The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
waveTracing SP950 effect plugin: SP1200 & S950 combination
Old 1 week ago
  #91
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by electro View Post
It needs two true bypass buttons.

First to fully bypass bit cruncher.
Second to fully bypass LPF

Afterwards, output should be bit identical to input.
Considering the fact that this was not even planned as a VST, I want to be careful about expecting too much; especially at the price it’s offered.

For a subsequent update, this would be a great feature and well appreciated!
Old 1 week ago
  #92
Gear Nut
 

Man this is easily one of my favorite plugins! I can't stop messing around with it, it's just too fun.
Old 1 week ago
  #93
Gear Nut
 
pos_'s Avatar
Thanks for the feedback and good energy

Future plans include:
- AAX support
- in/out gain knobs with optional link to play with the ADC and/or realign output levels.
- dry/wet knob for phase-coherent mixing
- some tweaking of the detune steps

What I don't really like with these updates is that the interface will become more complicated and cluttered. I would like to keep it simple and minimalist, so I will probably try to hide most of these additional knobs in a specific tab.

Regarding bypasses, setting the filter to 99 will completely bypass it.
I am a bit reluctant to add a bypass for the SP part leaving only the filter, as SP emulation is the centerpiece here.
Old 1 week ago
  #94
Lives for gear
 

My day job for a long time: UX designer.

Brief advice: stick to your vision, flex around the edges if it’ll improve usability.

In out gain etc: a “drawer” that can be toggles on off and stays that way until changed would be nice, a la newer Plugin Alliance plugins. I’d ask to avoid tabs unless it’s for near-permanent settings. With a drawer or similar, the user can choose to make it visible (hidden by default if that’s your vision) or not, empowering them.

Keep up the great work: this plugin will find its way into many of my tracks, I bet.
Old 1 week ago
  #95
Gear Head
 

Is anyone using this in ableton?

Every vst3 effect or instrument I've tried has an issue with the GUI not displaying correctly, whereas the vst2 version will be fine. I'd like to try this out but not willing to buy without a demo for this reason.

Is a refund possible if it does not work correctly? Otherwise I am really looking forward to using this!
Old 1 week ago
  #96
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by range View Post
Is anyone using this in ableton?

Every vst3 effect or instrument I've tried has an issue with the GUI not displaying correctly, whereas the vst2 version will be fine. I'd like to try this out but not willing to buy without a demo for this reason.

Is a refund possible if it does not work correctly? Otherwise I am really looking forward to using this!
I use it in Ableton - no GUI issues. I have slowly been moving to more VST3 versions of plugs with Ableton.
Old 1 week ago
  #97
Gear Head
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Methlab View Post
I use it in Ableton - no GUI issues. I have slowly been moving to more VST3 versions of plugs with Ableton.
Nice ok, thanks for letting me know.
Old 1 week ago
  #98
Gear Nut
 
pos_'s Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by vitocorleone123 View Post
My day job for a long time: UX designer.

Brief advice: stick to your vision, flex around the edges if it’ll improve usability.

In out gain etc: a “drawer” that can be toggles on off and stays that way until changed would be nice, a la newer Plugin Alliance plugins. I’d ask to avoid tabs unless it’s for near-permanent settings. With a drawer or similar, the user can choose to make it visible (hidden by default if that’s your vision) or not, empowering them.

Keep up the great work: this plugin will find its way into many of my tracks, I bet.
Thanks for the advice!
Old 1 week ago
  #99
Gear Nut
 
pos_'s Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by range View Post
Is a refund possible if it does not work correctly? Otherwise I am really looking forward to using this!
Sure, let me know.
Old 1 week ago
  #100
I'd love to beta test the AAX version and even compare it to my sp if needs be. Peace.
Old 1 week ago
  #101
666
Lives for gear
 
666's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiltonsister View Post
I want input/output knobs because I like clipped sound when over-input.
You can't clip an SP though
Old 1 week ago
  #102
666
Lives for gear
 
666's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by pos_ View Post
Thanks for the feedback and good energy

Future plans include:
- AAX support
- in/out gain knobs with optional link to play with the ADC and/or realign output levels.
- dry/wet knob for phase-coherent mixing
- some tweaking of the detune steps

What I don't really like with these updates is that the interface will become more complicated and cluttered. I would like to keep it simple and minimalist, so I will probably try to hide most of these additional knobs in a specific tab.

Regarding bypasses, setting the filter to 99 will completely bypass it.
I am a bit reluctant to add a bypass for the SP part leaving only the filter, as SP emulation is the centerpiece here
.
I'm all for it, it's a great plug in and i'm using it and loving it.

Maybe you could make ANOTHER plug that's just the 950 filter but with a secret Lo Pass option too. It's just you've made a really nice sounding, simple filter that I wanna use all the time.
Old 1 week ago
  #103
Gear Addict
Quote:
Originally Posted by 666 View Post
You can't clip an SP though
IF YOU ONLY KNEW WHAT THE INFAMOUS "SAMPLE IS GOOD" STATEMENT IS REGARDING.

Old 1 week ago
  #104
666
Lives for gear
 
666's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpc3kle View Post
IF YOU ONLY KNEW WHAT THE INFAMOUS "SAMPLE IS GOOD" STATEMENT IS REGARDING.

I'm all ears!
Old 1 week ago
  #105
Gear Nut
 

Great job! One of the most interesting plugins I've heard in a while.

I second the request for a wet/dry knob, sometimes you just want a little of that zing.
Old 6 days ago
  #106
Lives for gear
 
jbuonacc's Avatar
ugh, VST3 only. can't use it.

damn you, Steinberg.
Old 6 days ago
  #107
Gear Nut
 
pos_'s Avatar
I really wish I could offer a VST2 version, but unfortunately this is out of my hands... :(
If you already ordered by mistake drop me an email.
Old 5 days ago
  #108
Lives for gear
 
jbuonacc's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by pos_ View Post
I really wish I could offer a VST2 version, but unfortunately this is out of my hands... :(

If you already ordered by mistake drop me an email.
didn't buy it, wish i could. maybe i will anyway (i'm sure i'll be able to use VST3 at some point), but i'd love to at least demo it to see if it's as good as people are saying.

actually, i've got an Ableton Live 10 Lite/Intro license (still using the full version of 9, haven't upgraded yet) which i may be able to use. maybe i'll try installing that and see what happens.

thanks though, really too bad about the VST2 situation. so screwed up that they don't allow newer developers to release in that format.


EDIT: bought it anyway. from the video i'm not sure if i'm convinced that it does anything that i couldn't already do (more or less) with a few other things, but what the hell. fair price, and i dig the look/functionality.
Old 3 days ago
  #109
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbuonacc View Post
ugh, VST3 only. can't use it.
https://ddmf.eu/metaplugin-chainer-v...s-aax-wrapper/
Old 3 days ago
  #110
Lives for gear
 
jbuonacc's Avatar
Quote:
thanks. i actually bought that when it came out, but sold it or was refunded due to some odd performance issues (which may have been resolved by now). i just realized though that i could use the demo to at least test out SP950.

i think this might work as well, which looks like it is now open source freeware:

https://kushview.net/element/

Old 2 days ago
  #111
Gear Nut
 
pos_'s Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbuonacc View Post
i think this might work as well, which looks like it is now open source freeware:

https://kushview.net/element/

Wow, that is nice, and it can do many other things too!
I managed to make it run as a VST2 and load the VST3 plugin.
That might be the solution for VST2 compatibility...
Topic:
Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…
Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Forum Jump
Forum Jump