The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Universal Audio Releases UAD Software v9.12 featuring Neve 1084 Preamp & EQ Plug-In
Old 1 week ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirthought View Post
Reading through the release notes, it details which GUIs were updated this time:
  • UAD API 560
  • UAD API 550A
  • UAD AKG BX20
  • UAD Manley Massive Passive
  • UAD Manley Massive Passive Mastering

I don't really see a huge improvement. They are clearer to the eye—some of them use to be downright blurry—but you still can't resize them and the fonts can be really small and hard to read.

The Ampeg GUI, and plugin, is created by Plugin Alliance. Most of the UAD ones are really not standing out for their sharpness on todays screens. Thankfully they sound good.
Of those, I only own the BX20... but any GUI improvements are most welcome.

I haven’t dug in to the issue, but on the surface it seems silly that these stalwart plugins can’t at least get a static graphic facelift. They don’t even need to be resizeable; just a reasonable size for the majority of monitor resolutions in use today.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by robshrock View Post
Of those, I only own the BX20... but any GUI improvements are most welcome.

I haven’t dug in to the issue, but on the surface it seems silly that these stalwart plugins can’t at least get a static graphic facelift. They don’t even need to be resizeable; just a reasonable size for the majority of monitor resolutions in use today.
They updated the Manley Vari-Mu sometime in the past 12 months or so, and I still find it very hard to read due to the size and font choice on the controls. I'm sure the font choice is what Manley chose, so hard to fault that, but the size could be easier to read.

I see plugins from companies like Valhalla and Fab Filter and the legibility and flexibility is really a strong suit. I dig the vintage gear look from UAD but if they could just make the GUI's resized, or just larger, that would really be a win for everyone.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search