The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Softube and Chandler Limited release Zener-Bender
Old 3 days ago
Gear Addict

Bought it yesterday while it was on offer and took it for a quick spin.

Very impressed so far.
Old 3 days ago
Gear Nut

I wasn't arguing whether the price is right or wrong. I only said that it is not surprising. PA, Softube and UAD have such prices. Others of course don't. For the record though I think that even they start to reduce their prices. Even if it is through sales and coupons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eagle007 View Post
Some of the hardware clones of some of the famous compressors and EQ's are even cheaper than a lot of the well known branded plugin emulations.
A) Hardware doesn't mean better than software by definition.
B) Mass production techniques have evolved and cheap hardware is possible. I don't know if this impacts quality though.
Old 2 days ago
Lives for gear

The curve bender is great. I love it already. Love the look and more important the sound.

Will give the zener a spin the next days.
Sad that there is no upgrade path to the germanium comp.
Old 2 days ago
I completely understand the frustration at the pricing policies of Softube, PA, etc... however The Curve Bender at $139 (with code) this weekend is a complete no-brainer, just the box tone alone is worth the price of admission. This also opens up a $149 upgrade path to the Zener and the full suite, these prices for these two plugins standalone is really nothing to throw a tantrum about considering the quality of these tools! Plus you get the ability to use them in a single instance AND the C1 version. We all know the game with these companies is to wait for the sale, lurk here on the boards until word gets around... once I demoed the EQ there was no way I couldn't grab the Curve Bender at that price.
Old 2 days ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantomcenter View Post
I completely understand the frustration at the pricing policies of Softube, PA, etc... however The Curve Bender at $139 (with code) this weekend is a complete no-brainer, just the box tone alone is worth the price of admission. This also opens up a $149 upgrade path to the Zener and the full suite, these prices for these two plugins standalone is really nothing to throw a tantrum about considering the quality of these tools! Plus you get the ability to use them in a single instance AND the C1 version. We all know the game with these companies is to wait for the sale, lurk here on the boards until word gets around... once I demoed the EQ there was no way I couldn't grab the Curve Bender at that price.
Yeah you're right. Now do I buy into softube or hold my horses? One day to decide. ugh.
Old 2 days ago
Lives for gear

Demoing the Curve Bender now, but was it really $99 recently? Or was that only if you owned the Tube Tech?
Old 2 days ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melodeath View Post
Demoing the Curve Bender now, but was it really $99 recently? Or was that only if you owned the Tube Tech?
Yeah I think you're right. So it's the best value to get onboard for non TT customers.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search