Drag and drop from daw :

Studio one : AUDIO : NO !! MIDI : NO !!

Cubase : MIDI OK AUDIO NO !!

Sonar : AUDIO & MIDI OK

spent hours trouble shooting more than having fun

System : windows 8.1 64 .
Hey @ Jeezo

Comment va? Dis-moi que veux tu dire par:

Studio One: AUDIO : NO (pas d'audio qui joue when you load Ebass???)

And Studio One MIDI: NO (meaning you can NOT drag & drop Midi pattern from EzBass to S1 V4 directly???)

Eclaire-moi stp voir si je peux aider

@+
Old 29th May 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeezo View Post
Ampeg svt vr
Softube eden
Overloud markbass

Those will get you covered

I also have some super great tones using darkglass from neural dsp (don t be afraid to bypass the cab )
Yeah, I have SVT-VR and B-15N on my PA wishlist hoping for a sale soon. I'll take a look at the others.
Old 29th May 2020
Here for the gear

Been using it on Windows and Studio One 4.6 since it came out -- think it sounds great, especially the Vintage Fender Jazzbass style one (for me).

Drag and drop in Studio One works from EzBass to midi, but it's a bit of a drag that you can't, for instance, drag and drop an audio clip directly onto EzBass. It works in Studio One if you first drag the clip out into the Files section, and then from there to EzBass.

However, anyone else having issues editing in the arrangement track? It seems to have something to do with the zoom/scaling (running on a 4k screen). This makes editing almost impossible which is a bit of a shame, although it became a bit better when I used the "reset all scaling" option in the pref menu. Yet, resizing and moving blocks around is still a hassle. Hope this will be fixed.

Also noticed that if you have your arrangement in midi in EzBass (but haven't exported the midi into Studio One) but you have "follow host" enabled, EzBass (or Studio One) doesn't seem to like loops very much. Really glitchy then.
Old 29th May 2020
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by BezowinZ View Post
Yeah, I have SVT-VR and B-15N on my PA wishlist hoping for a sale soon. I'll take a look at the others.
The ik are great also , you get a lot more variety of tones with ik , thks to tweakabilty and pedals ....PA according yo some is closer to the real thing , in both cases you re good imho ....
Old 29th May 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by leinadsey View Post
Been using it on Windows and Studio One 4.6 since it came out -- think it sounds great, especially the Vintage Fender Jazzbass style one (for me).

Drag and drop in Studio One works from EzBass to midi, but it's a bit of a drag that you can't, for instance, drag and drop an audio clip directly onto EzBass. It works in Studio One if you first drag the clip out into the Files section, and then from there to EzBass.

However, anyone else having issues editing in the arrangement track? It seems to have something to do with the zoom/scaling (running on a 4k screen). This makes editing almost impossible which is a bit of a shame, although it became a bit better when I used the "reset all scaling" option in the pref menu. Yet, resizing and moving blocks around is still a hassle. Hope this will be fixed.

Also noticed that if you have your arrangement in midi in EzBass (but haven't exported the midi into Studio One) but you have "follow host" enabled, EzBass (or Studio One) doesn't seem to like loops very much. Really glitchy then.
Is the zoom issue happening on version 1.0.3?
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Nut

Anyone know the best price for EZBass. Not saying it isn't worth it but I just want the best deal I can find.
Old 3 weeks ago
I’m interested in this plugin. I currently play midi into NI Scarbee basses.

Can anyone comment on how good this is playing 70’s and 80’s style Soul, R n B and Funk basses? Both the sound and articulations? I’m not concerned about pre amps or cab sounds as I have that covered the UAD Ampex and Eden plugins.

Also any Logic users, are you able to drag or import midi into EZBASS? Ideally I want to record the midi using Komplete Kontrol (for the scale guide) and then edit the articulations in EZBASS.
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Is it possible to change which pickup you are using on this library?
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solar View Post
Hey @ Jeezo

Comment va? Dis-moi que veux tu dire par:

Studio One: AUDIO : NO (pas d'audio qui joue when you load Ebass???)

And Studio One MIDI: NO (meaning you can NOT drag & drop Midi pattern from EzBass to S1 V4 directly???)

Eclaire-moi stp voir si je peux aider

@+
Ah mince , sorry for being late to reply , i missed that post , i m talking about the drag and drop features witch is not working in studio one , from s1 to ez bass ...you have to use the studio one file browser , but you can t drop and audio clip or mid i clip from session.

People say it s due to day , but i have other plugins that just do it well , it s about templates used to build plugin and ability to be xml format (if i recall well)
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

The Multi-Out function opens up so many possibilities as well. I can add some drive to the sub-bass or filter off a ton of lows and add FX to make the mids bite through an amp sim. Using Waves Bass Rider on the Sub to lock it in place so there is never a 'drop' out in soooo butter. Just excellent results everytime. Ezbass is incredible.
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by blayz2002 View Post
I’m interested in this plugin. I currently play midi into NI Scarbee basses.

Can anyone comment on how good this is playing 70’s and 80’s style Soul, R n B and Funk basses? Both the sound and articulations? I’m not concerned about pre amps or cab sounds as I have that covered the UAD Ampex and Eden plugins.

Also any Logic users, are you able to drag or import midi into EZBASS? Ideally I want to record the midi using Komplete Kontrol (for the scale guide) and then edit the articulations in EZBASS.
The sounds available in EZB are pretty solid IMO and also take external effects well so there should be a good variety of what it can achieve. Though I expect additional specific genres will be added by Toontrack very soon. I find the articulations pretty good so far and am using their grooves to explore how to better learn to get the best use from EZB. I'm finding I am currently editing within EZB mostly (rather than within my DAW which I typically do) for editing notes & articulations but I'm certainly finding it quite inspiring to work with for songwriting.
I can't help with the Logic drag & drop question as I'm on Studio One (which does not drag & drop unfortunately but is not too significant an issue).

Quote:
Originally Posted by dickiefunk View Post
Is it possible to change which pickup you are using on this library?
There are separate volume controls for both bridge & neck pickups so you can blend or isolate both pickups.
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by JfromRVA View Post
The Multi-Out function opens up so many possibilities as well. I can add some drive to the sub-bass or filter off a ton of lows and add FX to make the mids bite through an amp sim. Using Waves Bass Rider on the Sub to lock it in place so there is never a 'drop' out in soooo butter. Just excellent results everytime. Ezbass is incredible.
Just found out about this the other day. Excellent feature. Treating the DI & sub separately is going to be fun.

Quote:
The ik are great also , you get a lot more variety of tones with ik , thks to tweakabilty and pedals ....PA according yo some is closer to the real thing , in both cases you re good imho ....
I grabbed the PA SVT-VR today. The B-15N and Softube Eden will round out my arsenal soon.
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by morelia View Post
Anyone know the best price for EZBass. Not saying it isn't worth it but I just want the best deal I can find.
I bought it from here for 130 usd:

https://www.dlxmusic.se/produkter/st...ontrack-ezbass

Could be cheaper since i am living in Sweden and it's a swedish reseller? Toontrack has the same price on their site.
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Guru

Quote:
Just found out about this the other day. Excellent feature. Treating the DI & sub separately is going to be fun.

I grabbed the PA SVT-VR today. The B-15N and Softube Eden will round out my arsenal soon.
Eden is a beast imho , just it's hard to make it distord , but for round beautyfull bass , eden and darkglass are killer ....

Amp Room Di is also superb , basically i made a preset that have the di in pâralelle with amp , crossover for medium and high end goes in amps for distortion blending , add tape at the ednd of the chain and room : bingo !!!

But man that cpu hit !!!

The svt vr is the one to get on pa , , i would say the V4B is more precise and less 300 hz heavy , but you lose that body on lolows ... and the svt pro is to tiny (but solid)

Anyway all this to say that ez bass di + external amp is the way to go imho !!
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Regarding the multi-out option, might there be mixer settings I'm overlooking? In Studio One, EZbass has 3 additional outputs to abailable, but the amped output routes to the main plugin, with the DI and sub routed to 2 of the 3 additional outputs. The 3rd output is unused.

Is it possible to route the amped signal to one of the 3 additional outputs?

Quote:
Eden is a beast imho , just it's hard to make it distord , but for round beautyfull bass , eden and darkglass are killer ....

Amp Room Di is also superb , basically i made a preset that have the di in pâralelle with amp , crossover for medium and high end goes in amps for distortion blending , add tape at the ednd of the chain and room : bingo !!!

But man that cpu hit !!!

The svt vr is the one to get on pa , , i would say the V4B is more precise and less 300 hz heavy , but you lose that body on lolows ... and the svt pro is to tiny (but solid)

Anyway all this to say that ez bass di + external amp is the way to go imho !!
Yeah, Eden might be my favorite from what I've heard. A clean, round, deep sound is my go to. Despite it being on sale currently, I'm wondering if a better price is possible with codes I've seen referenced here.

Yeah, Amp Room sounds cool, but I did imagine the CPU hit being heavy. And it might be overkill for my current needs.

I got the SVT-VR for its versatility. Classic bass tones.

Does Neural DSP do sales? I hadn't heard of them until your mention.
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by La Mato View Post
I bought it from here for 130 usd:

https://www.dlxmusic.se/produkter/st...ontrack-ezbass

Could be cheaper since i am living in Sweden and it's a swedish reseller? Toontrack has the same price on their site.
Thanks for the link. Unfortunately I can't seem to work out what I would be paying as there are no USD sites.
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by morelia View Post
Thanks for the link. Unfortunately I can't seem to work out what I would be paying as there are no USD sites.
https://m.thomannmusic.com/toontrack...rch_prv_ez_2_6
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Guru

Quote:
Regarding the multi-out option, might there be mixer settings I'm overlooking? In Studio One, EZbass has 3 additional outputs to abailable, but the amped output routes to the main plugin, with the DI and sub routed to 2 of the 3 additional outputs. The 3rd output is unused.

Is it possible to route the amped signal to one of the 3 additional outputs?

Yeah, Eden might be my favorite from what I've heard. A clean, round, deep sound is my go to. Despite it being on sale currently, I'm wondering if a better price is possible with codes I've seen referenced here.

Yeah, Amp Room sounds cool, but I did imagine the CPU hit being heavy. And it might be overkill for my current needs.

I got the SVT-VR for its versatility. Classic bass tones.

Does Neural DSP do sales? I hadn't heard of them until your mention.
Yep neural does sales from time to time up to 40 to 50 % (actually on one stuff)
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Nut

Quote:
Cool, thanks for the link.
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by don1thedon View Post
There are separate volume controls for both bridge & neck pickups so you can blend or isolate both pickups.
Great. I'm interested to hear what sort of slap tones you can get out of this by changing the pickups.
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

I've been told that the Vintage Bass doesn't have any slap/pop articulations?? This is a real shame for me as my favourite slap tone comes from vintage Fender Jazz basses.
I wonder if there are any plans to add these articulations to the Vintage Bass at some point? If they added this EzBass would be an instant buy for me!
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Nut

Don't worry, there will be 1,000,000,000 EZBass packs
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Club Foot View Post
Don't worry, there will be 1,000,000,000 EZBass packs
yes true but EzBass does feel a little incompletewith the slap and pop articulations missing on one of the basses??
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

I had been waiting for the Orange Tree group buy to grab their J & P style basses. Toontrack's sounds good enough that I'll likely pass on OTS's Jbass. But now I'm wondering if I should wait for Toontrack's Pbass, hoping it'll be a 5-string.

Quote:
The B-15N finally went on sale. 2 down, one to go. I'm still a bit leery grabbing Eden knowing some got it for so much less than the current sale. The Ampegs may have to due for now. And I have PA's Bassdude, but more for guitars.

Quote:
I wish we had a BIT more control over this. I find I want 2 di channels (1 to add 3rd party amp sim to) and the sub.

And can anyone confirm that when selecting the di preset with multi-out enabled that those are 2 di channels I hear? They both sound like di signals, but one is louder.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
I wish we had a BIT more control over this. I find I want 2 di channels (1 to add 3rd party amp sim to) and the sub.

And can anyone confirm that when selecting the di preset with multi-out enabled that those are 2 di channels I hear? They both sound like di signals, but one is louder.
I can route the DI to as many tracks as I want in Reaper. Just route the DI to a track and then create multiple tracks and send the DI signal. I'm sure you can do the same in your DAW?
Old 6 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
I can route the DI to as many tracks as I want in Reaper. Just route the DI to a track and then create multiple tracks and send the DI signal. I'm sure you can do the same in your DAW?
If you mean via busses, yes. But it's more trouble to bounce that to audio. With 2 channels from the VI, I can get 2 di audio channels in 1 step.

If you mean directing the di to other channels in my DAW, directly from the VI, Studio doesn't do that to my knowledge. I'm hoping someone can instruct me otherwise, because I have a drum VI with similar, limited multi-out options and end up with separate channels for each of 3 hi-hat articulations, for example.
Old 6 days ago
Gear Head
DEMO please?
📝 Reply
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
🖨️ Show Printable Version
✉️ Email this Page
🔍 Search thread
♾️ Similar Threads
🎙️ View mentioned gear