The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
ADAM Audio Introduces the New T8V Studio Monitor
Old 4 weeks ago
News Desk Editor

ADAM Audio Introduces the New T8V Studio Monitor-unnamed-94-.jpg

New 8-inch Woofer Speaker Joins the Acclaimed T Series Lineup

Berlin, Germany (April 23, 2020) – ADAM Audio is extremely pleased to announce the all new T8V studio monitor, the latest addition to its award-winning T-Series line of professional studio monitors which offer renowned ADAM Audio performance, quality and reliability at a value price point. The T8V features an 8-inch woofer paired with powerful amplification. Its power and lower bass extension make it an ideal choice for project and home studios, clients who work in bass-heavy music genres such as hip hop, dance, ambient, dub and EDM, and those who work in non-electronic genres like funk, metal, blues and pop.

The new T8V offers performance and specifications unprecedented in its price class, with a frequency response that reaches down 33 Hz and the ability to project an impressive SPL of 118 dB per pair.

ADAM Audio’s acclaimed T-Series line of studio monitors was launched in 2018 with the T5V 5-inch woofer and T7V 7-inch woofer models, followed in 2019 by the T10S subwoofer. Just like the previous two monitors in the T-Series lineup, the T8V makes use of ADAM Audio technology developed for the company’s high end flagship S series available at a very affordable price point.

Its U-ART tweeter (Unique Accelerated Ribbon Tweeter) is mated to a sophisticated waveguide with the same dispersion-control attributes as the HPS waveguide in the S Series. The Class D amplifiers for tweeter and woofer offer ample power for the 8-inch woofer, delivering 20 W and 70 W respectively and providing 118 dB max SPL per pair.

All T Series models feature a beveled cabinet design, rear-firing bass reflex port, built-in DSP-controlled driver crossovers and equalization, and multi-way analog connections; and are compatible with the ADAM Audio T10S subwoofer.

“ADAM Audio is very well-known throughout the world for its high performance, precision studio monitors,” says Christian Hellinger, ADAM Audio´s Managing Director. “The T-Series offers renowned ADAM Audio monitor quality and precision to an even broader range of customers, and we are very pleased to be able to add the 8-inch woofer T8V to the family.”

The new T8V will be available by end of May 2020. Suggested Retail Price is $299 U.S excl VAT, 299 € incl. VAT and 259 £ incl VAT

More: https://www.adam-audio.com/en/t-series/t8v/
Attached Thumbnails
ADAM Audio Introduces the New T8V Studio Monitor-unnamed-94-.jpg  
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Head

The main question here that people will have is "How does this compare to the Yamaha HS8"?

Something I noticed was in the product video, drum 'n bass (highly applicable to me) was literally mentioned as the first example genre they'd be good for (and I noticed these do go lower in freq. range). However the HS8 seems to be the modern day NS10, thus "the standard," and maybe better for collaborating via distance, etc., hearing what they'll hear. I don't know.

Concerning T7V vs. HS7, it seems some say that the HS7 is more analytical and the T7V is more pleasurable, but I don't know (and I don't want monitors primarily for pleasure...want accuracy ofc). I've also seen the difference described as HS7 accurate, T7V both accurate and pleasurable.

Also, let's discuss which (T8V vs. HS8) has more hiss!

Well, looking forward to people chiming in for the death battle

Last edited by EnMouvemen7; 3 weeks ago at 02:40 PM..
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnMouvemen7 View Post
The main question here that people will have is "How does this compare to the Yamaha HS8"?

Something I noticed was in the product video, drum 'n bass (highly applicable to me) was literally mentioned as the first example genre they'd be good for (and I noticed these do go lower in freq. range). However the HS8 seems to be the modern day NS10, thus "the standard," and maybe better for collaborating via distance, etc., hearing what they'll hear. I don't know.

Concerning T7V vs. HS7, it seems some say that the HS7 is more analytical and the T7V is more pleasurable, but I don't know (and I don't want monitors primarily for pleasure...want accuracy ofc). I've also seen the difference described as HS7 accurate, T7V both accurate and pleasurable.

Also, let's discuss which (T8V vs. HS8) has more hiss!

Well, looking forward to people chiming in for the death battle
All of that, and the budget JBL LSR line is still better, at each size.
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear
Quote:
I have experience with HS8 and TV7.

The HS8 is garbage compared to it, people buy the HS range cause of the price more than the quality anyway...
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

I have the smaller ADAMs T5V and they are good with my EVE sub
But then I use DIRAC or Sonarworks to polish the sound in my somewhat treated room

Matti
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by VenVile View Post
All of that, and the budget JBL LSR line is still better, at each size.
all of what is better than what?
Old 3 weeks ago
Here for the gear

I've been thinking of upgrading from my yamaha HS5s (4 years and counting, but currently inaccessible due to the dang pandemic) as I build a home studio.

when will reviews come out for these? Would they sound like an upgrade from the HS5s? Either way this looks very promising and I'm looking forward to finding out more information!
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:
all of what is better than what?
I think, by all of that, he means despite. Obviously he is favoring Jbl to both Yamahas and Adams
Old 3 weeks ago
I’ve had HS8’s, T7V’s, and KRK’s and I will be upgrading my Adam’s to more Adams’s. They are honest but also pleasurable. Stick a reference mix you know well on some and see what you think, the T8V’s are on my wishlist. If you want absolute accuracy I would suggest the A7X’s. Most of my best mixes I feel came from having those in the room.
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Addict

I use HS7s at work and T7Vs at home. They are different but both good. Once you learn them and the room, they’re both capable. It’s a matter of taste, honestly. The Yamahas can sound a tad harsh at times, but the 7 is waaay better than the HS5, which I find not very good. As someone said, the HS8 is not as good as the HS7 either. I’ve used them all, and the 7 is the best of the pack regarding the HS line. I’m curious about this new T8V, though I reckon they’d be too big for my room. Love the T7V. Turning out some good mixes at home during the quarentine...
Old 3 weeks ago
Here for the gear
michaelpv how do you find the tight vertical dispersion on the t7v? Are you stuck sitting in a tight near field set up without much up and down movement or can you move around a slightly bigger space without the sound changing drastically?
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by chriswalkerband View Post
I’ve had HS8’s, T7V’s, and KRK’s and I will be upgrading my Adam’s to more Adams’s. They are honest but also pleasurable. Stick a reference mix you know well on some and see what you think, the T8V’s are on my wishlist. If you want absolute accuracy I would suggest the A7X’s. Most of my best mixes I feel came from having those in the room.
I agree, I use ADAM A7x and for me, personally, they are the best "most useful" nearfield monitors (for my room) that I've seen for sub 2 grand a pair.

They are a modern classic.

I've had various Yamaha's before now or tried them, they were at best 'ok' and at worst 'unworkable' (HS50ms), the best of their range will more than do the job if you learn them, but the ADAMs make it so much easier and more 'fun' (but not like genelec fun which = making even bad mixes sound good.. we don't want that!)
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear
33Hz seems like a bit of a stretch. Adam claims the T7V goes down to 39Hz but that must be -10db. I think the lab results for the t7v T7V showed 45Hz at -6db.

Also curious to see how the hiss is on these. The T7V wasn't nearly as bad as other budget monitors like JBL. But unlike other class d designs, the hiss actually gets worse on the T7V as you crank up the gain. And that seems to be the case with the T8V as well: The MusicTech review says there's an 'invasive hiss' from the amps at full volume. The 7's are relatively quiet monitors so you might need that extra gain. Maybe the 8's will be loud enough at 0db.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Head

I think another contender is the Fluid Audio FX80, which I also haven't tried. Thoughts?
Old 1 day ago
Here for the gear
Uuuuh..... Elephant in the room....

The T7Vs are clearly at the top of the line when it comes to getting a "bang" for your buck in the budget monitor's range. The only thing I have heard come close in that price range is a JBL...

The big ass, big eared animal rolling in mud in the corner of my room is, did one just waste money on the T7Vs because the 8's are that much better for little to no price difference, or do the 8s have that bottom that can lean towards sterile and immobile on the 7s... or not?!

Comparisons anyone? (I don't think anyone Adams has sent the T8Vs to wants to shrewdly compare the T7Vs to the T8s in any "objective" manner, or become "the opinion" that sparks the: "don't waste your money, buy the T7s instead flame".)
Old 1 day ago
Here for the gear
Yeah the early T8V reviews haven't had much substance.

How scooped are the mids?
Do they perform well at low and high volumes?
How cohesive is the ribbon tweeter + 8" woofer combo?
Is the limited vertical dispersion a problem?
How low do they really go at -6db or -3b?
Old 12 hours ago
Lives for gear
This is the first new product since Focusrite took over the business.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search