The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Acustica Audio releases Pink4: including new EQ w/ Line Preamps + Core15
Old 1 week ago
Gear Maniac

Acustica Audio releases Pink4: including new EQ w/ Line Preamps + Core15

Product: Pink4
Developer: Acustica Audio
Price (MSRP): Introductory price - 69.00€ [Reg. 199.00€] - Save 65% OFF - For the first four weeks after release or until first official version is released.
Plug-in Format(s): VST, AU, AAX
System Requirements (Windows): Windows 10
System Requirements (OSX): OSX 10.14
Pink4 web-page: http://www.acustica-audio.com/store/products/pink
Pink4 User's manual: https://app.box.com/shared/static/vi...i18kx64m07.pdf

Pink4 is a VST/AAX/AU plug-in suite based on a collection of well known late 60s American studio gear that is still being used by engineers all around the world. With 6 different EQ models, a super flexible dynamic section - comprising a single band and a multiband compressor, plus a complete collection of preamps emulations including also an entire preamp section derived from an iconic console made up of 16 different Line channels with extra 9 Custom preamps - you can have a comprehensive set of tools for your in-the-box studio that can rival analog setups costing up to several thousands of dollars.

Details

PINK4 is a bundle consisting of 6 different plug-ins:

PINK4 215 - Preamp module with 8 different circuit distortion models

PINK4 780 - 10-band graphic EQ

PINK4 1650 - 4-band EQ module with 5 selectable per band models plus a new preamp section with 16 Line and 9 Custom emulations.

PINK4 2412 - Single band compressor

PINK4 7236 - Multiband compressor

PINK4 Channel Strip - Full channel strip with EQ, compressors and preamp options

CORE 15

Pink4 suite features our latest core engine technology which now includes*EHR™ - Enhanced Harmonic Response Technology, and Dynamic Routing™!

How to try a plugin: TRIAL MODE

- Create a user account (if you do not have one yet) on our website
- Download and Install Aquarius, our products manager, for either Mac or PC
- Type the product name in the 'search' field inside Aquarius to find the '(trial)' version of the product, then click on the thumbnail or on the 'Install' button. This will take you to the product page (the trial version of a product is also visible in the 'related products' section on the right)
- Select the right plugin format according to the DAW you are using and click 'Install'
- Aquarius will download, install,and authorise the trial product automatically
- Run your DAW. You're set!

Please note:

- For details about installation/authorization please refer to the following page: Acustica Audio - Professional Audio Software - Acustica Audio
- New Line Preamplifiers + New Eq model E RN Value (Residual Noise - with All active) = -∞ dB RN = Truncated IR tail level. Normally coincides with the noise floor of the sampled devices.
- Available sample rates: 96 - 44.1 - 48 - 88.2 kHz
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Unexpected update. Thank you!
What is the new equalization and its preamps based on?
Old 1 week ago
How is it with Protools ?

Are we still getting the Christmas tree CPU meters ?
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear

Just wow! And thanks... update policy for those who already own your plugs is outstanding considering the features added each time and also the big deals you cointinuosly promote! Thanks for everything
Old 1 week ago
Company Rep

Pink4 Preamplifier Section Demo / Analog summing effect

Old 1 week ago
Gear Maniac
FFS €150 I paid for this in Nov 2018, are the prices just getting pushed down lower and lower? Feel like a bit of a mug tbh but free lifetime updates are sweet.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobMaloogalooga View Post
FFS €150 I paid for this in Nov 2018, are the prices just getting pushed down lower and lower? Feel like a bit of a mug tbh but free lifetime updates are sweet.
Do not worry about that, I am one of those users who paid more for products when there were not so many offers, but I am also one of the users who has a 40% discount and buys new cheaper products.

In summary, if you have spent more, you will have more discount, the users who now begin to buy plugins and spend less, will not have as easy to reach the discounts that those who have spent more have, the game is compensated.
Old 1 week ago
Thanks for the update AA! This is wonderful.

Here's some of my initial findings:
I'm reporting usage that is a touch less than half as much as the previous version. That's a huge help.

Lots of preamps to consider and test: EQ has 16 line pres and 9 custom pres - it will take a while to comb through that many options.

The EQ has a m/s feature. VERY handy to not have to reach for a utility plugin.

I'll dig into the compressor later today.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Maniac
Quote:
Originally Posted by denork View Post
Do not worry about that, I am one of those users who paid more for products when there were not so many offers, but I am also one of the users who has a 40% discount and buys new cheaper products.

In summary, if you have spent more, you will have more discount, the users who now begin to buy plugins and spend less, will not have as easy to reach the discounts that those who have spent more have, the game is compensated.
Actually as prices have come down so much I can’t get my loyalty coupons to the next level any more, have been on same tier forever haha but yeah at least prices are cheap now I guess
Old 1 week ago
Gear Nut
This is not the 2500 comp is it?
Old 1 week ago
Gear Nut

Awesome update! Downloading
Old 1 week ago
Gear Nut

interested in the inevitable trackcomp shootout..
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Thanks AA for the update.

Updateing ... 9GB is alot
Old 1 week ago
Gear Nut

I am very curious! Today I bought Lunchpail of Cupwise FX which is really awesome! Going to upgrade pink and see which one stands out more!!
Old 1 week ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by mvd83 View Post
I am very curious! Today I bought Lunchpail of Cupwise FX which is really awesome! Going to upgrade pink and see which one stands out more!!
If/when you do that, I'd love to hear your thoughts.
Old 1 week ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by scandal View Post
This is not the 2500 comp is it?
Yes, mostly.
General thoughts about the standalone comp are that it's the 2500 with some modified crossover filters such as those with the TubeTech SMC 2B and Masalec MLA 3/4, along with Acustica's own thoughts on the subject.

See the https://justpaste.it/acusticaaudioacquamasterlist for more details on the products.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Maniac

With the Line preamps added, would a "historically correct" workflow entail using both the Mic pre from the standalone module and the Line pre from the EQ? Or does the Line pre "include" the mic pre?
Old 1 week ago
Gear Maniac
9gb download, anyone know if I can download at home and copy the stage area across to my studio computer that’s on a metered connection (my phone)?
Old 1 week ago
Gear Maniac

That intro price for what you get is absolutely mad! And then to think I could buy it 50% of with my coupon? Thanks Acustica

Anyway I own this thing since Pink1 and Pink 4 2412 compressor is now finally in a place where I can say this will not leave my drum buss in the future. The Pink1 EQ has been on my guitar buss since 2016 and every subsequent Pink version only made it better.

If you want to try it out: Try a Neve 1081 emulation (Gold 3 comes to mind) into this compressor. The compressor adds lovely punch while the 1081 fattens it up without making it mushy. Very nice!

Also: Very nice that the manual recommends -18dBFS = 0VU as the right input level. Can we please have this reference level across the range?

I said it before: You could be ahead of the curve if you had an input level detection knob that when turned on measures the input level and then auto adjusts the input trim for -18dbfs. Would be great to see going forward
Old 1 week ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpanderson80 View Post
Here's some of my initial findings:
I'm reporting usage that is a touch less than half as much as the previous version. That's a huge help
It’s using the same amount of CPU here.. On mac mojave logic 10.4.8. Maybe computer processor / cpu type issue
Old 1 week ago
Gear Head

Anyone knows what is the new eq and what is the console behind line and custom?
Old 6 days ago
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobMaloogalooga View Post
9gb download, anyone know if I can download at home and copy the stage area across to my studio computer that’s on a metered connection (my phone)?
Have not tried this specific scenario, but as long as the downloaded files are in the correct directory int the Aquarius staging area, this should work without issue.

I have an ongoing situation where Aquarius will not download anything. All I get is a generic dialog with a very unhelpful 'Download error' message. To get around this, I let it fail over and over and over again but I copy the link to the file as shown in the Aquarius log file directly from dropbox and download it using my browser to the staging area. At the end of my pain, it installs correctly.
Old 6 days ago
Gear Addict

My favorite plugin got a facelift!

Thank you!

Resource efficiency improvements mean a lot to many of us.

Old 6 days ago
Company Rep

Exclamation PINK4 Update

May 19, 2020

Pink4
Fix: Version K008: PINK4PEQ GUI fix.
Version K009: PINK4EQ PRE ON/OFF spike fix.

https://www.acustica-audio.com/pages/changes
Old 6 days ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcusticaCM View Post
May 19, 2020

Pink4
Fix: Version K008: PINK4PEQ GUI fix.
Version K009: PINK4EQ PRE ON/OFF spike fix.

https://www.acustica-audio.com/pages/changes
Is it possible to get just this fix as an update..?

Right now I have to download the entire 9gb version to update...

Thanks,
LC
Old 6 days ago
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by lclyman View Post

Thanks,
LC
Did you erase your stage area ? cause i've just downloaded 5mo.
Old 6 days ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6ixcore View Post
Anyone knows what is the new eq and what is the console behind line and custom?
Sound Workshop
I love the heft and beef that it brings. Custom preamp 9 is also from this console.
Old 6 days ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by William Rigout View Post
Did you erase your stage area ? cause i've just downloaded 5mo.
I always do...otherwise I'm holding on to twice the size of the already massive files..

Thanks,
LC
Old 6 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by lclyman View Post

Thanks,
LC
It's an update
Old 6 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by sloansimpson View Post
With the Line preamps added, would a "historically correct" workflow entail using both the Mic pre from the standalone module and the Line pre from the EQ? Or does the Line pre "include" the mic pre?
Great question.

If you do mic pre and line in, it would be equivalent to recording and mixing with an ehh pee eye console.

Line in only would be mixing only. Recorded with what ever real world mic preamp you used.

So if you used an api mic pre in real life, don't use the plug-in version of it. Line in only.

Then again, an api lunchbox preamp may sound different than one used within a console strip. That said, mic pre plugin = more saturation than line in.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search