The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
"Let There Be Drive" - with God Mode from denise audio
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

"Let There Be Drive" - with God Mode from denise audio

The God Mode introduces a new push-pull technology giving you full control over what frequencies to saturate and distort. It’s node EQ graph and linear phase filters allow for unlimited options to shape the coloration of your sound.

The push-pull technology is inspired by the legendary analog Pultec EQ, a passive tube eq from the 50s, widely used in the 70s/80s for both broadcasting and mixing. The Pultec EQ would ‘push’ the gain for a certain frequency range into its tube circuit, and would then ‘pull’ it back again, to smooth out the frequency response. This creates a sound close to the original but with a nice warmth added to the boosted frequency ranges. The God Mode introduces a modern version of this technique.

Quote:
“I use saturation in almost every sound I create, so I’m always looking for the best saturation tool for my music. This is not only the best sounding one, it’s also the most complete and practical plugin ever.” – Nico Astegiano, YouTuber/Producer
The first step to using the God Mode is to boost or ‘push’ certain frequencies in your track that you like to be more saturated or distorted. You can for example use one shelf to boost the highs and one peak to boost a certain color or resonance. Because you push these frequencies harder into the saturation algorithm, they will be naturally more affected by it. The second step is to decide if and how much ‘pull’ to apply to the boosted frequencies. This gives you creative control over the amount of coloration and the option to create a perfectly balanced frequency response for your track.

The God Mode’s push-pull technology allows you to create perfectly balanced saturation no matter how dynamic your track is. In addition, how sweet would it be to use multi band distortion in parallel or to create a proper dry/wet mix without phase issues? Because the God Mode uses linear phase filters, you can now blend in the effect as you please, either in a very extreme way for creative purposes or subtle additions during mastering. The God Mode gives you ultimate control and creativity.

The plugin doesn’t stop there though. It has a ‘live’ mode for recording, that uses regular filters without latency instead of linear phase filters. It has a side-chain to create rhythmic distortion effects, and you can pan the wet and dry sound individually. In addition, one of the three drive effects uses a ‘on steroids’ version of the Tape Analog VM™ algorithm we know from the Bad Tape. It allows for subtle saturation on the master as well as crazy over the top distortion effects on bass, vocals and synths.

Quote:
“The sidechain function is actually quite a bit of fun! I’ve been playing about with it on reverb/delay sends and getting some really cool results compared to my usual ‘dirty verb’ tricks.” – Venus Theory, YouTuber/Producer
  • Super easy-to-use Graph
  • Unique Push & Pull technology
  • Tape Analog VM™ algorithm on steroids that we’re known from the Bad Tape
  • Linear Phase Filters: Pristine sound quality and in-phase dry/wet mixing.
  • Individual dry/wet panning
  • Live recording mode with with zero latency.
  • Create rhythmical drive with the ‘side-tape’ side chain
  • Subtle to extreme use on single track instruments, busses & mastering

Grab your copy of God Mode from the denise store for a limited introductory price of €39 ($42/£34/¥4,525), and get an extra 20% off in the spring sale. Happy producing!
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Curious to hear others thoughts on this one.
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

me like
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodhifile View Post
me like
We're pleased to hear!

Joe
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Addict

I have a feeling I'm going to use this A LOT to distort then modulate reverb tails and swells!
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Yano,for a tape algorithm it doesn't half break in the most unpleasant,digital way imaginable.run a low saw wave through it and see what results.also not sure why you implemented this with linear phase filters.anything other than broad Q's is just going to ruin any transients,impulses and sounds with any granularity you run through it
Old 3 weeks ago
Also asked this in the Punisher topic, but developer is terribly silent on this: what are the options for oversampling?

In my view a distortion plugin developer releasing stuff in 2020 cannot do without.
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Linear phase filters is a turn-off for me. I just don't use them in all but the rarest cases.

Good luck with it all
Old 3 weeks ago
Is it true that Denise and Soundspot are one and the same developer?
Old 3 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stikkers View Post
https://www.denise.io/blog/2018/10/i...in-development
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Yes it is!
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by JfromRVA View Post
I have a feeling I'm going to use this A LOT to distort then modulate reverb tails and swells!
Nice! Sounds like a good way to use it.
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Also asked this in the Punisher topic, but developer is terribly silent on this: what are the options for oversampling?

In my view a distortion plugin developer releasing stuff in 2020 cannot do without.
Hey Stikkers, sorry to have missed something here. What was the question you were hoping to get answered?

Best
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

If you have a copy of the plugin now ane are looking for some inspiration, I can highly recommend Venus Theory's YouTube tips videos using both Punisher and God Mode:

Enjoy!
Old 3 weeks ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denise.Audio View Post
Hey Stikkers, sorry to have missed something here. What was the question you were hoping to get answered?

Best
The question is literally in the quote you just made

Distortion creates a lot of unwanted aliasing.
Oversampling can deal with this problem. iZotope Trash 2 en True Iron for example have oversampling options.
However, I don't see any oversampling option in your plugin.
What's your view on this?
Old 3 weeks ago
Quote:
Yes it is!
Great! I use Evade a lot, as well as Glitch and FAT.
Good value for the money.
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:
The question is literally in the quote you just made

Distortion creates a lot of unwanted aliasing.
Oversampling can deal with this problem. iZotope Trash 2 en True Iron for example have oversampling options.
However, I don't see any oversampling option in your plugin.
What's your view on this?
Ah yes, I overlooked that! I've passed the question onto the developer and will get back to you when I get an answer.

Best
Joe
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

Hey all,

the denise team are going to be doing another live stream on YouTube answering your questions like we did just over a week ago:

What would you like to know about us, or the God Mode, or The Perfect Room, or the new licensing system? Would you like to know what makes the Perfect Room so special and clear? Now is your chance to find out.

Drop us come questions in the thread or email them to us directly at [email protected].

Best,
Joe
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Hey all,

the denise team are going to be doing another live stream on YouTube answering your questions like we did just over a week ago:

What would you like to know about us, or the God Mode, or The Perfect Room, or the new licensing system? Would you like to know what makes the Perfect Room so special and clear? Now is your chance to find out.

Drop us come questions in the thread or email them to us directly at [email protected].

Best,
Joe
Oversampling? I watched a little, but was this addressed?
Old 2 weeks ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodhifile View Post
Oversampling? I watched a little, but was this addressed?
Unfortunately not.
Still veeeeery quiet on this particular topic
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Hi, I am tempted, but isn´t it just a "Spectre" with less options? What do you think? I already got Spectre. Can it add something new to the pallette, then I´m in? Thank you.
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Hey all,

Best,
Joe
Hi there back to Berlin
As being really really positively surprised by perfect room, I bought GodMode also. I like it, beside the unusable tiny GUI on 2560x1440 screens. But I was surprised here too due to a online C/R check. I "hate" such mechanism to the bone and didn´t expect that, after Perfect Room didn´t do that. You should notify possible new users about that on your Homepage! If I knew I don´t know if I had bought.

Now I´m having fun with it and only can hope you´ll do an GUI update as well as there will be a responding server, whenever I need it, somewhere in the future

Stay safe and sound.
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Any news about oversampling? Does it have it or not, and if not how does it deal with aliasing?
Old 2 weeks ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimotei View Post
Any news about oversampling? Does it have it or not, and if not how does it deal with aliasing?
A bit strange really. Denise.audio comes to this forum to tell about the launch of their products. Three people ask the same simple question, and they are not able to respond. Maybe they only respond in their live stream thing. Certainly not going to spend another hour for that.

The product does not have oversampling, and I would like to know their view on this, why they chose not to implement it.
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:
A bit strange really. Denise.audio comes to this forum to tell about the launch of their products. Three people ask the same simple question, and they are not able to respond. Maybe they only respond in their live stream thing. Certainly not going to spend another hour for that.

The product does not have oversampling, and I would like to know their view on this, why they chose not to implement it.
Hey Stikkers, thanks for your question. Due to increased demand interest in denise plugins, we're currently experiencing a bit of a delay to get round to all questions. The question of oversampling will be answered as soon as we can.

Take care.
Old 2 weeks ago
GBP
Gear Nut

Perfect Room PDC reporting

Quote:
Hey all,

Best,
Joe
Hi Joe,

Has the PDC reporting in “perfect room” been fixed yet or in progress in relation to when the plugin has been bypassed. I am working in Cubase ( I know Ableton has some strange behaviour of not reporting properly in general) but when I bypass perfect room there is a delay/echo happening.

I know that this has been reported some time ago and you are aware of this. In all honesty I have not looked to see if there is an update yet. Hoping there might be less delay in samples as well
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by GBP View Post
Hi Joe,

Has the PDC reporting in “perfect room” been fixed yet or in progress in relation to when the plugin has been bypassed. I am working in Cubase ( I know Ableton has some strange behaviour of not reporting properly in general) but when I bypass perfect room there is a delay/echo happening.

I know that this has been reported some time ago and you are aware of this. In all honesty I have not looked to see if there is an update yet. Hoping there might be less delay in samples as well
I noticed this too, it might be latency?
Old 2 weeks ago
GBP
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by nichttuntun View Post
I noticed this too, it might be latency?
The plug is very high in latency for this type, around 100 samples and this delay/echo happens on a return. If testing other plugins on the return there is no echo when they are bypassed and all is normal, but “perfect room isn’t !! It causes a delay/echo when bypassed so can’t be reporting properly, I guess.....
Old 1 week ago
Quote:
Hey Stikkers, thanks for your question. Due to increased demand interest in denise plugins, we're currently experiencing a bit of a delay to get round to all questions. The question of oversampling will be answered as soon as we can.

Take care.
Nevermind! Take all the time you need to market your product and make fancy youtube videos, I won't be considering it anymore. Enough other alternatives around from developers that can actually answer simple questions or have stuff implemented so that I don't even have to ask them.
Old 6 days ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Nevermind! Take all the time you need to market your product and make fancy youtube videos, I won't be considering it anymore. Enough other alternatives around from developers that can actually answer simple questions or have stuff implemented so that I don't even have to ask them.
Hey Stikkers,

As you wish. We'll be answering the question as soon as we can.

Take care.
Joe
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search