The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Massenburg MDWEQ v6 is out
Old 29th March 2020
Lives for gear

Massenburg MDWEQ v6 is out

Updated with real-time analytics and new filters ..
https://massenburgdesignworks.com/
Attached Thumbnails
Massenburg MDWEQ v6 is out-69798592-55e1-47b7-a536-b0e754b4816b.jpg  
Old 29th March 2020
Lives for gear

Still pro tools only
Old 29th March 2020
I'm sure it's an awesome EQ, and obviously how it sounds it what really matters, but it blows my mind that anyone would put so much work in making something high quality, and not put a little more effort into the UI, it ain't rocket science.
Old 29th March 2020
Gear Maniac

With a modern GUI and support for VST AU this could be really note worthy.
Old 29th March 2020
Lives for gear

Why would anybody alienate so many potential customers and make something one daw only? I can understand if protools licensed this to be protools only is that the case?
Old 29th March 2020
Gear Head

I'm certain this will be out on the UAD platform soon enough
Old 29th March 2020
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vox_Humana View Post
I'm certain this will be out on the UAD platform soon enough
Very likely, I hope so. I use the MDWEQ5 on UAD platform and find the lack of analyzer makes me go for Pro Q3 a lot instead. I do like the MDWEQ5 a lot but fairly old outdated gui (read: small, not resizeable, 'flat') really is begging for visual makeover to win me over. Lets see.
Old 29th March 2020
Gear Nut

Ok I just saw the promo video, a total snooze fest I'm sorry to say. Feels like something out of the 90s, no demonstration of its new features in action, slow talking/mumbling, I know I'm coming off negative but this is a really underwhelming marketing release effort.
Old 29th March 2020
OMU
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by trevon View Post
Why would anybody alienate so many potential customers and make something one daw only? I can understand if protools licensed this to be protools only is that the case?
A (literally) old school guy?

I admit, I love the sound of MDW Eq, I would happily use it as my main eq if it was native AU/VST (have the UAD version, but I tend to free myself from that platform lately, especially since there are so many excellent native options now).

OTOH, the new GUI looks somehow worse than the old one to me.
Old 29th March 2020
any upgrade pricing for uad owners?
Old 29th March 2020
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insanelysane View Post
Very likely, I hope so. I use the MDWEQ5 on UAD platform and find the lack of analyzer makes me go for Pro Q3 a lot instead. I do like the MDWEQ5 a lot but fairly old outdated gui (read: small, not resizeable, 'flat') really is begging for visual makeover to win me over. Lets see.
Yes, it's borderline unusable (UAD version) because of the GUI. I never use it because of that. Hope for an update soonish - first will be Luna of course
Old 29th March 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Stravinsky View Post
Still pro tools only
this...

...and more than the eq, a dynamics processor has been on the radar for a couple of years now; about a year ago, i asked gm whether it would finally become available to the public and his answer was 'very soon'; not sure what has happened since?!
Old 29th March 2020
Gear Addict

this is so sad
That would look good on Win98 however
Old 29th March 2020
Lives for gear

Does anybody know about options for trial of V6 AAX Native?
Briefly looked to AVID shop under my account, but I found just straight purchase of the plugin.. compared to some other plugins sold via AVID, where is possible to request trial.
MDW site has links to installers, but I haven't found any iLok redeem code for trial license.
There's also some option to create account at MDW site, but I'm not sure, whether it will reveal some options to demo the plugin.. Has anybody tried that member area?

Michal
Old 29th March 2020
Lives for gear

May look old-school, but I find v5 to sound incredible and the gui forces me to use my ear.

Solo, sweep, dip = gone
Old 29th March 2020
UAD MDW5 EQ has been my fav EQ for cutting nasty frequencies out of vocals. More so than Fabfilter and DMG
Old 29th March 2020
I find the simplicity of the GUI refreshing. The plug performs a specific function and all of the parameters are in plain sight.
Old 29th March 2020
Gear Addict

UA says it's up to MDW to bring this update to UAD: https://uadforum.com/general-discuss...tml#post326007

I guess let's reach out to them & ask
Old 29th March 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by deedeeyeah View Post
this...

...and more than the eq, a dynamics processor has been on the radar for a couple of years now; about a year ago, i asked gm whether it would finally become available to the public and his answer was 'very soon'; not sure what has happened since?!
On the radar for a couple years? His compressor plugin has existed at least as early as 2009, possibly earlier I'd assume it's gone through multiple revisions since then but yeah...
Old 29th March 2020
Lives for gear

If you are complaining about the GUI or the promo video you don't get it. This is a legend showing off his amazing EQ plug-in. One of the best sounding EQ plug-ins for years! Maybe google George Massenburg and then try the plug-in before complaining about anything. I can't wait to upgrade to this. Been using this since v2.
Old 29th March 2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustgroove View Post
UA says it's up to MDW to bring this update to UAD: https://uadforum.com/general-discuss...tml#post326007

I guess let's reach out to them & ask
great UA representative sending clients to ask MDW instead of start talking to MDW themselves and bring this to their clients
Old 29th March 2020
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by icecubeman View Post
great UA representative sending clients to ask MDW instead of start talking to MDW themselves and bring this to their clients
I read it more as UA having no bearing at all on what their 3rd party devs bring to the UAD platform, but yes that reply was a little dispassionate
Old 29th March 2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustgroove View Post
I read it more as UA having no bearing at all on what their 3rd party devs bring to the UAD platform, but yes that reply was a little dispassionate
In this case, I dont ask MDW for upgrade on UAD platform but for crossgrade....
Old 29th March 2020
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by icecubeman View Post
In this case, I dont ask MDW for upgrade on UAD platform but for crossgrade....
Definitely keen for an upgrade for UAD
Old 29th March 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by XKAudio View Post
May look old-school, but I find v5 to sound incredible and the gui forces me to use my ear.

Solo, sweep, dip = gone
From Bob Ludwig:

That’s a perfect example of how I’m using the MDW EQ. Again, it’s a very high quality digital equalizer; very low noise. Some of the equalizers that come free with digital workstations are worth just that. They’re worth “free,” because some of them don’t sound very good at all, and are noisy. When you use them to equalize a certain frequency, you can show with a graph what it is doing, but when you listen with your ears, you say, “I’m only boosting the bass but the snare transients seem to have lessened quite a lot in the process.”

With George’s EQ it can leave the transients alone much better than many digital domain equalizers.

George’s equalizers are something I use everyday, either in the analog or digital domain. I can honestly say that his products, whether analog or digital, are workhorses for me and I’d be crying without them.
Old 29th March 2020
Lives for gear

So many ridiculously good eq's available at the moment, who cares...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Stravinsky View Post
Still pro tools only
Old 29th March 2020
Lives for gear

The moment this thing pops onto UAD, I will upgrade.
UAD MDW5 is always amazing, been my staple for a long time.
Old 29th March 2020
Gear Maniac
Would loooove a demo
Old 29th March 2020
Lives for gear

I have version 2 and never upgraded - no upgrade path for me.
I am sticking with FF Pro Q3. it really is the best EQ I have ever used. The ability to make a bank dynamic even or Linear Phase etc.. It's a killer EQ its got everything.
Old 29th March 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by by-tor View Post
If you are complaining about the GUI or the promo video you don't get it. This is a legend showing off his amazing EQ plug-in. One of the best sounding EQ plug-ins for years! Maybe google George Massenburg and then try the plug-in before complaining about anything. I can't wait to upgrade to this. Been using this since v2.
I'm pretty sure that most people know who Massenburg is and the great work he has done.

I don't use Protools anymore, so this plug in is not for me, but when I look at the GUI, I'm not lying when I say it gives off a Myspace sort of vibe, with those crazy colors and graphics. It just looks dated. And no, I am not doubting the sound quality or anything like that.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search