The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Accentize "PreTube" AI-based tube preamp simulator and saturator (VST3/AU/AAX)
Old 4 days ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tod Slaughter View Post
Autogain when?
It already has very good autogain.

You won't get much better autogain anywhere, since the psychoacoustic nature of the gain caused by saturation is very subjective.

That being said, i dont know if i have any saturator that does autogain better than this, i only have to nudge 1-2 db's down on very extreme cases.
Old 4 days ago
Lives for gear

I think it's perfect tbh.
Old 2 days ago
Gear Head

Version 1.0.2 has just been uploaded. Regarding the autogain there was a minor improvement. However, we will still be investigating in which cases it is not accurate enough and try to find a way to further improve it.

PreTube 1.0.2:
- fixed phase cancellation issue for dry-wet mixing
- higher precision for HQ mode
- latency compensation bugfix

WIN: https://www.accentize.com/products/A...eTube1.0.2.exe
MAC: https://www.accentize.com/products/A...eTube1.0.2.pkg
Old 2 days ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgraf View Post
Version 1.0.2 has just been uploaded. Regarding the autogain there was a minor improvement. However, we will still be investigating in which cases it is not accurate enough and try to find a way to further improve it.

PreTube 1.0.2:
- fixed phase cancellation issue for dry-wet mixing
- higher precision for HQ mode
- latency compensation bugfix

WIN: https://www.accentize.com/products/A...eTube1.0.2.exe
MAC: https://www.accentize.com/products/A...eTube1.0.2.pkg
There is a huge ass high boost in the new version, is it intentional?
http://prntscr.com/smfnko
It sounds good and euforic, but totally different from the non HQ version, and its the exact same boost on every model which seems unlikely.

I'm loving this plugin a little more every time i test it.
Old 2 days ago
Gear Head

Thanks for pointing that out!
It was not intentionally and has been fixed.
Old 1 day ago
plx
Gear Maniac

this is one weird saturator.
I demoed it and i love the concept enough to keep following you guys, but i'm not sure i can find a use for it for 49$.

It reminds me of Voxengo Warmifier in the way it retains dynamics, but the sound itself is weird. It's organic indeed, but it doesn't remind me of hardware or tubes honestly.

i have to revisit it until the sale is over tho.

big up for the approach, it's definitely unique
Old 1 day ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by plx View Post
It reminds me of Voxengo Warmifier in the way it retains dynamics, but the sound itself is weird. It's organic indeed, but it doesn't remind me of hardware
Considering you don't like Warmifier either i have to assume that you just like saturation plugins that clip a single transfer curve at some point(i could list them,but it would probably take up a couple of pages)which is contrary to my experience with outboard(including my own) personally.this colours stuff quite a bit and i already anticipated that most peoples criticism of it was that it wasn't "utilitarian"enough.long story short.don't use plugins as your axiom for what outboard sounds like regardless of whatever claims are made as to the accuracy of the circuit model.even pushed this thing does not exhibit any kind of bottleneck in the sound that i would consider blatantly and unpleasantly digital.whether you like it or not is a different story though,but if ya implying it sounds "weird"as in digital,i don't agree at all

Would i use it across a master or mix buss?definitely not
Old 1 day ago
plx
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idontcare View Post
Considering you don't like Warmifier either i have to assume that you just like saturation plugins that clip a single transfer curve at some point(i could list them,but it would probably take up a couple of pages)which is contrary to my experience with outboard(including my own) personally.this colours stuff quite a bit and i already anticipated that most peoples criticism of it was that it wasn't "utilitarian"enough.long story short.don't use plugins as your axiom for what outboard sounds like regardless of whatever claims are made as to the accuracy of the circuit model.even pushed this thing does not exhibit any kind of bottleneck in the sound that i would consider blatantly and unpleasantly digital.whether you like it or not is a different story though,but if ya implying it sounds "weird"as in digital,i don't agree at all
oh no i phrased that poorly - i love warmifier and use it often! Weird was referring to PreTube.

Also i don't think PreTube sounds "weird" as in "digital", just weird. Hardware-ish (for the lack of a better word) but i prefer organic, but just weird. Which is not necessarily a bad thing either - it just doesn't wound like what I expect a tube unit to sound (based on my experience with actual hardware tube units)

It's like a physically modelled software synth - it sounds like a real instrument. Just not a familiar or common one.

I miss filters on this one. Hicut+locut would go a long way combined with mix.

edit: i also like how "drive" is also character. really, each algo has 5 different sounds from 0 to 10.

edit2: also i guess i mentioned warmifier because its one of the rare saturators that doesn't do waveshaping, and the "vintage" algo reminded me a bit of a hot-rodded Warmifier by sound.
Old 1 day ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by plx View Post
oh no i phrased that poorly - i love warmifier and use it often! Weird was referring to PreTube.

Also i don't think PreTube sounds "weird" as in "digital", just weird. Hardware-ish (for the lack of a better word) but i prefer organic, but just weird. Which is not necessarily a bad thing either - it just doesn't wound like what I expect a tube unit to sound (based on my experience with actual hardware tube units)

It's like a physically modelled software synth - it sounds like a real instrument. Just not a familiar or common one.

I miss filters on this one. Hicut+locut would go a long way combined with mix.

edit: i also like how "drive" is also character. really, each algo has 5 different sounds from 0 to 10.
Aah ok fair enough.i see your point.the ghost setting reminded me of the Thermionic stuff when you really push it.much more so than Valvesque which does get "weirdly"digital when you do
Old 1 day ago
Lives for gear

Interesting.

Having had no experience with real tubes, I think it sounds awesome, and yes, unfamiliar.
Old 1 day ago
Here for the gear

Pretube is a very good plugin on my mind.The only negative point is the activation system very anoying .I hope a activation linked on usb key ...
Old 1 day ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idontcare View Post

Would i use it across a master or mix buss?definitely not
Have you checked out the transformer models in IK Saturator-X?
Old 1 day ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bouroki View Post
Have you checked out the transformer models in IK Saturator-X?
Nopes.i only have the IK Tape plugins.wasn't a fan of Amplitube or the other T-Rack stuff,so haven't bothered to check out anything else
Old 1 day ago
Lives for gear

This little plugin sounds great. It reminds me of a Dolby card mod. It just gives a touch of tubey feeling without being too noticeable. I will be buying.
Old 1 day ago
Lives for gear

Is HQ Mode just upsampling?
Old 1 day ago
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by imloggedin View Post
Is HQ Mode just upsampling?
No. If HQ is turned off some approximations are used in the emulation. If it is turned on the exact values are calculated. Additionally, version 1.0.2 introduces an upsampling scheme for some part of the algorithm.
Old 1 day ago
Lives for gear

Something about this is weird and resonances like crazy. Maybe its a bug
Old 1 day ago
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by trevon View Post
Something about this is weird and resonances like crazy. Maybe its a bug
I just ran some tests and couldn‘t see any major resonances. Which of the three models are you talking about and in which frequencies do you observe resonances?

Did anybody else run into the same issue?
Old 1 day ago
plx
Gear Maniac

no, nothing of the like. I've tested it for good hour or so
Old 1 day ago
Lives for gear

Might be a big on export in sequoia. It's not there when I listen back just on export so I think it's my my daw
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search