The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
ValhallaSupermassive. FREE!!!
Old 1 week ago
Gear Addict

Thanks for the generous gift Sean.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

This plugin is just ridiculously good. I'm so blown away by the sheer awesomeness of ALL the included algorithms/modes. Truly one of the greatest free plugins ever released. I lack the words to describe just how impressed I'm with the plugin.

Amazing work Sean! Simply amazing.
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear

This thing sound like some little dwarfs inside the big house. I like this very much. Great presets.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Maniac

Here is an example of Valhalla Supermassive using automation techniques to change the characteristics of the reverb and delays as the piece evolves.

There are 2 instruments and 2 instances of Valhalla Supermassive.

We are viewing the automated track which is on all the percussive instruments.
No other reverbs or delays are being used.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Addict

Thank you, Sean. As many here, I also have many of your products already, so this is fantastic. Not a single mix I do fail to have at least one of your verbs and delay. Vvv and Room are my go tos and Delay is my current go to since I first tried it. Just want to ask if there’s anything I can do to get the presets showing on UberMod again. Since Mojave they don’t show up, and it’s a drag because they are so inspiring and I love this plug. I am using Logic 10.5 under 10.14.6. If anyone knows the answer, I’d really appreciate. Tried reinstalling it to no results..

Many thanks again for yet another freebie!
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Mille grazie, Sir Costello.
Old 1 week ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelpv View Post
Thank you, Sean. As many here, I also have many of your products already, so this is fantastic. Not a single mix I do fail to have at least one of your verbs and delay. Vvv and Room are my go tos and Delay is my current go to since I first tried it. Just want to ask if there’s anything I can do to get the presets showing on UberMod again. Since Mojave they don’t show up, and it’s a drag because they are so inspiring and I love this plug. I am using Logic 10.5 under 10.14.6. If anyone knows the answer, I’d really appreciate. Tried reinstalling it to no results..

Many thanks again for yet another freebie!
Write me about this at [email protected] - I'll get you sorted.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Maniac

Here is another example of Valhalla Supermassive using automation.

This time using syncopated delays and automating several of the parameters.

Supermassive is very good at remaining musical as we change modulation, feedback, etc.

Super plugin!
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

had to drop in and say THANKS!! haven't even tried any of the presets yet, just enjoying tweaking. MASSIVE!
Old 1 week ago
Gear Maniac
Very nice! Thanks team Valhalla!
Old 1 week ago
This sounds incredible! (Not that I’d expect anything less from Sean)

I’ve already used it on two sessions, and I can see it being a regular insert on synths and background vocals!
Old 1 week ago
Gear Nut

Love the insane stereo image on this one!
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear

I still cannot believe that this was free. :D

Also I have horrible things to say that this is my first Valhalla plugin, but bear with me I just started my bedroom studio journey.

But this plugin feels amazing. Yesterday I just enjoyed echoes going on and on...what a sounds.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleen View Post
Write me about this at [email protected] - I'll get you sorted.
Will do now. Many thanks
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Last night I was jamming on some of the beautiful Hohner models in Pianoteq 6, going into Supermassive. From the very first note, as it morphed and drifted through a near-infinite sonic continuum of inspiration and possibilities, it was just pure inspiration. Playing into it, responding to it's trails in real-time, is a unique musical experience.

This cosmic plugin has got soul.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Maniac

I did a little experiment with Supermassive to see how it stood up for Ambient and Film production.

Doing sound design for film can often be a very involved process involving many plugins and FX.

In this video I only used 1 instance of Valhalla Supermassive for all the reverb, delays, modulation, etc which were automated for special changes.

I generally don't use free presets for this kind of work but lets see how Supermassive does.

Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Instantly one of the most inspirational free plugins, in my experience! It's a beast and it sounds so good! Thanks Sean!
Old 1 week ago
Gear Addict

Thanks Mr, valhalla. this is very sweet.
Old 1 week ago
ValhallaDSP

We've had a number of folks ask us why we released Supermassive for free. Kristin wrote up a nice blog post answering that question!

https://valhalladsp.com/2020/05/27/w...rmassive-free/
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by seancostello View Post
We've had a number of folks ask us why we released Supermassive for free. Kristin wrote up a nice blog post answering that question!

You and yours are simply good people. Thank you.
(and thanks for the blogpost - it was really interesting)
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Thanks Sean, really enjoying your new plugin.

Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Thanks Sean! We look forward to Valhalla's next big thing!
Old 1 week ago
Gear Nut

Totally kickass plugin!
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Best thing out of Seattle since Nirvana
Old 6 days ago
I have already made two new songs inspired by the sound of Supermassive, and have a third song in progress. Got me out of a COVID-19 musical slump. I can make an entire album with just the “Sagittarius” mode (and no other reverb or delay on the album).
Old 6 days ago
Here for the gear

Thanks a lot for the freebie Sean! Supermassive is great, I've been playing with it a lot since the release. It's a very singular plug-in, able to do reverb + delay and all the things in between, with an unpredictable side which leads you to use your ears and to spend some time exploring its sonic territories, by trying to figure out the interesting interactions between the knobs. Been sending guitars and analog synths sounds throught it.

I have a few remarks:
  • Could it be possible to have the description of each algorithm always visible when the mouse is not over any of the controls ? I think that's what happens most of the time, but maybe not at startup.
  • I think I saw a couple of times the LookAndFeel of the preset menu revert to JUCE default one (with the blue background) during play in Reaper Windows 64 bits. When it happened, the algorithm menu was working fine.

By the way, I played a little bit with the UberMod demo today, and I spotted an issue. When you select a preset, say the one called "Dual Solina" in Reaper, and then double click on the FX list Uber Mod entry to have the plug-in in a standalone window, a few strange things happen. The selected algorithm should be Dual Ensemble but is 6TapRandom instead. And some of the other preset parameters, the ones in Comboboxes, have a strange behaviour. The selected parameter text is written in a dark way, and when you click on the associated combobox, you can't find it selected in the menu, it sounds like a rounding error or something. We can see that happening for the Delay Sinc parameter or warp InputPan for example.

Thanks again for releasing Supermassive for free!
Old 6 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by seancostello View Post

The ironic karma thing of not wanting it "to be a commercial tool or marketing bait" is that you have had such a supermassively favourable response to your gesture, and deservedly so.
Old 6 days ago
Lives for gear

Finally had time to download and test. What a wonder-machine - I'm floating away here, by letting some recent recorded live-in-the-studio music take a bath in VSM.

I've purchased most Valhallas in the past, what a nice free bonus - Thank You!

::
Mads
Old 6 days ago
Gear Head

"...we are the proud, exhausted and bewildered human parents of a giant space baby who already knows how to drive and jams in the basement with lots of friends."

Haha, fantastic... Thanks Valhalla, Supermassive is supercool.
Old 6 days ago
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankencat View Post
Totally kickass plugin!
+1

I couldn't have said it better myself.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search