The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Softube and Weiss Release EQ1, Gambit Series for Console 1 and Complete Collection
Old 2 weeks ago
News Desk Editor

Softube and Weiss Release EQ1, Gambit Series for Console 1 and Complete Collection

Softube and Weiss Release EQ1, Gambit Series for Console 1 and Complete Collection-weiss-eq1-high-res-gui.jpg

Softube and Weiss Release Weiss EQ1 Plug-in, Weiss Gambit Series for Console 1 channel strip, and Weiss Complete Collection

Weiss Engineering’s EQ1 has been world champ of digital mastering equalizers since its release in 1996. The triumphant sonic qualities of EQ1—combined with its flexibility as a Minimum Phase EQ, a Linear Phase EQ, or a Dynamic EQ—have made it the most highly-prized equalizer out there. A line-by-line code port of the original hardware—with added functionality and ergonomics—the Weiss EQ1 plug-in is the latest and greatest of Softube’s successful partnership with Weiss Engineering. An association that kicked off with the plug-in version of a processor with a place in every mastering studio worldwide, the Weiss DS1-MK3.

Released in 2018, the DS1-MK3 plug-in was quickly embraced by the top producers and engineers in the field. Now, as we usher into the ring the best of digital mastering by bringing the Weiss EQ1 into the DAW, it’s finally possible to have both EQ1 and DS1-MK3 from the Weiss Gambit Series in plug-in form.

Weiss Gambit Series for Console 1
Next to enter the arena is the Weiss Gambit Series for Console 1. Based on the 1:1 code ports of Weiss DS1-MK3 and Weiss EQ1, the Gambit Series channel strip combines core processing elements from these two hero units into one knockout channel strip for the software/hardware hybrid Console 1. The top features of the most admired digital processors, combined with characteristic Softube extras, make Weiss Gambit Series for Console 1 the precision channel strip that engineers everywhere have been on the edge of their seats waiting for.

The Weiss Complete Collection
For those who want it all and want it all to be Weiss, Softube is releasing the Weiss Complete Collection. The Complete Collection includes our six collaborative Weiss products: the all-new EQ1 and Gambit Series for Console 1, the prized DS1- MK3, plus MM-1, Compressor/Limiter, and Deess. This winning collection gives you indispensable, high-end Weiss mastering at a fraction of the price when purchased separately. Developed closely with and fully endorsed by Weiss Engineering and Daniel Weiss, these products prove that Swiss and Swedish engineering make a stellar team. Every mastering house worldwide will want this bundle of plug-ins in their collection.

In Short
• NEW: Weiss EQ1 plug-in—the standard of digital mastering EQs and a must- have for mastering houses worldwide
• NEW: Weiss Gambit Series for Console 1—the fusion of the core processing elements of DS1-MK3 and EQ1 into one channel strip
• NEW: Weiss Complete Collection—six collaborative plug-ins including EQ1, Gambit Series for Console 1, DS1-MK3, MM-1, Compressor/Limiter, and Deess
• Created with and endorsed by Weiss Engineering

Prices:
• Weiss EQ1 – 549 USD (Intro price: 499 USD until June 5th)
• Weiss Gambit Series For Console 1 – 299 USD (Intro price: 169 USD until June 5th)
• Weiss Complete Collection – 999 USD (Intro price: 820 USD until June 5th)

For more information, visit: https://www.softube.com/
Attached Thumbnails
Softube and Weiss Release EQ1, Gambit Series for Console 1 and Complete Collection-weiss-complete-collection-box-01.jpg   Softube and Weiss Release EQ1, Gambit Series for Console 1 and Complete Collection-weiss-gambit-series-console1_2000x1200.jpg   Softube and Weiss Release EQ1, Gambit Series for Console 1 and Complete Collection-weiss-eq1-high-res-gui.jpg  

Last edited by The Press Desk; 2 weeks ago at 03:09 PM..
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Softube Weiss EQ1.

Finally!!

https://www.softube.com/weiss-eq1

Cheers!
Old 2 weeks ago
Not at that price

Maybe in a sale.
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by audiodistortion View Post
Not at that price

Maybe in a sale.
You 'aint kidding!
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

sheesh!
499€ for a digital emulation of a 25 year old digital EQ?
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

I don't see an upgrade path in my account, from previous Weiss products...
The price is as expected, given the previous pricing of the DS-1...oh well.

Cheers!
Old 2 weeks ago
I see there's an upgrade to the full Weiss pack but that includes the Console 1 plugin. Is there a pack for those without Console 1? Otherwise it seems the price might be higher for a plugin that's not needed.

Cheers
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by the fxs View Post
.....of a 25 year old digital EQ?

Have you ever touched one of those 25 year old EQs?
Trust me, it is one of the best EQs ever (even now), for mastering work.
Only if you actually used one, you'll know what i mean...
Softube's pricing is always on the high tier, though....we got used by now.

Cheers!
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Nut

For console 1 is better this or the 9000 for electronic music?
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aziak View Post
Have you ever touched one of those 25 year old EQs?
no, i have not. please excuse my ignorance.

Quote:
Trust me, it is one of the best EQs ever (even now), for mastering work.
and so are Pultecs and Sontecs, yet there is no digital 499€ Pultec or Sontec plugin.

Quote:
Softube's pricing is always on the high tier, though....we got used by now.

Cheers!
i have no intention of getting used to such prices.
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Addict

The upgrade path for DS1 owners to the full bundle which includes the Console 1 strip is $410 or $349 with the intro voucher.

Still too much IMO.
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Head

I think the price is fair. Other Softube's plugins might be overpriced. But their Weiss plugins sound the SAME to original Weiss outboard. $349 for an outboard quality plugin? I'm in.
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
no, i have not. please excuse my ignorance.

and so are Pultecs and Sontecs, yet there is no digital 499€ Pultec or Sontec plugin.

i have no intention of getting used to such prices.

At a first glance, many think the same for the Weiss Eq, an old digital Eq...and it is, since it was released in the 90's.....BUT, also it is a special device, that even after so long time it holds great sound and feature wise. Mr. Weiss is a legend.

You can't compare that device with Fairchild and Sontec....it is worlds apart.

As for the price....when i said used to, meant that we are familiar with Softube's pricing model, not that i am willing to pay what they ask for it immediately.

As i see the upgrade pricing is a let down too....oh well......

Cheers!
Old 2 weeks ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by msflsim View Post
The upgrade path for DS1 owners to the full bundle which includes the Console 1 strip is $410 or $349 with the intro voucher.

Still too much IMO.
Thanks completely missed the voucher since it was at the bottom of the email.
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Head

For those of you who have had the luck to use the outboard version (and therefore have probably also had significant experience both with outboard analog EQs and ITB digital plugins in general), could you share a few words about what makes this EQ special? What sets it apart both from its analog and its digital counterparts?
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by deedeeyeah View Post
i envy you plugin folks a bit for the enhanced graphics though...

Tell me about it. I think, i have lost half of my sight, only by staring at that Weiss tiny lcd screens, while browsing through the menus...back then. LOL!

Maybe the price actually worths it, for the UI alone....hmmm.

Cheers!
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

I don’t care how special a unit might be but there’s no way in hell im spending that much on an eq plugin.
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear
It's a shame there is no upgrade path for owners of other Weiss plugins.
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Tell me about it. I think, i have lost half of my sight, only by staring at that Weiss tiny lcd screens, while browsing through the menus...back then. LOL!

Maybe the price actually worths it, for the UI alone....hmmm.

Cheers!
...maybe i should add that i don't envy you for the fact that you're using plugin :-)

the display hasn't been much of a concern for me: the tactile surface makes it easy to touch and trim things without watching the display but i have been relying on a fft (which 'lives' either on my 2trk return or mostly the pfl bus) for eq representation for ages...

p.s. Weiss EQ1 is now a plugin

Last edited by deedeeyeah; 2 weeks ago at 12:52 PM.. Reason: p.s. added
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by elcct View Post
There is, it is called "Weiss Complete Collection" and the price of upgrade will give you a small stroke....(hope not, just kidding).

https://www.softube.com/products/wei...ete-collection

Cheers!
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
...maybe i should add that i don't envy you for the fact that you're using plugin :-)

the display hasn't been much of a concern for me: the tactile surface makes it easy to touch and trim things without watching the display but i have been relying on a fft (which 'lives' either on my 2trk return or mostly the pfl bus) for eq representation for ages...

You figured it out in a smart way!
Back then (early 2000s) when i tend to use them in a mastering suite, i had to stare at the LCDs for fine tweaking and that was one of my pet peeves with them. The plugins solved that issue for me and since now we are entirely ITB, having more than one, it is liberating....that may create a little envy to you!

Cheers!
Old 2 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by elcct View Post
That is true - I do not see any upgrade path - although being logged in.
The price for the Weiss Collection does not change . . .
It is a pity.

Cheers -
Pete
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Addict

I guess there is only an upgrade path if you own the DS1-MK3. The individual ones don't seem to be included.

Quote:
Originally Posted by peweevoll View Post
That is true - I do not see any upgrade path - although being logged in.
The price for the Weiss Collection does not change . . .
It is a pity.

Cheers -
Pete
Old 2 weeks ago
On my opinion it's a very good news that Softube emulates the Weiss EQ-1. I'm in a hurry to try it. I didn't have the opportunity to work with the original but if it has the same "signature" that the DS-1 I think it could become a masterpiece EQ plugin for many consumers.
If ME read this post is there a big difference between Algorithmix EQ & the Weiss?
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Head

Price is "ouch" so let's hope it's marvelous at the least.
Time to test it in depth to see what it's got

Not sure the EQ will make the cut with this price, but i'll buy the console1 version, since it seems to bring new possibilities.
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
sheesh!
499€ for a digital emulation of a 25 year old digital EQ?
It's not a digital emulation. It's a 1:1 code port. Think of it as all the guts of the hardware EQ, just without the hardware.

In the analog world, emulation is important because the sum is more than its parts. In the digital world, a hunk of metal is extraneous.
Old 2 weeks ago
First impression is I wish the shading was less obvious. It's not that noticeable on the DS1 but with all the extra knobs on the EQ1 it seems a bit too much. Hopefully I'll just get used to it.
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by arnoldorodeo View Post
(...)If ME read this post is there a big difference between Algorithmix EQ & the Weiss?
yep: the dongle... - what algorithmix: orange, red, blue?

of course they're all different!
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by msflsim View Post
I guess there is only an upgrade path if you own the DS1-MK3. The individual ones don't seem to be included.
I do have that one. You can only get the Weiss collection as an upgrade, but that includes Console 1 version. I think that should be a separate product, not included in the collection.
Old 2 weeks ago
Quote:
yep: the dongle... - what algorithmix: orange, red, blue?

of course they're all different!
I should have precised : Red vs Weiss
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search