The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
ValhallaSupermassive. FREE!!!
Old 3 days ago
  #181
Gear Nut
 

Problem or not?

Love Valhalla plugins, I think I have 75% of them.

Was working with SuperMassive last night and found an odd little "quirk"? Was running a track through a long reverb in Ableton Live, was ready to render, hit stop on the transport and then exported an audio mix of the entire song. When I listened back to the rendered mix, I was surprised to hear that the reverb tail from before I hit stop was still sounding at the start of the my rendered mix.

When you click "stop" on the transport, does SuperMassive need to clear its buffer? Or is this intentional that the buffer keeps going until the logical end? Is there a workaround? Rendering mixes would require waiting for SuperMassive to stop sounding, which in some cases can take some time!
Old 3 days ago
  #182
ValhallaDSP
 
seancostello's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aperus View Post
Love Valhalla plugins, I think I have 75% of them.

Was working with SuperMassive last night and found an odd little "quirk"? Was running a track through a long reverb in Ableton Live, was ready to render, hit stop on the transport and then exported an audio mix of the entire song. When I listened back to the rendered mix, I was surprised to hear that the reverb tail from before I hit stop was still sounding at the start of the my rendered mix.

When you click "stop" on the transport, does SuperMassive need to clear its buffer? Or is this intentional that the buffer keeps going until the logical end? Is there a workaround? Rendering mixes would require waiting for SuperMassive to stop sounding, which in some cases can take some time!
Live is quirky with its transport, and reverb tails in general. VSTs respond in one way (tails ring out), and AUs another (tails STOP when transport is stopped). So I would recommend trying the AU if you are on a Mac.

I'll look into the reset mechanism inside Supermassive for future releases, and see if it takes into account restarting the transport. It should - but again, take note of the above Live quirks.
Old 3 days ago
  #183
Gear Nut
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by seancostello View Post
Live is quirky with its transport, and reverb tails in general. VSTs respond in one way (tails ring out), and AUs another (tails STOP when transport is stopped). So I would recommend trying the AU if you are on a Mac.

I'll look into the reset mechanism inside Supermassive for future releases, and see if it takes into account restarting the transport. It should - but again, take note of the above Live quirks.
Thank you Sean! Impressed with your work and your response took all of 15 minutes? Best wishes!
Old 3 days ago
  #184
Lives for gear
 
VitaEtMusica's Avatar
 

Have been using Supermassive heavily in production for the past week. It's just excellent. I definitely don't want to cast shade, because they're wonderful tools, but Supermassive is kinda everything I wanted Blackhole and Adaptiverb to be but weren't. The way it integrates with sounds and just infinitely extends them in a perfectly natural way is amazing.

Again, well done, Sean! And thank you for your generosity. I shall endeavor to pay it forward somehow.
Old 2 days ago
  #185
yeah this really does sound amazing.

Just playing a single note on the Dark Matter and then listening to the verb tail is ,
Old 2 days ago
  #186
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by VitaEtMusica View Post
The way it integrates with sounds and just infinitely extends them in a perfectly natural way is amazing.
Well put. This was my first, immediate impression as well. Very unique in this regard, and it's easy /quick to use. Going to check out some of their other stuff now. Thanks!
Old 1 day ago
  #187
Lives for gear
 
thismercifulfate's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by VitaEtMusica View Post
Supermassive is kinda everything I wanted Blackhole and Adaptiverb to be but weren't.
For real. I wish I had never wasted $50 on blackhole. I never use it.
Old 1 day ago
  #188
Quote:
Originally Posted by thismercifulfate View Post
For real. I wish I had never wasted $50 on blackhole. I never use it.
Ditto.
Old 1 day ago
  #189
Lives for gear
 

I gotta say it's probably one of the best plugins ever.

I've been using it on vocals in the last couple of songs and the things it does, nothing else that I'm aware of can do that.

I could never find one that kind of worked like the one in Nexus that makes sounds have reverb that actually sound more like prolonged envelope decay rather than a reverb on top. Like a natural, thick extension of the sound. This does exactly that. Thick, smooth, clean sort-of-reverbs. Or the ones that just build up gently around you. This is incredible.

Honestly, I think Valhalla made a mistake for giving it out for free. But thank you for doing that. But I still feel it's way,way too good to be free.
Old 1 day ago
  #190
Lives for gear
 
BM Grabber's Avatar
 

Is this more of a reverb, delay or modulation plugin? Or a blend of it all?

What do you prefer using it on?

PS. Will test after the weekend
Old 1 day ago
  #191
Lives for gear
 
no genre's Avatar
Yep, this VST is special. A most excellent piece of kit.
Old 11 hours ago
  #192
Lives for gear
It's amazing that this is free!
Old 7 hours ago
  #193
Here for the gear
 

There's no point in making it fullly resizable when it forgets its default size... annoying. Workarounds?
Old 7 hours ago
  #194
Gear Maniac
 
SteveWZ's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by miscend View Post
It's amazing that this is free!
This is my favorite free plugin.

Its very usable for professional production.

Valhalla was very generous offering this for free.

A BIG thanks!
Old 2 hours ago
  #195
ValhallaDSP
 
seancostello's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by David_Russell View Post
There's no point in making it fullly resizable when it forgets its default size... annoying. Workarounds?
Each instance can have a different size, and this is saved in the DAW project. This is by design.
Topic:
Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Forum Jump
Forum Jump