The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Accentize "PreTube" AI-based tube preamp simulator and saturator (VST3/AU/AAX)
Old 1 week ago
Gear Head

Accentize "PreTube" AI-based tube preamp simulator and saturator (VST3/AU/AAX)

Hey,

a few days ago we released a new plugin: PreTube (www.accentize.com/PreTube).

We did not use conventional hardware modelling approaches but applied machine learning techniques to directly learn and precisely imitate the tube preamps behaviour.

As always there is a free trial version and a two week 30% off release discount.

Quote:
PreTube is a Machine-Learning based tube pre-amp emulation which will add subtle analogue saturation to your instrument or vocal recordings. The included artificial neural networks have learnt to precisely imitate the behaviour of actual high-end hardware circuits. Choose between three different amps with different characteristics to find the most suitable sound for your project. PreTube is also a valuable addition to your mastering chain to add analogue depth and warmth.

Last edited by bgraf; 1 week ago at 02:55 PM.. Reason: added video
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Interesting approach.

before I jump on the demo.....

How have you dealt with harmonics going beyond nyquist?

Is it oversampled?

Does it have any loudness matching built in?

Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

I'm really interested in this and I hope there will be a colourful discussion here on the sound this effect provides for music making.

Old 1 week ago
Gear Head

we didn't apply any of the conventional tools for this emulation. The whole hardware amp is seen as a blackbox and the entire signal modification of this blackbox is learnt by a combination of artificial neural networks. So indeed there might be happening something comparable to upsampling for taking generation of higher harmonics into account. But it is not handcrafted at all.

However, it is an interesting thought to provide an upsampling scheme as apriori knowledge during network training. Since we know that it is a useful procedure for analog modelling it might improve the accuracy a little bit more. I will investigate it further!

There is a basic loudness compensation happening. Depending on the inputsignal it might be not completly accurate. This is why there is a gain slider for finer adjustments if necessary.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Interesting. I just downloaded the demo and will report back. I have been looking for a tube emu that fit's my ear for ages, closest I've got so far ended up being a stock plug in Sequoia that was done by Sascha Eversmeier seen here...

https://www.magix.com/ca/music/essentialfx/

The 2 filters are really nice on that one.

Stay healthy and happy.

G
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

liking the sound of this after a quick play.i heard another analog model of a pre that was based on machine learning that i thought sounded a bit weird but this one gets the "spirit"of a tube pre better than most native plugins i can think of right now,which all basically just clip and almost seem to ignore the dynamics.this one definitely has some ebb&flow to it on the program material i tried it on.i think most of the complaints are likely to be is it's not very utilitarian and it colours the sound too much,but most tube pre's i have tried e.g Thermionic Culture Rooster and Vulture to name two do colour the sound a fair bit,so no complaints from me considering i'd be using this for sound design anyways
Old 1 week ago
Gear Head

No way to trial on an off line machine?
Pity, looks nice
Old 1 week ago
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dosxxx View Post
No way to trial on an off line machine?
Pity, looks nice
Unfortunately, our licensing scheme currently doesn’t allow to do offline trials.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Addict

Now this is something different. I really like the way that it never clips but adds a texture to the sound, retaining it's dynamics.

Have to test it more, but very impressed by the result, i was hoping someone would finally use machine learning for this task.
This could open up a new world.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgraf View Post
Unfortunately, our licensing scheme currently doesn’t allow to do offline trials.
It’s probably better off, I’m a sucker for saturation plugins, have too many
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

I'll be buying this for its sound design potential. Sounding really great on drum loops and bass samples.

I noticed a bug in Live 10.1, MacOS Mojave. I had the 1.5x UI enabled, I closed the plugin window and reopened and the window was the size of 1x but with the image still at 1x. Luckily it still showed the quarter of the screen where the UI sizing option is so I clicked it back down to 1x and it was fine.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by V4nger View Post
I noticed a bug in Live 10.1, MacOS Mojave. I had the 1.5x UI enabled, I closed the plugin window and reopened and the window was the size of 1x but with the image still at 1x. Luckily it still showed the quarter of the screen where the UI sizing option is so I clicked it back down to 1x and it was fine.
Thanks for the report. Some DAWs seem to have trouble with the GUI resizing sometimes. I will fix it in the next version!
Old 6 days ago
Lives for gear

Definitely purchasing this sometime this week,getting a lot of use out of it in sound design.would kill for a native model of a transformer on this level though.even my current favourite AnyTesla sounds a bit like a dodgy,static wavefolder when you push it just a tiny bit too much.this thing can do some of the extreme end of tube pre saturation quite convincgly for quite sane amounts ofCPU usage,even with HQ engaged
Old 6 days ago
Lives for gear

AI is kinda 2000s, no ?

How about QuantuMatch©® ?

Every emulation ever conceived which will make your CPU down on its knees... will happen in zero time (zero latency), zero CPU and with 100% accuracy.

Tomorrow begins today !
Old 6 days ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by spectacular g View Post
Interesting. I just downloaded the demo and will report back. I have been looking for a tube emu that fit's my ear for ages, closest I've got so far ended up being a stock plug in Sequoia that was done by Sascha Eversmeier seen here...

https://www.magix.com/ca/music/essentialfx/

The 2 filters are really nice on that one.

Stay healthy and happy.

G
Which one?
Old 6 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by VarikusBrainz View Post
Which one?
It is eFX Tubestage, part of that eFX bundle which has some others that are really pretty nice.

In the case of eFX Tubestage it is a different animal altogether than "PreTube" More subtle for sure which I really like. I can use more instances across a mix without it becoming obvious.

G
Old 6 days ago
Gear Guru
Sounds good!
Old 6 days ago
Lives for gear

Not good enough
I prefer D16 and Fuse
Old 6 days ago
Lives for gear

Not good enough
I prefer D16 and Fuse
Old 6 days ago
Gear Head

Quote:
we didn't apply any of the conventional tools for this emulation. The whole hardware amp is seen as a blackbox and the entire signal modification of this blackbox is learnt by a combination of artificial neural networks.
What was the specific hardware amp used to train the neural networks?
Old 6 days ago
Lives for gear

I'm finding Vintage to be beautifully euphonic at low-ish amounts of drive. Really gives some beautiful dimension to this hip hop track I'm mixing, used on each track.
Old 6 days ago
Gear Nut

I found it surprising that you go all modern and sci-fi with AI
but dont included an automatic LUFS based gain matching option
Old 5 days ago
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by IVsnd View Post
What was the specific hardware amp used to train the neural networks?
Currently, I cannot share the exact model or brandnames. All I can say is, that the Ghost preamp is by far the highest quality hardware of the three. It is an expensive highend tube preamp. The hybrid is as the name suggest a mix of tube and solid state circuit. Vintage is fully tube as ghost but a little older with a rougher sound. I like it especially for high overdrive settings.
Maybe I can share more details in the future!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The-Zeronaut View Post
I found it surprising that you go all modern and sci-fi with AI
but dont included an automatic LUFS based gain matching option
You are totally right, we should have added that! I will try to get it working for the next update!
Old 5 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Currently, I cannot share the exact model or brandnames. All I can say is, that the Ghost preamp is by far the highest quality hardware of the three. It is an expensive highend tube preamp. The hybrid is as the name suggest a mix of tube and solid state circuit. Vintage is fully tube as ghost but a little older with a rougher sound. I like it especially for high overdrive settings.
Maybe I can share more details in the future!
The preamp is so super duper fantastic amazingly great its name can't be repeated because it's taken straight from Area51.
Old 5 days ago
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by trevon View Post
... because it's taken straight from Area51.
That’s definitly the main reason. The other minor thing we worry about is using another company’s name and product for our product advertisment and the legal implications of it.
Old 5 days ago
Gear Addict

Are you planning any eqs or comps utilizing this approach?
Old 5 days ago
Gear Addict

Wow. This is really cool and worth checking out. I put the Ghost preamp at a drive of 2 across a mix and the way it handled transients was quite convincing and dare I say analog. Would be curious to hear a comparison with the preamps this plugin was learning.
Old 5 days ago
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tod Slaughter View Post
Are you planning any eqs or comps utilizing this approach?
we will definitely further explore what is possible with this approach. But there are no concrete plans what to try next. If you have any specific ideas you want to share feel free to send us a mail to [email protected]
We are always looking for new ideas and projects!
Old 5 days ago
Gear Addict

@ Idontcare you bastid had to buy it
Old 3 days ago
Gear Addict

Autogain when?
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search