The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Softube and Weiss Release EQ1, Gambit Series for Console 1 and Complete Collection
Old 3 days ago
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeezo View Post
Gracie Mille !!

Talking about the Zener , the drive is exellent , put the germanium isntead the zener and drive clock wise for caracter like at 0.7 to 0.9 just to tilt the balance for that too much low end from the geramnium ....: perfect ...

The zener also has those "cojones" and is really something for loFi , boom bap hip hop ... (this is basically why i bought it :!!) and i will foinsh mixe with Weiss ....

The Curve bender eq is really vintagy in its operation meaning it give presence imho and authority .... it's where it shines imho ....
AWESOME TIPS MAN!!!
Where do you use specifically the zener bender,on what sound?
With uad stuff,xl9000 and gambit i can’t realize that this can be useful.
For low stuff i use UADs Voice of God,studer,distressor,i don’t know how can zener bender can be used,please illuminate me
Old 3 days ago
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpod View Post
I don't understand Softube claim: " A line-by-line code port of the original hardware" and i don't understand how people grab on this so easy. I guess trick is in "port" word alone.

Weiss hardware is powered by Sharc. Native plugin is powered by another different set of instruction. So what does line-by-line mean exactly?

They CAN NOT copy paste code from Sharc and make it run on Native CPU it does not work like that. I am under impression people here think it's just like that. Clearly it's not.

Hold on i am not saying it's untrue or that plugin is inferior to hardware. I just want to say i am not sure this is exactly the same thing and people shouldn't jump to conclusion.

Is there anyone who can really compare software to hardware???

Seeing Softube experience on UAD maybe they perfected their emulation quality on Sharc universe. So perhaps plugin is actually indistinguishable from hardware. I would still like to hear real world examples and comparison files. I won't had chance to do it myself anytime soon haha.
When the DS1-mk3 plug-in came on the market I compared it in a zero-out anti-phase test, and they nearly nulled out. Far in the digital noise there was a small residue of something, I assume that is because the plug-in is 32bits and the orginal SHARC processing is 40 bit. I am a user of Weiss hardware since 1992, and I sold my hardware DS1-mk2 and used the plug-in ever since. Probably the EQ-1 is nulling out completally, Daniel Weiss would not accept it when it would not. :D
Old 3 days ago
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by 808lab View Post
AWESOME TIPS MAN!!!
Where do you use specifically the zener bender,on what sound?
With uad stuff,xl9000 and gambit i can’t realize that this can be useful.
For low stuff i use UADs Voice of God,studer,distressor,i don’t know how can zener bender can be used,please illuminate me
Well illuminate is a big word lol anyway to explain easily , the zener have this ability to exibit punch on any performance , to put it simply , whne i want tha smak , caracter and groove vintage compression and eq ...

I would say with those modern rappers , the mid presence you can have from this eq in effortless moves is priceless ...

Compressors on the zener are to be known , comp 1 is based on an old altec , while limiter is base on nothing but the fairchild (need to be verified but if i remeber well this is it , AR asked chandler to bring a modern design with this as guideline) , comp 2 being in the middle .

I usally love just to kiss the gr on the limiter

So i would go comp 1 on vocals , energic vocals with comp 2 , drums with everything (like i said usually limiter) ... it can become a little clicky , i handke those trnsients at the same time with drive !! When you drive counter clock wise it soften transients and highs and tighen the lows .
Old 2 days ago
Gear Nut

Quote:
Well illuminate is a big word lol anyway to explain easily , the zener have this ability to exibit punch on any performance , to put it simply , whne i want tha smak , caracter and groove vintage compression and eq ...

I would say with those modern rappers , the mid presence you can have from this eq in effortless moves is priceless ...

Compressors on the zener are to be known , comp 1 is based on an old altec , while limiter is base on nothing but the fairchild (need to be verified but if i remeber well this is it , AR asked chandler to bring a modern design with this as guideline) , comp 2 being in the middle .

I usally love just to kiss the gr on the limiter

So i would go comp 1 on vocals , energic vocals with comp 2 , drums with everything (like i said usually limiter) ... it can become a little clicky , i handke those trnsients at the same time with drive !! When you drive counter clock wise it soften transients and highs and tighen the lows .
Ok,i understand and really thanks so much again,your tips are precious,i never work with vocals,i made only beats and electro tracks,no vocals.
So i take only the gambit and the 9000 because for the drums i use UAD stuff like distressor,pultec,VOG,culture vulture,ecc.

In that sense i say “how can be useful for me the zener bender”?
Old 2 days ago
Gear Nut

Quote:
Nope never tried the hornet , but having the arousor makes me think that i should be covered distressor style wise ..
Ok, I was mentioning it because you wrote that you think many sw compressors are not performing well on 808 kicks (and I tend to agree). And I named one which I think does handle kicks very well. It is not a Distressor emulation! However, I am not trying to sell it and I am not related to the company, so this was my last HoRNet interruption in this thread
Old 2 days ago
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5 Cent View Post
Ok, I was mentioning it because you wrote that you think many sw compressors are not performing well on 808 kicks (and I tend to agree). And I named one which I think does handle kicks very well. It is not a Distressor emulation! However, I am not trying to sell it and I am not related to the company, so this was my last HoRNet interruption in this thread
No problem , i m also keen to find new gem ... and i own some hornet stuff , not bling bling but dies the job like a boss so thks for pointing it to me .

For 808 usualy on track i do very few dynamically but drive and saturation (xitch is a dynamic process in fact that feets the best imho)
On buses it s more vsc 3 or really fast limiting kissing gr
Old 1 day ago
MAAT Red is out.
Old 17 hours ago
Anyone have any luck changing the Q settings of the shelves on the Console 1 Weiss strip? I've tried both the stock Weiss EQ and the EQ1 module. The default setting has a very high Q (creating an opposite boost/cut before the set frequency). The Console 1 has no Q knob for the shelves so maybe it's not possible?
Old 17 hours ago
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandolin View Post
Anyone have any luck changing the Q settings of the shelves on the Console 1 Weiss strip? I've tried both the stock Weiss EQ and the EQ1 module. The default setting has a very high Q (creating an opposite boost/cut before the set frequency). The Console 1 has no Q knob for the shelves so maybe it's not possible?
No. Q is fixed for the shelves in C1
Old 17 hours ago
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Softube View Post
If you're experiencing issues with upgrade prices, the channel strip not working, or really anything else Softube-related, you can always send an email to [email protected].

Hope this helps!
/Tom

Hey Tom, I purchase the bundle with upgrade price. However, the licenses of EQ1 and Gambit stripe didn’t show up on my product page. I contacted the Softube support ten days ago. No one reply to my request.
Old 16 hours ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by citytape View Post
Hey Tom, I purchase the bundle with upgrade price. However, the licenses of EQ1 and Gambit stripe didn’t show up on my product page. I contacted the Softube support ten days ago. No one reply to my request.
Did you upgrade to the latest version of Console 1 first?

I read that somewhere, I think in this thread. I did that first, so now a new Softube plugin manager app on my Mac. Then I bought the Gambit strip. Every thing works fine.
Old 11 hours ago
Quote:
I don't know if it works for you (because I don't use Console 1). But I had to activate the plugin in my iLok account, only then the license showed up on the product page. Transferal from Softube to iLok worked automatically after purchase.
Old 10 hours ago
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by blayz2002 View Post
Did you upgrade to the latest version of Console 1 first?
Thank you! I think I have to manually activate it in my iLok account.
Old 10 hours ago
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geronimos Guitar View Post
I don't know if it works for you (because I don't use Console 1). But I had to activate the plugin in my iLok account, only then the license showed up on the product page. Transferal from Softube to iLok worked automatically after purchase.
Thank you! You are right, I manually activated it in my iLok account, everything’s good now. I think it is because I had previous Weiss DS1 bundle activated, I have to surrender that license.
Old 9 hours ago
Gear Guru

Quote:
Thank you! You are right, I manually activated it in my iLok account, everything’s good now. I think it is because I had previous Weiss DS1 bundle activated, I have to surrender that license.
Basically , softube account is linked to you ilok , once it s synced you ll see the installers and plugins you own , the center does this also ....

Glad you got it sorted .
Old 8 hours ago
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandolin View Post
Definitly a request specially for the high shelves

If anybody knows the hidden file to tweak lol
Old 8 hours ago
Gear Nut

Quote:
Definitly a request specially for the high shelves

If anybody knows the hidden file to tweak lol
Maybe it would be best if the two shelf buttons instead of selecting between cut, bell and shelf to select between low Q shelf, high Q shelf and bell.
Old 3 hours ago
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by yorgos View Post
Maybe it would be best if the two shelf buttons instead of selecting between cut, bell and shelf to select between low Q shelf, high Q shelf and bell.
Yexactly my thoughts , cut for Low Q ... the rest as it is ...

The problem with that is backward compatibility , the could sorts this via an option to be checked in settings

I hope Tom will escalade this to the team ...
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search