The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Acustica Audio releases Pink4: including new EQ w/ Line Preamps + Core15
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

This happened before to me. If you save a DAW preset or recall a session during the early access period things can go hay wire.

I had all the preamp names meticulously saved and then bam acustica released an update.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

In aquarius you can quickly go back and forth of version, so if you have a problem it shouldn't be difficult to get things back in place. We are reviewing a massive update of the core16 , but there may be a slowdown due to some (few) reports we received with Pink. In fact, we may also have a slower transition, releasing optimizations slowly, a way to have time to understand and solve some problems without haste.

We've seen that Erin is quite stable, Pink has had more problems but this is also a test bench.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by doom64 View Post
This happened before to me. If you save a DAW preset or recall a session during the early access period things can go hay wire.

I had all the preamp names meticulously saved and then bam acustica released an update.
I like my Acqua presets controlled by Reaper because it's ergonomic to get to but also they 3/4 times will re-import the saved presets when an Acqua is upgraded and get me in the ball park - - - if I ever get fully moved and avoid the pandemic!
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyM View Post
I like my Acqua presets controlled by Reaper because it's ergonomic to get to but also they 3/4 times will re-import the saved presets when an Acqua is upgraded and get me in the ball park - - - if I ever get fully moved and avoid the pandemic!
You'll know pretty fast if something got borked.

I'm actually considering not upgrading previously purchased acquas after this year for stable recall purposes. I'm very happy with all of the Acustica colors in my crayon box...so unless something VERY significant comes out, Core 15 and previous will be it for me.
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear
Just bought Pink 4 after using the trial version mix bus compressor on a rock mix. Damn! Way better than the Waves 2500 comp which is mushy by comparison. I dont think I could do a rock song without it now.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by mardyMcFly View Post
Just bought Pink 4 after using the trial version mix bus compressor on a rock mix. Damn! Way better than the Waves 2500 comp which is mushy by comparison. I dont think I could do a rock song without it now.
But...but... according to GRAMMY winning music producers and enguneers, Waves plugins sound the same as hardware!
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by doom64 View Post
You'll know pretty fast if something got borked.

I'm actually considering not upgrading previously purchased acquas after this year for stable recall purposes. I'm very happy with all of the Acustica colors in my crayon box...so unless something VERY significant comes out, Core 15 and previous will be it for me.
This update is essential for residual noise (echo bug) paladins. The tail now has a fade of a few ms which technically cancels it. The noise of some samples can create a maximum level difference of 50dB, which corresponds to about -150dB. Tail truncation, on the other hand, caused a typical difference in level of 110dB, bringing the residual to about -90dB (example, Pink4). Due to typical audio operations this level was further reduced, bringing the artifacts into the audible area for some particular samples (e.g. -50dB). Consider that in some of our products the noise is extremely low, for example Pink's latest preamps have a maximum difference in level of 30dB, so a noise of about -170dB.

If that was a problem for you this update should make you happy. Personally I've never had a problem with it, but it's definitely an update that improves the final quality by 5-10%, especially in the low frequencies and for some genres. The number I give you is my qualitative perception, as I perceive the improvement, so a completely subjective value.

In view of the growing concerns we have done this update for all commercial products, including N4 and M4 (here we have not updated the plugins, but the server does the calculation).

Then do as you like, I advise caution, and if something goes wrong downgrade to the previous version. Before updating, write down the current version, so you don't take risks and you can go back to the starting point at any time.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

That's awesome, so this will be effectively the end of the "Echo Bug" saga? A lot of people have been annoyed by your apparent unwillingness to address it. I hope you can win them back.

In the meantime I am going to hold off updating Pink4 until all the kinks are ironed out.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by MogwaiBoy View Post
That's awesome, so this will be effectively the end of the "Echo Bug" saga? A lot of people have been annoyed by your apparent unwillingness to address it. I hope you can win them back.

In the meantime I am going to hold off updating Pink4 until all the kinks are ironed out.
Apparent
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaphod View Post
Apparent
Yes or maybe I should have said 'alleged' as it is open to one's own subjectivity/interpretation.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

This is the problem of modern society, one "presumes" to know what others think, what others want and gets an idea. It is a problem of confirmation bias, and it doesn't matter what one says because others will want to see a result of their requests right away. The problem with commercial companies is that you can't plan or design a change at random, but it has to be handled in a structured way, so even the most reasonable request takes time at best. To complicate things, in some areas companies are so small that they seem to have a faster response. If I was alone, I still had a single plugin, few users, few measured requests and a low number of suggestions I could be faster. If you make even a very reasonable request to Tesla, you'll probably have to wait longer, because the amount of different requests is simply higher, and you need decent planning to fix things without doing any damage.

One very important point then is the impact of a change: if you have a few users and they ask for a change, it makes sense to intervene right away because the survival of the company depends on this handful of initial customers. If you ask Tesla for a change they don't really have the urgency to change everything in a hurry, because they already have customers, they already have a process in place. A larger company sometimes already has major changes going on, and sometimes those changes have a high priority, while the user only sees his or her problem and doesn't understand why companies are not moving in his or her direction. But he is not alone, he is part of a larger user group and everyone is asking for different things. If you were to see GS then here you ask things that are not really the same things that come to us by ticket, or by message, or even in our facebook group. Sometimes there are some intersections, but each group seems to have different priorities.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaphod View Post
This update is essential for residual noise (echo bug) paladins. The tail now has a fade of a few ms which technically cancels it. The noise of some samples can create a maximum level difference of 50dB, which corresponds to about -150dB. Tail truncation, on the other hand, caused a typical difference in level of 110dB, bringing the residual to about -90dB (example, Pink4). Due to typical audio operations this level was further reduced, bringing the artifacts into the audible area for some particular samples (e.g. -50dB). Consider that in some of our products the noise is extremely low, for example Pink's latest preamps have a maximum difference in level of 30dB, so a noise of about -170dB.

If that was a problem for you this update should make you happy. Personally I've never had a problem with it, but it's definitely an update that improves the final quality by 5-10%, especially in the low frequencies and for some genres. The number I give you is my qualitative perception, as I perceive the improvement, so a completely subjective value.

In view of the growing concerns we have done this update for all commercial products, including N4 and M4 (here we have not updated the plugins, but the server does the calculation).

Then do as you like, I advise caution, and if something goes wrong downgrade to the previous version. Before updating, write down the current version, so you don't take risks and you can go back to the starting point at any time.
We're good now, Giancarlo. This was back during pink 3's release
Old 1 week ago
Gear Head
Hi Acustica,
could you include a "move to"option in aquarius to move installed acquas to another drive so we don't have to uninstall them from C drive, change the path in aquarius setting and reinstalled it to X drive (and before potentionnally have to redownload many gbs of files if we have purged the stage area)? It would be very helpful.

For the story when i wanted to upgrage to pink4, i changed the path to another hdd drive "F" because my default ssd "C" drive is full. I didn't know that pink3 and pink4 shared the same files, so it was the 2 that was installed there (after downloading 9 or 10gb of files!). Now i have doubled pink3 files with the previous installation in my default ssd "C" drive. For the moment i did not take the risk of trying to uninstall pink3 from "C". In my test pink4 (i've not use it in a full project for the moment) was running as smooth as pink3 so i conclude that my hdd is fast enough to get acquas installed in it. So i planned to move all my acqua in that drive. Many of them are not updated to the lastest releases and i don't want to take the risk of uninstalling them as they are working fine. And how do i uninstalled pink3 (vst) properly from C? Do i have to reenter the original path in acquarius setting to point out "C" to get it uninstalled without touching the installation on "F"? That very confusing right?
Old 1 week ago
Company Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inge View Post
Hi Acustica,
could you include a "move to"option in aquarius to move installed acquas to another drive so we don't have to uninstall them from C drive, change the path in aquarius setting and reinstalled it to X drive (and before potentionnally have to redownload many gbs of files if we have purged the stage area)? It would be very helpful.

For the story when i wanted to upgrage to pink4, i changed the path to another hdd drive "F" because my default ssd "C" drive is full. I didn't know that pink3 and pink4 shared the same files, so it was the 2 that was installed there (after downloading 9 or 10gb of files!). Now i have doubled pink3 files with the previous installation in my default ssd "C" drive. For the moment i did not take the risk of trying to uninstall pink3 from "C". In my test pink4 (i've not use it in a full project for the moment) was running as smooth as pink3 so i conclude that my hdd is fast enough to get acquas installed in it. So i planned to move all my acqua in that drive. Many of them are not updated to the lastest releases and i don't want to take the risk of uninstalling them as they are working fine. And how do i uninstalled pink3 (vst) properly from C? Do i have to reenter the original path in acquarius setting to point out "C" to get it uninstalled without touching the installation on "F"? That very confusing right?
Hello Inge! I forwarded your request to our Aquarius ninja. Thank you!
Old 1 week ago
Gear Head
Hi AcusticaCm,
you're welcomed and thank you, will be great if this could be implemented !
Old 6 days ago
Gear Head
Quote:
Originally Posted by valy View Post
Strange, but thanks for the hint. I just reinstantiated it and dialed in my settings and it seems to be working for now. Hopefully just a temporary glitch...
Same thing happen to me when installing Amber3, all my old libraries stop working, the Tech in my said "Lets just restart the computer, it's a good measure whenever you install anything, that writes to the registry & System folders".

I tried what you did in the past, you one lucky winner, i reinstantiated, did a mix, saved it reopened it and it went back to stock setting.

Luckily i save my settings via Automation (Yup even static ones).
Old 6 days ago
Gear Head
Quote:
Hi Acustica,

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcusticaCM View Post
Hello Inge! I forwarded your request to our Aquarius ninja. Thank you!
Aquarius is very flexible, as long as you are telling it what you are upto, for example;

1.I copy all my libraries from my C: Drive (To an NVME drive in the same folder Named Aqua Plugins) once I confirm all files made it safely, then I delete it from my C: Drive (You should never move files from one hdd or ssd to another without a UPS and even then I wouldnt do it.)

2.Open Aquarius and change the location

3.Open my DAW and update the plugin database, in which it will update the location of the .dlls & libraries (Haven't tested VST3 yet)

4.Voila

P.s Dont not leave these Libraries in two locations.
Old 6 days ago
Gear Head
Thanks, but there are many types of files that are been installed with acquas and it's not always easy to know what are the good files to copy. It would be more safe to have a "move to" option to move all the files to another location so we don't risk of srewing up things. Acquarius is doing only what it is programmed for. If you succefully move your files on another location by copying them manually i don't think you need to change location in aquarius because the location path there is for installations though.
Old 6 days ago
Gear Head
App

Quote:
If you succefully move your files on another location by copying them manually i don't think you need to change location in aquarius because the location path there is for installations though.
The Location is very important for updates and new libraries, the Stage Area is what I believe your talking about.

Your Welcome.

Last edited by Mr.vybz; 6 days ago at 07:11 AM.. Reason: Spelling.
Old 6 days ago
Gear Head
Thanks for theses informations, i'm talking about the vst path precisely
Old 5 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
It would be more safe to have a "move to" option to move all the files to another location so we don't risk of srewing up things.
That would be awesome!
📝 Reply
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
🖨️ Show Printable Version
✉️ Email this Page
🔍 Search thread
♾️ Similar Threads
🎙️ View mentioned gear