The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Acustica Audio releases Pink4: including new EQ w/ Line Preamps + Core15
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Downloaded and re-installed without un-installing and everything seems to
be working.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Nut

On the latest project iv been working on a 80s synth and drum machine thing. I decided to use this for the more traditional work flow preamp, tape to line input.
The custom 9 pre and E eq ( D eq is real nice to) combined with UAD studer and all the different line inputs (this is where I had a real moment) have been perfect for this project giving me more of that Blade Runner sound. Haven't had the chance to try out the new pre and eq on other sources but for now Im digging the old school sound of this. I haven't done a lot of mixes with Pink because it so cpu intensive however when the patience is there to render all the tracks Ive always been happy with those mixes.

If anyone knows I'd really like to know what C9 and E eq were sampled from? Q8? Electrodine?
Old 1 week ago
Gear Head

love the plugin!! but the manual not so much, not understanding the filters could have been written better. im assuming tilt mode is talking about the filters starting from left to right with the flat position in the middle is this correct
Old 1 week ago
Company Rep

PINK4 Update

May 22, 2020

Pink4
Fix: Version K0010: - PINK4EQ Custom Pre 9 fixed; PINK42412 Pre, PINK47236 fixed (behaviour of the volume attenuation control when the preamplifier is activated has been corrected).

Fix: PINK4 (Trial) A003 - PINK4EQ Custom Pre 9 fixed; PINK42412 Pre, PINK47236 fixed (behaviour of the volume attenuation control when the preamplifier is activated has been corrected).

https://www.acustica-audio.com/pages/changes
Old 1 week ago
Gear Maniac

Is the K010 the same or different from yesterdays update? Mine isn't showing an update for today with K0010.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Speaker correction software like Sonarworks Reference
+ decent speakers
+ Pink
+ Access Analog or MixAnalog hardware compressors/saturation
+ IK Tape Machines
+ Acustica Sand.

Get it all sounding as good as you can in mono, dry. AKA no reverb or stereo panning. It is much easier to work on frequency clashes this way. After all, this is how old music was mixed...mono first.

Then take your pick of reverb and delay plug-ins.
Use stereo panning and nail the final level balances.
Automation to finish it off, of course.

Then mix it all down with a final round of analog hardware mix buss compression on Access Analog and maybe a real tape machine on MixAnalog.

If you know what you are doing, your mixes will sound not much different or the same compared to the famous engineers. All for less money than those guys spent.
Old 1 week ago
Company Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrizzie View Post
Is the K010 the same or different from yesterdays update? Mine isn't showing an update for today with K0010.
The update was available yesterday but added officially to release notes today.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcusticaCM View Post
May 22, 2020

Pink4
Fix: Version K0010: - PINK4EQ Custom Pre 9 fixed; PINK42412 Pre, PINK47236 fixed (behaviour of the volume attenuation control when the preamplifier is activated has been corrected).

Fix: PINK4 (Trial) A003 - PINK4EQ Custom Pre 9 fixed; PINK42412 Pre, PINK47236 fixed (behaviour of the volume attenuation control when the preamplifier is activated has been corrected).

https://www.acustica-audio.com/pages/changes
What was wrong with pre 9?
Old 1 week ago
Company Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Tummond View Post
What was wrong with pre 9?
A small frequency bump that was reported and replicated by our support.
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by doom64 View Post
Speaker correction software like Sonarworks Reference
+ decent speakers
+ Pink
+ Access Analog or MixAnalog hardware compressors/saturation
+ IK Tape Machines
+ Acustica Sand.
crazy, this is almost exactly what i do - except i don’t have ik tape and use acustica taupe instead
acustica for mixing (mono) > access analog on groups + mastering > mixanalog tape machine + bettermaker (clipper only)
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear

first off, i just wanted to say that this entire suite is amazing. the compressor is incredible, i own 6 other acustica products but this one is definitely my favorite.

however, i am still getting a lot of echo with Pink4 and pensado eq. is this ‘bug’ something that can be fixed in future updates, or is it inherent with the technology?
i can get around it by resampling kicks but it’s a lot more challenging with bass (although i haven’t checked for it on bass, only kick)
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by blinker View Post
crazy, this is almost exactly what i do - except i don’t have ik tape and use acustica taupe instead
acustica for mixing (mono) > access analog on groups + mastering > mixanalog tape machine + bettermaker (clipper only)
Sounds really damn good, doesn't it?

Those wealthy mainstream music mixing engineers were so lucky to physically own this equipment all these years. Once I ran every single track through MixAnalog's Studer tape machine. Synching was "fun" but it did give an interesting vibe. IK's sounds close enough for me on the Revox machine though...

And yes, this workflow is not for the faint of heart/tight deadlines. If you have little patience you will not like it at all. Which is why I don't mix that way and tell customers upfront that I prefer to give their music the long massage to musical nirvana instead of a quickie!

Thanks for bringing that up. I always forget about the Bettermaker Limiter! I usually choose Kazrog KClip but yes sometimes an analog clipper can do the trick. I'm going to try just groups and the mix buss through the analog gear in the future.

On the occasion I'm doing mastering (not my specialty so I usually decline unless a customer insists) then it's Acustica Magenta, Scarlet and the real Manley Labs Variable Mu compressor into one final round of the LTL Silver Bullet (API only mode).

Sometimes I actually REALLY like Pink's 10-band program equalizer during mastering, particularly for rock or pop tracks. Good times!

Last edited by doom64; 1 week ago at 08:51 AM..
Old 1 week ago
Company Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by blinker View Post
first off, i just wanted to say that this entire suite is amazing. the compressor is incredible, i own 6 other acustica products but this one is definitely my favorite.

however, i am still getting a lot of echo with Pink4 and pensado eq. is this ‘bug’ something that can be fixed in future updates, or is it inherent with the technology?
i can get around it by resampling kicks but it’s a lot more challenging with bass (although i haven’t checked for it on bass, only kick)
Hi blinker! If you see (or hear) anything strange in the behavior of the product, I would recommend you to open a ticket to our support providing the most amount of info possible about the issue.
Kind regards.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Acustica please add an option into Aquarius to either install ZL files or not. I never use them and many like me.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by M Albazy View Post
Acustica please add an option into Aquarius to either install ZL files or not. I never use them and many like me.
This. A .dll choice in general would be great. I don't use the dynamic compressor or channel strip...ever...as an example.
Old 1 week ago
Shady company, I'm ashamed I even paid for 3* (edited for accuracy) of their products.

A "new" product every 2 months, "new" core XX tech, new version, new price. Swindling snake oil salesman. The IR sounds amazing until it comes time to turn knobs and actually work uninterrupted; instead you get stutters or glitches.

Beware friends

Last edited by Rasi; 1 week ago at 12:23 AM..
Old 1 week ago
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasi View Post
Shady company, I'm ashamed I even paid for 4 of their products.

A "new" product every 2 months, "new" core XX tech, new version, new price. Swindling snake oil salesman. The IR sounds amazing until it comes time to turn knobs and actually work uninterrupted; instead you get stutters or glitches.

Beware friends

That is your opinion, I guess.

I have a 7 year old i7-4770k and I have no such issues, especially while using the plugins sensibly.

You either, A) have a very slow/old machine, or B) aren't using the plugins as they are meant to be used, or C) unwilling to get the most out of Acustica's plugins due to an unwillingness to make some adjustments on how to incorporate them into your work.

For me, and others, I do whatever is needed in order to apply the acustica-tech into my projects. I'm now at the point where I could not do without them.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Shady company, I'm ashamed I even paid for 3* (edited for accuracy) of their products.

Beware friends
They work fine on my machine, but thanks for the warning.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:

Beware friends
I thought to myself: Dave Pensado and Greg Wells.

You know, I have no problem running Nebula nor Acqua. I have two main computers that are both 11 year-old quadcores, 8GB RAM, and these run really well.

I also joined Acustica the first day the sun rose and was beta tester until my heart couldn't take it. I know the people who work and volunteer are the furthest thing from snake oil salesman. They've got some of the best ears in the world or this wouldn't fly at all, would it?

Were you there when CUDA was being used to overcome a lot of the GUI and processing problems? It didn't take off, but I'm sure it led to the code evolving more efficiently.

Look if there's bottle necks with your computer(s) let's take a look and see if you can optimize it a little better.

Believe me, with 11 year-old computers I know exactly what Acustica stuff can do and it's worth a hard learning curve.

I really wish you'd reconsider what you're calling people Rasi and walk a mile in their shoes.
Old 1 week ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyM View Post
I thought to myself: Dave Pensado and Greg Wells.
And I immediately thought of this clip. Trusty ol' Dave would never shill

Greg Wells, well.. He is literally partnered with the company in selling their products.

To those claiming I ought to be technically incompetent or on old hardware, I run a 2019 mac pro, and I've been doing audio long enough to know when something meets the mark for MY OWN definition of "reliable" or "useful". Acustica dramatically misses that mark. It sounds cool and works well if you're just ****ing around, I'll admit that much.

No need for a flame war. Just putting my 2 cents in after seeing Acustica style marketing again on the front page. It's their specific style or something that gets me every time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyM View Post
Were you there when CUDA was being used to overcome a lot of the GUI and processing problems? It didn't take off, but I'm sure it led to the code evolving more efficiently.
Yes, I have plenty of time spent on Nebula since 2012. CUDA was one area where I really hoped they would push the envelope instead of sinking lower into paid hype and marketing gimmicks. Oh well.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
And I immediately thought of this clip. Trusty ol' Dave would never shill

Greg Wells, well.. He is literally partnered with the company in selling their products.

To those claiming I ought to be technically incompetent or on old hardware, I run a 2019 mac pro, and I've been doing audio long enough to know when something meets the mark for MY OWN definition of "reliable" or "useful". Acustica dramatically misses that mark. It sounds cool and works well if you're just ****ing around, I'll admit that much.

No need for a flame war. Just putting my 2 cents in after seeing Acustica style marketing again on the front page. It's their specific style or something that gets me every time.

Yes, I have plenty of time spent on Nebula since 2012. CUDA was one area where I really hoped they would push the envelope instead of sinking lower into paid hype and marketing gimmicks. Oh well.
OK see ya then.
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear

Quote:
Shady company, I'm ashamed I even paid for 3* (edited for accuracy) of their products. Beware friends
you’re tripping dude, i’ve talked to giancarlo twice at NAMM and he’s a genuine guy. three years ago he gave me a *free* product (i chose Sand) and i’m still getting free updates on it. this company is literally on the forefront of IR, their technology is still evolving - hence the core updates. i’d be more worried if they weren’t continuing to grow.

i mean dude, logically you just gotta demo a plugin and see if it works with your computer. if it doesn’t, don’t buy it and **** on the company!
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by doom64 View Post
And yes, this workflow is not for the faint of heart/tight deadlines. If you have little patience you will not like it at all.
haha, i’m with you on that one. end result it definitely worth it.
i finished my last masters on the silver bullet - no pre amp engaged i just turned on the low cut and engaged the eq circuit (settings flat). subtle but very nice.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:

Beware friends
Thanks for the heads up but I already bought all of their catalog.
Working great without serious issues.
The sound quality on their plugins is unparalleled.
Sometimes I have to freeze some tracks - I’m also using a slave computer with VEP (Vienna Ensemble Pro).
Their update policy is just marvelous and at the end of the day I could not be happier for my investigation and preference in AA products.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arionas View Post
Thanks for the heads up but I already bought all of their catalog.
Working great without serious issues.
The sound quality on their plugins is unparalleled.
Sometimes I have to freeze some tracks - I’m also using a slave computer with VEP (Vienna Ensemble Pro).
Their update policy is just marvelous and at the end of the day I could not be happier for my investigation and preference in AA products.
Identical experience here. Only negative thing I can think of is the increasing size of downloads filling up my hard drive. Though, for me, that is a worthy trade-off for quality!
Old 1 week ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by m albazy View Post
acustica please add an option into aquarius to either install zl files or not. I never use them and many like me. Kfhkh
yes please
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barncore View Post
yes please
+1000
Old 6 days ago
Gear Maniac

If you had to pick one.... Nebula4 or Pink4?
Old 6 days ago
Gear Maniac
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barncore View Post
If you had to pick one.... Nebula4 or Pink4?
Neb4 easy and then hit Tim Pethericks site as he’s got a 20% sale on and pick up as much as you can! All stellar
Old 4 days ago
Lives for gear

So, the obvioy question no one has asked yet. Why use the new equalizer over the old classics?
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search