The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
HoRNet releases TOTAL EQ Plug-In
Old 26th March 2020
News Desk Editor

HoRNet releases TOTAL EQ Plug-In-hornet-total-eq-1.0-screenshot.png

HoRNet TOTAL EQ is a precise and versatile equalizer with a handy spectrum analyzer. The peculiar feature of TOTAL EQ is that every parameter of each equalizer band can be controlled from the control point on the frequency chart, this simply means that you will never have to look around to find the controls for the band you are editing, but everything will be there right at your mouse pointer reach.

The equalizer itself is very versatile providing up to 12 different bands, any of them can behave like digital precise EQs or can have analog character. The analog emulation in this plugin is the most advanced we have ever made, of course it emulates the saturation of analog gear but also the component tolerance so that no band behaves like another. In a few words it means a slight level of unpredictability that make things more interesting and “alive”.

TOTAL EQ is available now for just 27,99€ (about 30 USD) on https://www.hornetplugins.com/plugins/hornet-total-eq/

Remember that on every plugin we make we offer 100% money back guarantee within 15 days from purchase if you are not satisfied!
Attached Thumbnails
HoRNet releases TOTAL EQ Plug-In-hornet-total-eq-1.0-screenshot.png  
Old 27th March 2020
Lives for gear
Thanks for your great plugins, Saverio!
I hope my post is not counter-productive, but:
Especially in these uncertain times and especially when Italy (and other places), have been hit so hard by the virus, I really just want to support the small independent plug-in developers like Hornet, Sinevibes, SKnote, Acon, Airwindows, etc. I bought this plugin without demoing it because I want to support Saverio and Hornet. Hornet's prices are so reasonable and the quality and innovation is definitely there. I appreciate what he brings to the world of plugins.
Thanks!
Old 27th March 2020
Gear Addict

I like it, but really would be nice/efficient having scroll wheel for Q like Pro-Q.
Old 27th March 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeegee 303 View Post
Thanks for your great plugins, Saverio!
I hope my post is not counter-productive, but:
Especially in these uncertain times and especially when Italy (and other places), have been hit so hard by the virus, I really just want to support the small independent plug-in developers like Hornet, Sinevibes, SKnote, Acon, Airwindows, etc. I bought this plugin without demoing it because I want to support Saverio and Hornet. Hornet's prices are so reasonable and the quality and innovation is definitely there. I appreciate what he brings to the world of plugins.
Thanks!
Damn, you're a nice guy. I agree that we need to support the small devs now more than ever. As someone who used to be a self employed developer I know how difficult it can be even in the good times... I lived from month to month at best.

Let us know how you get on with this, it looks great. I have most of Saverio's stuff and it's quality gear at cheap prices. Is this a ProQ for chump change?
Old 27th March 2020
Lives for gear

Hi Thank you guys, we have already issued an update to fix some bugs that people spoiled, we'll work more on the plugin in the next days and months

I appreciate your support but there's no need to rush buying it, the plugin won't go anywhere, just demo and give us feedback and we are happy with it

Really, you can get it when financially we all do better.

Thank you once again
Saverio
Old 27th March 2020
Gear Guru
If anyone wants to try a superior eq try the se34eq for free. Class move and one of the best midrange eq’s at any price. Hornet is first rate!.....don’t let the price fool you....!
Old 28th March 2020
MSF
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoRNet View Post
Hi Thank you guys, we have already issued an update to fix some bugs that people spoiled, we'll work more on the plugin in the next days and months

I appreciate your support but there's no need to rush buying it, the plugin won't go anywhere, just demo and give us feedback and we are happy with it

Really, you can get it when financially we all do better.

Thank you once again
Saverio
Hi don't get me wrong.is this plugin somewhat inspired by the fab filter eq?
Old 28th March 2020
Gear Addict

New update crashes Cubase 10.5 (windows) seconds after putting it on a track, even in a blank project. Says C++ runtime error. First version did not have this issue.

Tried it in Reaper. At first, dragging around a new curve did not change it... had to hit a button (Analog, Saturation, anything) to make the curve "jump" to its new spot. After about 30 seconds, it made my mouse cursor disappear until I quit Reaper.
Old 28th March 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSF View Post
If it is, it's in good company... The new Slate eq and the SKNote MainEQ (to name but two) are cleary inspired by the Fab Filter one. And that's no bad thing because I could never afford the Fab Filter in a month of Sundays!
Old 29th March 2020
MSF
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by cprompt View Post
If it is, it's in good company... The new Slate eq and the SKNote MainEQ (to name but two) are cleary inspired by the Fab Filter one. And that's no bad thing because I could never afford the Fab Filter in a month of Sundays!
Couldn’t have agreed more.I'm on tight budget and was thinking of something alternative to fab filter pro.Have you tried the total eq?
Old 29th March 2020
Gear Head

I really hope people will demo this and give it a real shot. The developer is a fantastic guy and in the midst of all that is happening in Italy.
Stay safe Saverio
Old 29th March 2020
Lives for gear

Sonically,this blows Fabfilter Pro-Q3 out of the water.i get people like Pro-Q because of its functionality,but there has been much better utilitarian EQ's out there that annihilate it sonically for a long while,and that are a lot cheaper too.overrated plugin IMO

I'm confused how the saturation is per band on this.they all seem to distort the entire spectrum equally?or am i missing something.the GUI freezes FL by the way if you don't mess around with some setting in the wrapper window.really wish they would implement buffering etc the way everybody else does it as a lot of the time,plugins can sound and behave wildly different in FL compared to other DAW's due to the flexibility of its plugin wrapping.its usually a bad thing more often than not for GUI's and for sound and some plugins simply don't sound right at all in FL e.g the ToneEmpire/Beatskillz and older Acustica stuff are just a few i can think of recently
Old 29th March 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vox_Humana View Post
I really hope people will demo this and give it a real shot. The developer is a fantastic guy and in the midst of all that is happening in Italy.
Stay safe Saverio
I did.

This EQ approximates the quality of the top one for me at the moment of algo eqs being Crave EQ. And as much as I liked TotalEQ it doesnt do what Crave does: buttery smooth with a bit of depth in the sound.

@ saverio , check out Crave EQ and you will hear what I mean.
If you can match that,well you have a winner.
Old 30th March 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSF View Post
Well, there are a lot "paragraphical" EQs out there, not only FabFilter's, this one is our take on this kind of plugin

Saverio
Old 30th March 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by zachaction View Post
New update crashes Cubase 10.5 (windows) seconds after putting it on a track, even in a blank project. Says C++ runtime error. First version did not have this issue.

Tried it in Reaper. At first, dragging around a new curve did not change it... had to hit a button (Analog, Saturation, anything) to make the curve "jump" to its new spot. After about 30 seconds, it made my mouse cursor disappear until I quit Reaper.
Is that with the VST3? we found an issue with parameter handling that is going to be fixed this week with an update.

Saverio
Old 30th March 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idontcare View Post
Sonically,this blows Fabfilter Pro-Q3 out of the water.i get people like Pro-Q because of its functionality,but there has been much better utilitarian EQ's out there that annihilate it sonically for a long while,and that are a lot cheaper too.overrated plugin IMO

I'm confused how the saturation is per band on this.they all seem to distort the entire spectrum equally?or am i missing something.the GUI freezes FL by the way if you don't mess around with some setting in the wrapper window.really wish they would implement buffering etc the way everybody else does it as a lot of the time,plugins can sound and behave wildly different in FL compared to other DAW's due to the flexibility of its plugin wrapping.its usually a bad thing more often than not for GUI's and for sound and some plugins simply don't sound right at all in FL e.g the ToneEmpire/Beatskillz and older Acustica stuff are just a few i can think of recently
Hi thank you very much.

the saturation is per band but od course if you use a bell shaped eq you are boosting or cutting each frequency also the rest of the spectrum is affected (but of course affected more in the boosted area)

Regarding the issues with FL, there's nothing in this plugin that requires a fixed buffersize but we have found a couple of issues with the VST3 so if you are using that kind of format please wait for the update we are going to release on Thursday that it'll fix it.

Saverio
Old 30th March 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Hi thank you very much.

the saturation is per band but od course if you use a bell shaped eq you are boosting or cutting each frequency also the rest of the spectrum is affected (but of course affected more in the boosted area)

Regarding the issues with FL, there's nothing in this plugin that requires a fixed buffersize but we have found a couple of issues with the VST3 so if you are using that kind of format please wait for the update we are going to release on Thursday that it'll fix it.

Saverio
my bad i went off on a tangent about how annoying FL's wrapping is.i wasn't implying there was an issue with buffer size,but you do need to set an option within the wrapper to stop TotalEQ from freezing FL Studios GUI(it wont do anything until you bypass it otherwise).i've seen a couple of other people mention it doing in other DAW's too,but in FL if you disengage "send loop position"it seems to not do it
Old 30th March 2020
Gear Nut
hard to pass up at this price. any thoughts on adding mid-side functionality?
Old 1st April 2020
Lives for gear

Hi Saverio, I like the idea of having analog EQ behavoir and different strength of saturation per band. Great idea. Everybody at the moment seems to rave about CraveEQ, but Saverio, I do sympathize with your ambition in general and especially your concept for total EQ more. I do adore your saturation algo for SW34EQ MK II and I know you got the magic in the bits. I already got DMG Audio Equilibrium and FF Q3 and so...

... may I dare to ask if it is possible for the future that you perhaps could implement more saturation or perhaps even distortion models like for example in the renown Wavesfactory Spectre (I like the saturation modes not too much)?
Those features combined with your high class analog behaving EQ for me would be a complete game changer and as far as I know there isn't such a thing on the market yet. I'm very curious about your future plans for total EQ. Can you reveal a bit more yet?

I have a certain feeling that it would be good to support you here because there might be an awesome plugin in the making... At the moment I see TotalEQ as a great starting point for making a diamond one day, sculptured out of a raw piece of coal. I feel you're up to something really big and I want to journey with you.
Old 1st April 2020
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by nichttuntun View Post
Hi Saverio, I like the idea of having analog EQ behavoir and different strength of saturation per band. Great idea. Everybody at the moment seems to rave about CraveEQ, but Saverio, I do sympathize with your ambition in general and especially your concept for total EQ more. I do adore your saturation algo for SW34EQ MK II and I know you got the magic in the bits. I already got DMG Audio Equilibrium and FF Q3 and so...

... may I dare to ask if it is possible for the future that you perhaps could implement more saturation or perhaps even distortion models like for example in the renown Wavesfactory Spectre (I like the saturation modes not too much)?
Those features combined with your high class analog behaving EQ for me would be a complete game changer and as far as I know there isn't such a thing on the market yet. I'm very curious about your future plans for total EQ. Can you reveal a bit more yet?

I have a certain feeling that it would be good to support you here because there might be an awesome plugin in the making... At the moment I see TotalEQ as a great starting point for making a diamond one day, sculptured out of a raw piece of coal. I feel you're up to something really big and I want to journey with you.
Whoa, incorporating different saturation types per band to TotalEQ would REALLY be a game changer. I'm all in!!
Old 1st April 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinisterbr View Post
Whoa, incorporating different saturation types per band to TotalEQ would REALLY be a game changer. I'm all in!!
Especially with the ingenious saturation algos Saverio can write.
Old 2nd April 2020
Lives for gear

Hi Saverio,
I played a lot with TotalEQ-Demo and I like the overall sound and the behavoir. It is a relatively smooth sounding EQ and not transparent and not too harsh on the upper frequencies.

Those positions I recognized while using it.

Clicking the yellow frequency points (and Q-bar) isn´t always easy. Sometimes it´s hit and miss. And if you click them for further Band-Adjustments, they do move.

I miss mouse-wheel adjustments.

I often deleted those points by double-clicking (not used to that due to a missing "disable" feature

I am missing badly a disable-feature for each band-point

I am missing badly a pre-listening feature, where only the filter-effect can be heard.

Band-Curves are chittering lightly although no dynamic curves are activated

I am missing handles on the dynamic curves

I think the EQ really needs an option to leave the once set frequency points untouched and do the fine adjustments (db adjustments etc) from another position, so you cannot change things accidentically any more.

I love to see more curve-types, flat bottom curve for example. Pultec-Style would be awesome too.

I think it needs an un-do function very urgently

Don´t get me wrong, I like it so far but we are all so spoiled by this one particular product out there for a long time...that with other products, missing those comfort options, immediately feels "not right".

I think Total EQ has great big potential and I am curious where this one will stand in the end. I´d be glad you could reveal a bit more of your plans to make this one awesomely stand out against the 100 competitors.

BECAUSE, the analog and saturation-feature of this EQ is AMAZING!!! It feels so legit. I certainly want to see more of that and I do even like a far more intense (over 10) saturation and other saturation (and why not distortion) models too, that would be my dream EQ for sound design and mixing...

Thank you for doing all your stuff so passionated.
Old 2nd April 2020
Lives for gear

Hi everyone thank you for the suggestion and feedback you gave us, we listened and released a 1.1.0 version with many bug fixes and some improvement:

Fixed crash with WaveLab
Fixed slow load times
Changed aspect ratio to 16:9
Improved compatibility with Macs before 2012
Minor cosmetic fixes
Added three more filter types
Improved spectrum analyser and merging response
Added display of peak spectrum
Added mouse wheel control for filter Q
Set control dot color different for each EQ band
Added different default filter type for different spectrum areas

You can download it from your user area on https://www.hornetplugins.com

Thank you
Saverio
Old 2nd April 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Hi everyone thank you for the suggestion and feedback you gave us, we listened and released a 1.1.0 version with many bug fixes and some improvement:

Fixed crash with WaveLab
Fixed slow load times
Changed aspect ratio to 16:9
Improved compatibility with Macs before 2012
Minor cosmetic fixes
Added three more filter types
Improved spectrum analyser and merging response
Added display of peak spectrum
Added mouse wheel control for filter Q
Set control dot color different for each EQ band
Added different default filter type for different spectrum areas

You can download it from your user area on https://www.hornetplugins.com

Thank you
Saverio
Thank you Saverio, I have to add to my prior post, that I found the way, you can change db-tweaking and frequency sweeping without clicking on the dots position - my fault, or maybe new in the latest version? I like the big red new dots btw. They seem to be better grabbed by the mouse-clicks.

I checked the new demo and found those things.

If you set a bell at the very right edge of the sreen (bell curve going out of the frame), you cannot use the mouse in the db-window to change the intensity of the bell-db any more.
If you set a shelf or bell at the very left of the screen frame, you cannot control the amount of saturation any more. The values simply do not react to input cause they are overlapping with the level-meters.

It´s a nice addition to change curve of Q with mouse wheel, but that takes very long. It´s working slowly.

it´s great to change the frequency position of a pointer with the left buttom hold down and moving the mouse, but sometimes this works very slow and sometimes that works overly fast without any chance of fine control.

Chittering of curves, although dynamic is off, is still there in some areas.

I couldn´t make out any keyboard combinations for slower movements for db- or frequency position- adjustments in combination with the mouse-dialing.

Hmmm, the new version 2x in a row crashed Cantabile (and the rest of my system) on my test-system, a high-end win10 system, in under 15 Minutes. It seems like it also freaked out the graphic cards chip. I won´t install it in my studio yet.

Much work to do I guess. If you need some more information, please let me know. Thank you for caring...

...Damn, I like how it´s sounding, indeed
Old 2nd April 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinisterbr View Post
Yeah having the saturation implemented in the way its done in Spectre(my most used plugin for this stuff now)would be highly desired.especially with Saverios saturation models from SW
34,the channel strip and the Juno chorus model
Old 3rd April 2020
Gear Head

Look forward to trying this, already a fan of sw34 mkii which is just great.

I will try it when i can, until then, is it possible to turn the analyser off? If so is there a save as default option? I'd also like this on sw34mkii if ever possible.
Old 3rd April 2020
Lives for gear

Yeah i think the analyser is causing it to stutter in FL whenever you disengage/bypass it and steals keyboard focus which causes FL to crash sometimes but mostly it stops responding to keyboard input in the playlist.runs fine in Reaper from what i can tell and i tried it in Bitwig as well and seems to be good.fewkin fruity.always fewkin fruity
Old 4th April 2020
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by nichttuntun View Post
If you set a bell at the very right edge of the sreen (bell curve going out of the frame), you cannot use the mouse in the db-window to change the intensity of the bell-db any more.
If you set a shelf or bell at the very left of the screen frame, you cannot control the amount of saturation any more. The values simply do not react to input cause they are overlapping with the level-meters.
Got this too in Reaper 5.978 Windows 10 TotalEQ 1.1.0. I was unable to change the filter type on a LP filter because that box was partly hidden by the level meters.
Old 5th April 2020
Gear Head

Definitely interested in checking this out. Can anyone comment on CPU hit? The other HoRNet stuff I've picked up has all been very reasonable in terms of CPU, wondering if this is the same?
Old 6th April 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by LASTLAVGH View Post
Definitely interested in checking this out. Can anyone comment on CPU hit? The other HoRNet stuff I've picked up has all been very reasonable in terms of CPU, wondering if this is the same?
CPU usage can very a lot since every filter you add increases the CPU usage, also enabling saturation, analog and dynamic mode increases CPU even more.

You should try on your system and see your usage. The basic filters are light on CPU.

Saverio
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search