The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Accentize "PreTube" AI-based tube preamp simulator and saturator (VST3/AU/AAX)
Old 1 week ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tod Slaughter View Post
Autogain when?
It already has very good autogain.

You won't get much better autogain anywhere, since the psychoacoustic nature of the gain caused by saturation is very subjective.

That being said, i dont know if i have any saturator that does autogain better than this, i only have to nudge 1-2 db's down on very extreme cases.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

I think it's perfect tbh.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Head

Version 1.0.2 has just been uploaded. Regarding the autogain there was a minor improvement. However, we will still be investigating in which cases it is not accurate enough and try to find a way to further improve it.

PreTube 1.0.2:
- fixed phase cancellation issue for dry-wet mixing
- higher precision for HQ mode
- latency compensation bugfix

WIN: https://www.accentize.com/products/A...eTube1.0.2.exe
MAC: https://www.accentize.com/products/A...eTube1.0.2.pkg
Old 1 week ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgraf View Post
Version 1.0.2 has just been uploaded. Regarding the autogain there was a minor improvement. However, we will still be investigating in which cases it is not accurate enough and try to find a way to further improve it.

PreTube 1.0.2:
- fixed phase cancellation issue for dry-wet mixing
- higher precision for HQ mode
- latency compensation bugfix

WIN: https://www.accentize.com/products/A...eTube1.0.2.exe
MAC: https://www.accentize.com/products/A...eTube1.0.2.pkg
There is a huge ass high boost in the new version, is it intentional?
http://prntscr.com/smfnko
It sounds good and euforic, but totally different from the non HQ version, and its the exact same boost on every model which seems unlikely.

I'm loving this plugin a little more every time i test it.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Head

Thanks for pointing that out!
It was not intentionally and has been fixed.
Old 1 week ago
plx
Gear Maniac

this is one weird saturator.
I demoed it and i love the concept enough to keep following you guys, but i'm not sure i can find a use for it for 49$.

It reminds me of Voxengo Warmifier in the way it retains dynamics, but the sound itself is weird. It's organic indeed, but it doesn't remind me of hardware or tubes honestly.

i have to revisit it until the sale is over tho.

big up for the approach, it's definitely unique
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by plx View Post
It reminds me of Voxengo Warmifier in the way it retains dynamics, but the sound itself is weird. It's organic indeed, but it doesn't remind me of hardware
Considering you don't like Warmifier either i have to assume that you just like saturation plugins that clip a single transfer curve at some point(i could list them,but it would probably take up a couple of pages)which is contrary to my experience with outboard(including my own) personally.this colours stuff quite a bit and i already anticipated that most peoples criticism of it was that it wasn't "utilitarian"enough.long story short.don't use plugins as your axiom for what outboard sounds like regardless of whatever claims are made as to the accuracy of the circuit model.even pushed this thing does not exhibit any kind of bottleneck in the sound that i would consider blatantly and unpleasantly digital.whether you like it or not is a different story though,but if ya implying it sounds "weird"as in digital,i don't agree at all

Would i use it across a master or mix buss?definitely not
Old 1 week ago
plx
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idontcare View Post
Considering you don't like Warmifier either i have to assume that you just like saturation plugins that clip a single transfer curve at some point(i could list them,but it would probably take up a couple of pages)which is contrary to my experience with outboard(including my own) personally.this colours stuff quite a bit and i already anticipated that most peoples criticism of it was that it wasn't "utilitarian"enough.long story short.don't use plugins as your axiom for what outboard sounds like regardless of whatever claims are made as to the accuracy of the circuit model.even pushed this thing does not exhibit any kind of bottleneck in the sound that i would consider blatantly and unpleasantly digital.whether you like it or not is a different story though,but if ya implying it sounds "weird"as in digital,i don't agree at all
oh no i phrased that poorly - i love warmifier and use it often! Weird was referring to PreTube.

Also i don't think PreTube sounds "weird" as in "digital", just weird. Hardware-ish (for the lack of a better word) but i prefer organic, but just weird. Which is not necessarily a bad thing either - it just doesn't wound like what I expect a tube unit to sound (based on my experience with actual hardware tube units)

It's like a physically modelled software synth - it sounds like a real instrument. Just not a familiar or common one.

I miss filters on this one. Hicut+locut would go a long way combined with mix.

edit: i also like how "drive" is also character. really, each algo has 5 different sounds from 0 to 10.

edit2: also i guess i mentioned warmifier because its one of the rare saturators that doesn't do waveshaping, and the "vintage" algo reminded me a bit of a hot-rodded Warmifier by sound.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by plx View Post
oh no i phrased that poorly - i love warmifier and use it often! Weird was referring to PreTube.

Also i don't think PreTube sounds "weird" as in "digital", just weird. Hardware-ish (for the lack of a better word) but i prefer organic, but just weird. Which is not necessarily a bad thing either - it just doesn't wound like what I expect a tube unit to sound (based on my experience with actual hardware tube units)

It's like a physically modelled software synth - it sounds like a real instrument. Just not a familiar or common one.

I miss filters on this one. Hicut+locut would go a long way combined with mix.

edit: i also like how "drive" is also character. really, each algo has 5 different sounds from 0 to 10.
Aah ok fair enough.i see your point.the ghost setting reminded me of the Thermionic stuff when you really push it.much more so than Valvesque which does get "weirdly"digital when you do
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Interesting.

Having had no experience with real tubes, I think it sounds awesome, and yes, unfamiliar.
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear

Pretube is a very good plugin on my mind.The only negative point is the activation system very anoying .I hope a activation linked on usb key ...
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idontcare View Post

Would i use it across a master or mix buss?definitely not
Have you checked out the transformer models in IK Saturator-X?
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bouroki View Post
Have you checked out the transformer models in IK Saturator-X?
Nopes.i only have the IK Tape plugins.wasn't a fan of Amplitube or the other T-Rack stuff,so haven't bothered to check out anything else
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

This little plugin sounds great. It reminds me of a Dolby card mod. It just gives a touch of tubey feeling without being too noticeable. I will be buying.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Is HQ Mode just upsampling?
Old 1 week ago
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by imloggedin View Post
Is HQ Mode just upsampling?
No. If HQ is turned off some approximations are used in the emulation. If it is turned on the exact values are calculated. Additionally, version 1.0.2 introduces an upsampling scheme for some part of the algorithm.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Something about this is weird and resonances like crazy. Maybe its a bug
Old 1 week ago
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by trevon View Post
Something about this is weird and resonances like crazy. Maybe its a bug
I just ran some tests and couldn‘t see any major resonances. Which of the three models are you talking about and in which frequencies do you observe resonances?

Did anybody else run into the same issue?
Old 1 week ago
plx
Gear Maniac

no, nothing of the like. I've tested it for good hour or so
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Might be a big on export in sequoia. It's not there when I listen back just on export so I think it's my my daw
Old 6 days ago
Lives for gear

Is this going to be available for 88.2? I have quite a few projects it wont work on now.
Old 6 days ago
Gear Head

yes, that’s on our list. Next version will also support 88.2kHz!
Old 5 days ago
Lives for gear

After some more testing I have to take my first judgment: it has vibe, it electrifies audio in a special way, in moderate settings its great.
@ bgraf : could you introduce some attack and release controls in relation to the tube processing? I find that it crackles/distorts too long meaning you hear the tube distortion coming thru just after the instrument/drum sound when the mix percentage increases and that's annoying.

Also could you split the tube processing into 3 bands that we can moderate per band in mix percentages? would really love to crunch the lowmids but not the highs so much.
Old 5 days ago
Lives for gear

Something weird sometimes though: once in a while the plugin doesn't initialize properly and then it really distorts all the time in a disturbing way. I wonder if that is with the server init each time the plugin is loaded??

Please with the license let it correctly initialize ONCE and then leave it be.
Also don't want to be dependent on online authorization every month....

EDIT: just tried AT WaveBox with custom settings. It feels more musical and destroys PreTube for smoothness.
No buy for me.

Last edited by Musician; 5 days ago at 09:43 AM..
Old 5 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musician View Post
Something weird sometimes though: once in a while the plugin doesn't initialize properly and then it really distorts all the time in a disturbing way. I wonder if that is with the server init each time the plugin is loaded??

Please with the license let it correctly initialize ONCE and then leave it be.
Also don't want to be dependent on online authorization every month....

But call me intrigued!
Yeah i'd prefer it to be just a license.if the requirement to go online is to check for updates or something,i don't personally mind doing that manually if it means no online authorisation.you could always just send a news letter.online authorization(especially if its continuous) is always going to turn people off
Old 5 days ago
Gear Head

hey sorry to hear about your troubles. Once the plugin is registered with a valid serial there will be no more communication with the server at all. It will store your registration file locally.
Old 5 days ago
Here for the gear

Quote:
hey sorry to hear about your troubles. Once the plugin is registered with a valid serial there will be no more communication with the server at all. It will store your registration file locally.
Please benjamin ,change your system of protection
Old 5 days ago
Gear Head

To clarify again how the registration system works:

In trial mode you need to have an active internet connection for the time you are using the plugin. There shouldn't occur any incorrect initializations which lead to distortion. It is the first time I hear about it. However, I will try to reproduce this issue and in case there really is a bug I will fix it. More input on this is highly welcome! So if it occurred to anyone else please let me know.

If you bought the plugin you just have to enter the serial key once with an active internet connection. After this process the plugin will be registered for your machine and no further registration/validation requests will be sent out. It will work completly offline!

So far this process proved to be stable with all our plugin releases. This is the first time I hear complaints about it. Nonetheless, I am always open to hear concrete suggestions how to improve it. Just send me a mail to [email protected].

We don't want to go the iLok route for now.
Old 5 days ago
Here for the gear

Quote:

In trial mode you need to have an active internet connection for the time you are using the plugin. There shouldn't occur any incorrect initializations which lead to distortion. It is the first time I hear about it. However, I will try to reproduce this issue and in case there really is a bug I will fix it. More input on this is highly welcome! So if it occurred to anyone else please let me know.

If you bought the plugin you just have to enter the serial key once with an active internet connection. After this process the plugin will be registered for your machine and no further registration/validation requests will be sent out. It will work completly offline!

So far this process proved to be stable with all our plugin releases. This is the first time I hear complaints about it. Nonetheless, I am always open to hear concrete suggestions how to improve it. Just send me a mail to [email protected].

Yes of course for ilok , but you can registrered on only 2 pc with your system of protection. It's not good for me ,sorry .If a possiblity to lock your plugins on "usb key" ,by exemple, will be good , it' my mind. You know benjamin , if you want to much protected your software , it will be "one day" cracked .I have buy a license for "pretube" , but with your actual system of protection , i don't make a future purchase on your website for any plugins.
Old 5 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:

Works fine for me. Please don't go iLok.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search