and Studer.....
Old 4 days ago
Gear Guru

Yup, lovely. Bass on this is gorgeous. Got a few more packs, the Studer169 is lovely, too. Nice one!
Old 4 days ago
Gear Nut

Why don't you make (or contract or use an open source) IR loader and put a GUI on top of it so this looks and behaves like any other VST plugin when playing with dials? You would basically be doing what Acustica is doing, except with IRs instead of whatever-it-is-that-acustica-does.

If you did that, I would be very interested in this, but as it stands, I can't see myself flipping through IR's to apply EQ. Hopefully you see this as constructive and encouraging feedback, as that is how it is meant to come across.
Old 4 days ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by kindafishy View Post
Why don't you make (or contract or use an open source) IR loader and put a GUI on top of it so this looks and behaves like any other VST plugin when playing with dials? You would basically be doing what Acustica is doing, except with IRs instead of whatever-it-is-that-acustica-does.

If you did that, I would be very interested in this, but as it stands, I can't see myself flipping through IR's to apply EQ. Hopefully you see this as constructive and encouraging feedback, as that is how it is meant to come across.
100% agree
Old 4 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by kindafishy View Post

Thanks a lot for your feedback. Yes, that will be The next step for us and yes we are looking for someone who can do this and work with us.
Let's see what the future holds

Cheers
PTF
Old 4 days ago
Lives for gear

This is awesome. I think it's my favourite EQ too, amazing how 'unEQed' things sound.

Over the years I've collected most of the W295B plugins — CDSoundMaster, Tim Petherick, Soundtoys, and now this, my logic being to mix and match as if using multiple hardware units and getting the mojo that that brings.

I even sometimes put a Petherick on the L channel and a Michael Angel on the R — super duper stereo goodness right there. Now I've got more units to choose from!

Cheers
Old 4 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Yup, lovely. Bass on this is gorgeous. Got a few more packs, the Studer169 is lovely, too. Nice one!
Thanks a lot! Enjoy!
Old 4 days ago
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by PastToFuture View Post
Thanks a lot! Enjoy!
I very much will. I prefer this to the Acustica thing, referring to what people were suggesting you do in this thread. The sound of 'normal' convolution tech is subjectively less intrusive than the AA tech, which to me has a 'sound of the sampler' as if the AA tech is a hardware sampler with a haze and softness to it. This doesn't do that.

If you start doing eq plugins with this under the hood, I am all in!! Get a SERIOUSLY nice chain of conversion going and build us some sample based eq plugs out of classic units, pretty please. Not like there is anything wrong wth whatever chain you're using now, but I'd go to town on this, even if you rent it for the task. Go all out. Even pick cables for the loop from comparisons of a couple. Grimm TPR should be included imho. Would be insanely awesome!

A tip would be, forget interpolation for non stepped units, just take loads of samples, and make them stepped. But with small steps, so you never really want an in between. Then the sound is always just how the sample is, full quality. And if you make frequency selection boost steps, make them notes. And make some interesting units, like you already do. First request: a Urei 546, pretty please......and an MCI eq would be pretty amazing. And if you do what you did with the Studer 169 on an MCI 400, that would also be awesome.... :-) As would doing it to other interesting consoles and line amps.

Sorry, got excited and spouted. Loving the idea of all these potential tools as this doesn't mess with mic recordings the way 'normal' plugs do.....
Old 4 days ago
Gear Nut

Quote:
I very much will. I prefer this to the Acustica thing, referring to what people were suggesting you do in this thread. The sound of 'normal' convolution tech is subjectively less intrusive than the AA tech, which to me has a 'sound of the sampler' as if the AA tech is a hardware sampler with a haze and softness to it. This doesn't do that.

If you start doing eq plugins with this under the hood, I am all in!! Get a SERIOUSLY nice chain of conversion going and build us some sample based eq plugs out of classic units, pretty please. Not like there is anything wrong wth whatever chain you're using now, but I'd go to town on this, even if you rent it for the task. Go all out. Even pick cables for the loop from comparisons of a couple. Grimm TPR should be included imho. Would be insanely awesome!

A tip would be, forget interpolation for non stepped units, just take loads of samples, and make them stepped. But with small steps, so you never really want an in between. Then the sound is always just how the sample is, full quality. And if you make frequency selection boost steps, make them notes. And make some interesting units, like you already do. First request: a Urei 546, pretty please......and an MCI eq would be pretty amazing. And if you do what you did with the Studer 169 on an MCI 400, that would also be awesome.... :-) As would doing it to other interesting consoles and line amps.

Sorry, got excited and spouted. Loving the idea of all these potential tools as this doesn't mess with mic recordings the way 'normal' plugs do.....
I wholeheartedly agree with every single word here, and I too would be all-in.
Old 4 days ago
Lives for gear

Would it be possible to sample the preamp section from API 560 EQ?
Old 4 days ago
Gear Head

Quote:
Hi! I was about to ask exactly this.... Old Nebula user here.
Impressed by the A80 and 169 pack. And obviously this W295b!
Will there be a possibility to listen to the demos in WAV?
Old 4 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agustin Mongelli View Post
Hi! I was about to ask exactly this.... Old Nebula user here.
Impressed by the A80 and 169 pack. And obviously this W295b!
Will there be a possibility to listen to the demos in WAV?
I can send you wav if you send me your email.
Cheers
Old 4 days ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robo View Post
This is awesome. I think it's my favourite EQ too, amazing how 'unEQed' things sound.

Over the years I've collected most of the W295B plugins — CDSoundMaster, Tim Petherick, Soundtoys, and now this, my logic being to mix and match as if using multiple hardware units and getting the mojo that that brings.

I even sometimes put a Petherick on the L channel and a Michael Angel on the R — super duper stereo goodness right there. Now I've got more units to choose from!

Cheers
I guess i have a unit u don't own. The fpga unit by antelope :DD
Old 3 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:

Cheers
Thanks, yes for example on bass guitar, when you boost the bass with the Siemens it sounds like you switch to another neck pick up or something

Also the high freq. are amazing. You can boost +15 without getting deaf and you still like the results
Old 3 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Thanks, yes for example on bass guitar, when you boost the bass with the Siemens it sounds like you switch to another neck pick up or something

Also the high freq. are amazing. You can boost +15 without getting deaf and you still like the results
You're darn tootin'!
Old 3 days ago
Lives for gear

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital Crush View Post
You're making me buy expensive hardware now?

Analog Obsession have a boy that is pretty good too, modelled only though.
Old 3 days ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:
You're making me buy expensive hardware now?

Analog Obsession have a boy that is pretty good too, modelled only though.
I think you're pretty much covered. Btw will try your suggestion about different emulations on stereo. Seems interesting!!
Old 2 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:

Thanks a lot! If you liked the Studer console you will love the SSL 4000 E Console IR's that we made
Old 1 day ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital Crush View Post
There's a W295? I don't see it.
I know there's a Neumann W495.
Old 1 day ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Hepworth View Post
There's a W295? I don't see it.
I know there's a Neumann W495.
Yea my bad. I actually confused the PEV for the 295. Don't ask me why.
True there are both the W492 W495 in addition to the PEV which i personally like
Old 1 day ago
Here for the gear

Great!

I'm watching you. Another great. I bought a Studer (I'm trying to use it as a great DeEss and Vinyl ... the bass sounds beautifully old.
I dream of some TC ambiance, I like their sound. Thank you!
Old 13 hours ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Hey Karloff which IR player are you using?
Old 5 hours ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by kofein View Post
I'm watching you. Another great. I bought a Studer (I'm trying to use it as a great DeEss and Vinyl ... the bass sounds beautifully old.
I dream of some TC ambiance, I like their sound. Thank you!
Thank you!
We have some great TC stuff here
They are definitely on the list!
Old 3 hours ago
Here for the gear

Quote:
Thank you!
We have some great TC stuff here
They are definitely on the list!
Thank you maestro of IR : ) I looking to Future!
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search