The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
IK Multimedia launches ARC System 3
Old 6 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by doom64 View Post
I think a trial is a available.
Yes.
But I would just be comparing the corrections of ARC 2 and ARC 3 using the original ARC measurement mic. That's not what I'm trying to find out. I already expect ARC 3 to be better.

What I would like to find out is if the ARC 3 correction curves resulting from measurements taken with the original ARC mic and the ARC 3 mic are reasonably the same or noticeably different? That would determine whether or not I would buy the new mic.
Old 6 days ago
Lives for gear

somebody knw where ARC save the measurements on a MAC?
Do you see ur profiles when u open ur standalone ARC Application, or does it start it always at the Analysis Screen (=Watch Tutorial)?

Thanks for the help!
Old 6 days ago
Gear Maniac

Does arc 3 allows you to bypass the treatment over a certain frequency? I really want to treat my low end since high frequencies are controlled in my room
Old 5 days ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by makasi View Post
Does arc 3 allows you to bypass the treatment over a certain frequency? I really want to treat my low end since high frequencies are controlled in my room
Yes, you can adjust the filter to bypass the low or the high end. You can even add your own custom curves to it to minorly tweak if you wanted to.
Old 5 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by play/record View Post
Yes.
But I would just be comparing the corrections of ARC 2 and ARC 3 using the original ARC measurement mic. That's not what I'm trying to find out. I already expect ARC 3 to be better.

What I would like to find out is if the ARC 3 correction curves resulting from measurements taken with the original ARC mic and the ARC 3 mic are reasonably the same or noticeably different? That would determine whether or not I would buy the new mic.
Got 'ya.
Old 5 days ago
Lives for gear

i wouldnt worry about the chair or yourself - the thing is calculating the whole room - ie the echoes in the corners - the boom in the room - i dont recon it cares about the chair or you - its doin the whole room

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert Hessmann View Post
Hello,
I'm about buying the Arc System and I've got some doubts...

My question is:

while I'm taking all the measurements (single seat at the production desk) do I need to be seated? I think that if I don't sit the reflections of the body will not be taken into account thus giving an erroneus freq response;at the same time if I stay seated it's impossible to place the mic where my head actually is.
Another doubt is about the head rest: should I remove that while taking measurements? Or should I remove the chair completely from the measurements points?

I'm really confused!

Cheers

Albert
Old 4 days ago
Company Rep

We do cover whether you should/can stay in the room as well as questions about windows etc in the ARC 3 FAQ section - and there's a lot more there too that might be helpful to some here. Thanks!
Old 4 days ago
Gear Nut

New to this thread and I don’t have the time to read all the way through it. But, my question is that once you take your measurements do you have to open up a plug-in in order for the correction to work? So say I’m not working on a session and I just want to listen to say Apple Music, is there a way I can listen to it with the corrected eq adjustments?
Old 4 days ago
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajscent View Post
i wouldnt worry about the chair or yourself - the thing is calculating the whole room - ie the echoes in the corners - the boom in the room - i dont recon it cares about the chair or you - its doin the whole room
yes,but since there are different configurations my main goal and focus is to have the best results in front of the mixing desk.
Old 4 days ago
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by fixdrummer80 View Post
New to this thread and I don’t have the time to read all the way through it. But, my question is that once you take your measurements do you have to open up a plug-in in order for the correction to work? So say I’m not working on a session and I just want to listen to say Apple Music, is there a way I can listen to it with the corrected eq adjustments?
Yes,you need to open the plugin in the master channel with the corrected eq and it must be absolutely the last in the chain.I don't know if they've got a standalone version "out of the daw"...I don't think so!
Old 4 days ago
Lives for gear

I have the Sonarworks one - I've done the sound measuring about 20 times now - and it hasnt changed from if i have left a chair in there or other objects - i think it just measures a broad thing of the room , like the corners - i dont think its that sensitive to measure people in a room. Like for instance i always get a 10db dip in bass - and no matter what i do or objects are in the room it always gives me the same dip whenever i measure

Quote:
yes,but since there are different configurations my main goal and focus is to have the best results in front of the mixing desk.
Old 4 days ago
Gear Nut

Quote:
Yes,you need to open the plugin in the master channel with the corrected eq and it must be absolutely the last in the chain.I don't know if they've got a standalone version "out of the daw"...I don't think so!
Thanks, it would be nice if it was a standalone version as well so you could monitor everything that comes out of your speakers has the corrected adjustments. So if I’m doing a lot of my listening on a streaming service listening to reference tracks I feel like I could get to know the monitors better. Know what I mean?
Old 4 days ago
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajscent View Post
I have the Sonarworks one - I've done the sound measuring about 20 times now - and it hasnt changed from if i have left a chair in there or other objects - i think it just measures a broad thing of the room , like the corners - i dont think its that sensitive to measure people in a room. Like for instance i always get a 10db dip in bass - and no matter what i do or objects are in the room it always gives me the same dip whenever i measure
ok,good to know!
Old 4 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Thanks, it would be nice if it was a standalone version as well so you could monitor everything that comes out of your speakers has the corrected adjustments. So if I’m doing a lot of my listening on a streaming service listening to reference tracks I feel like I could get to know the monitors better. Know what I mean?
Use something like audio hijack on Mac.
Old 4 days ago
Gear Nut

Quote:

There are easy work arounds. I use this.. referring to previous post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by melodic dreamer View Post
Found a video that might be helpful more than a screenshot.
It's not showing ARC specifically, but you'll get the idea.

Old 2 days ago
Lives for gear

System-wide solution

For those of you asking for system-wide monitoring, I've been using J River Media Center for many years, and it has system-wide plugin hosting. You just set you audio driver for your OS to J River Media Center, and run ARC System in Media Center as a plugin. IK Multimedia should list this solution in their FAQ.

I have a question: I own ARC 2. If I upgrade to ARC 3 software only, should I redo the room measurement using the previous mic? Or I just load the previous measurements I already made im ARC 2? Would redoing the meaurement with the old mic give me better results, if I only need to correct for my sitting position at my desk, for myself only (no other people uses my studio)?
Old 2 days ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunatique View Post
For those of you asking for system-wide monitoring, I've been using J River Media Center for many years, and it has system-wide plugin hosting. You just set you audio driver for your OS to J River Media Center, and run ARC System in Media Center as a plugin. IK Multimedia should list this solution in their FAQ.

I have a question: I own ARC 2. If I upgrade to ARC 3 software only, should I redo the room measurement using the previous mic? Or I just load the previous measurements I already made im ARC 2? Would redoing the meaurement with the old mic give me better results, if I only need to correct for my sitting position at my desk, for myself only (no other people uses my studio)?
The measurement process is slightly different for ARC3 so yes, you would need to run through the new setup to get your room profile.
I used the old mic and the end result is noticeably better for me (I'd also like to get a MEMs mic in the future).
Old 2 days ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunatique View Post
For those of you asking for system-wide monitoring, I've been using J River Media Center for many years, and it has system-wide plugin hosting. You just set you audio driver for your OS to J River Media Center, and run ARC System in Media Center as a plugin.
So this obviously works with any media files you play through J River Media Center, but what about listening to music on YouTube or Spotify? They run through the J River Media Center too?
Old 2 days ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter - IK View Post
Note we are now shipping the full boxed ARC 3 software + microphone bundle.
Does this include the pre-orders? I placed my order a month ago, and my status is still INPROGRESS.
Old 2 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTMNMF View Post
Does this include the pre-orders? I placed my order a month ago, and my status is still INPROGRESS.
My status is since 1st of May completed. When I ask after a while the help desk and also here, they told me that as soon they will ship it I can see a tracking nr. Then last Wednesday it just came. No tracking nr no change of status..
Old 2 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by candyflip View Post
So this obviously works with any media files you play through J River Media Center, but what about listening to music on YouTube or Spotify? They run through the J River Media Center too?
That's exactly what I said in my post--that you can use ARC System through J River Media on your entire OS, system-wide, by choosing J River's audio driver in your operating system. It basically routes your entire computer system's audio to J River Media Center, which is also where ARC System will be hosted. So all web sites, video, audio, system sounds, etc., are routed to J River Media Center.

I have different measurements I made in ARC for different usage scenarios. If I'm watching a movie, I push my chair back by a few feet since my 30" monitor is a bit too close otherwise. So I have a measurement specifically for watching movies from that distance to my desk. I have another measurement at my normal seating position for everything else (music production, leisurely listening, everyday web media watching, etc.). And since I have two sets of monitors, I have those two measurements for each of them, so that's four presets I switch between.

Last edited by Lunatique; 2 days ago at 10:57 PM..
Old 2 days ago
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by candyflip View Post

When using Sound Source you control everything. You just open it up and leave it on in the background. It's easy to turn it off if you want. Just close it out. I run youtube, iTunes, Spotify and everything else through it. you can set each volume differently if you want or you can use other plugins you already have for whatever tickles your fancy on various sources.
Old 2 days ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
When using Sound Source you control everything. You just open it up and leave it on in the background. It's easy to turn it off if you want. Just close it out. I run youtube, iTunes, Spotify and everything else through it. you can set each volume differently if you want or you can use other plugins you already have for whatever tickles your fancy on various sources.
Mac only
Old 1 day ago
Lives for gear

i finally could save a measurement and I have to say i love the improvement. Yesterday i finished 2 mixe and they translate very good and my whole setup sound better!
Old 19 hours ago
Lives for gear

ARC3 User Manual

There might be a typo in the user manual, unless I'm reading the description incorrectly. From Page 14:
"Orange (with 2 different gradients for Left and Right channels) shows the actual room response, grey shows the flat response of an ideal speakers/room system, and green (with 2 different gradients for Left and Right channels) shows the corrected room response applied by the ARC 3 system."

I think it should read that Orange shows the Corrected room response and Green shows the Actual room response, shouldn't it?

Apologies if this has already been discussed.
Old 17 hours ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Is jriver compatible with ASIO?
Old 13 hours ago
Hi Peter, one question. Is the microphone I will receive with my just ordered MTMs the same that is shipped now with Arc 3? Thanks, Geret
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search