The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Toontrack releases EZBass
Old 1 week ago
News Desk Editor

Toontrack releases EZBass-ezbass_top-image.jpg

Today, Toontrack released their much-anticipated new bass software instrument, EZbass. It is available directly from Toontrack’s page, which also has comprehensive video material, audio demos and information on the new product.

“It feels amazing to finally make available what we’ve worked so hard to realize over the past few years,” says Erik Phersson, Toontrack’s Head of Software Development. “We are confident that what we have built is the most streamlined and intuitive bass production tool on the market today. We can’t wait to see and hear what our users do with it. I would like to also salute our amazing team. This is truly a group effort.”

“The anticipation and excitement from our user base has been enormous. We couldn’t be happier or prouder to finally release EZbass to market,” says Peter Knutsson, Toontrack’s CEO. “A new product line can’t be described as anything other than a company milestone. This is a great day in Toontrack history.”

About EZbass
EZbass is Toontrack’s highly anticipated bass software instrument and the new core title in the company’s widely popular EZ Line of products. In addition to carefully sampled bass tones, EZbass includes MIDI as well as a host of features to aid the user in quickly and effortlessly adding bass to their songs. In addition to EZbass, the EZ Line already includes EZkeys, EZmix 2, EZdrummer 2 as well as a wide range of expansion content for each of those platforms.

Price: EUR 155

Find EZbass here:
https://www.toontrack.com/product/ezbass/

Attached Thumbnails
Toontrack releases EZBass-ezbass_top-image.jpg  
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

purchased already. Easy instruments are all great!
Old 1 week ago
Gear Head
Instant buy for me. Been waiting for this for quite a while. Only had a brief fling with it so far but I'm sure this is going to be VERY good.
Old 1 week ago
Mho
Lives for gear

Instant buy.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

We can't demo it?
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

How is it on the CPU?
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Yordan View Post
How is it on the CPU?
less than 2% on my 9900X, 96Khz, Ableton Live.

50 Basslines per Track should be no problem
Old 1 week ago
Gear Head

Anyone find it for less than $149
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear

https://www.bestservice.com/ezbass.html

cheapest I could find.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barksy View Post
$135 Thanks!
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by SameOh View Post
We can't demo it?
Wait, what? No Demo?
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Talking

Bought.

After first 10 minutes, YAY !!! No more spending time adding bass groove to complex chord progressions.

Yay, it is even possible to drag drop the generated midi out from the plugin.

Finally I got Henrik Linder & Jimmy Haslip in the box.

Another example with EzBass :
https://www.gearslutz.com/board/atta...sse-fusion.mp3
Attached Files

EzBass.mp3 (4.95 MB, 6463 views)

Last edited by Bob Yordan; 3 days ago at 11:04 AM.. Reason: Added some awesome Valhalla Supermassive
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

I bought it at Bestservice but haven't received my serial yet, hopefully won't be too long.
Update: Took about an hour, serial received!

Last edited by mamm7215; 1 week ago at 08:59 PM..
Old 1 week ago
Gear Guru

Any comparisons with ModoBass?
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear

No deals for existing customers? (I see nothing even owning SD3, EZKeys, some midi paks and some libraries, c'mon toontrack)
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowastate89 View Post
No deals for existing customers? (I see nothing even owning SD3, EZKeys, some midi paks and some libraries, c'mon toontrack)
Ya my question too. I own all the others as well. Shame there's no loyalty coupon or anything. That said, $135.00 (bestservice.de) is NOT a bad price considering all that went into making EZBass and what it can do.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Has anyone compared it to Ample Sound?
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by gilmanoel View Post
Has anyone compared it to Ample Sound?
I have one of the Ample Sound guitars and while nice, I feel this is next level in terms of editing and pattern control.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Guru

I like ModoBass a lot. I'd be interested to hear a comparison.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowastate89 View Post

I think the price is actually lower than it could be. For $179 you are getting a virtual session bass player. I've tried it and it works very well.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Anyone care to share the list of genres covered with the provided grooves?

I'm sure it will be a little while but I'll have an eye out for a few MIDI packs.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Addict

Working on a Foo Fighter like track that had a Poo Biter sounding bass. Not anymore! Legend 810 preset with a pick for the win!
Old 1 week ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by henryrobinett View Post
Any comparisons with ModoBass?
I find EZ Bass to be far better than Modo in sound and certainly in flexibility/programming options. This one's brilliant. Sorry bass players...

It's crucial to see the tutorial for an idea of what it's capable of. I'm a decent (nah, ****ty really) bass player, but I can get a part close enough, then feed that audio into EZ Bass and have it spit out a MIDI version of that performance that sounds like me, only I can change basses and edit/quantize/etc. to my heart's content. Or I can ask it to find similar pre-recorded parts from *real* bass players, akin to EZ Drummer's Tap To Find feature. Honestly, this thing is crazy.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by henryrobinett View Post
I like ModoBass a lot. I'd be interested to hear a comparison.
I have both but just downloaded EZbass so haven’t had much time with it. Soundwise I think they’re comparable but when you consider the composing and editing capabilities of EZbass along with the included grooves there’s no contest...EZbass hands down. If I could only have one it would definitely be EZbass.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Yordan View Post
...Yay, it is even possible to drag drop the generated midi out from the plugin. ...
Good to know. I wasn't seeing this listed as a feature.

But my main electric basses are from Native Instruments. A couple more bass options in there, but I wonder if EZBass' sound is on par or better than NI's P-bass. Might not need to drag the MIDI out.
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear

Hey guys, question about BestService. I've never heard of them before, are they pretty reliable? Do they just send a code that I log into my Toontrack account to activate?
Old 1 week ago
Gear Nut

They are legit. They're been around for some time. Get the code from them and put it in your Toontrack Product Manager.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by fallofparadise View Post
Hey guys, question about BestService. I've never heard of them before, are they pretty reliable? Do they just send a code that I log into my Toontrack account to activate?
Yep. It may take a bit before they send the serial number. I got mine about an hour and 20 minutes or so after purchasing. I purchased my Superior Drums 3 upgrade through them as well.
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear

Thanks for the quick responses. I went ahead and placed my order! Time to retire my ol' ModoBass!

They actually sent the code immediately and I'm installing now. The last time I ordered a Toontrack product download from Musicians Friend, it seems if I waited for most of the day. Thanks again!
Old 1 week ago
Gear Head

Are there Undo/Redo buttons like in EZD and EZK that I'm missing? Sure seems like they would come in handy.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search