The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
HoRNet releases TOTAL EQ Plug-In
Old 11th April 2020
  #61
Lives for gear
 
nichttuntun's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoRNet View Post
We run short sales very often, so keep an eye on our socials and check you email, in fact we have just started a 50% flash sale that it'll last only until tomorrow.

Saverio
Unfortunately total EQ isn't included in the sale yet
Old 11th April 2020
  #62
Gear Maniac
 
Durk Diggler's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by nichttuntun View Post
Unfortunately total EQ isn't included in the sale yet
It was released two weeks ago. Too soon to look for it in a sale?
Old 11th April 2020
  #63
Lives for gear
 
nichttuntun's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durk Diggler View Post
It was released two weeks ago. Too soon to look for it in a sale?
I was just joking. 27 Euro is a bargain for this EQ
Old 2 weeks ago
  #64
Lives for gear
 
nichttuntun's Avatar
 

Hi Saverio, thank you for the update. I couldn´t refuse buying and supporting such a great creative process in work
Have joy and be sound.
Old 2 weeks ago
  #65
News Desk Editor
 
The Press Desk's Avatar
 

HoRNet updates Total EQ to version 1.2.0

The new 1.2.0 version is a feature release and includes:
  • Reworked band controls to improve usability.
  • Added Listen button for every band.
  • Added Mute button for every band.
  • Added Source selector and M/S mode for every band.
  • Fixed issue with mouse pointer disappearing when dragging Q slider.

The update is free for owners of the plugin and can be downloaded from the user area on www.hornetplugins.com

Old 2 weeks ago
  #66
Lives for gear
 
nichttuntun's Avatar
 

This EQ sounds awesome even if boosted very high. As well in the lows as in the mid and high frequencies. The option to put analog output (small differences between L/R) plus saturation on selected bands is awesome. So you can spare out the low end and only apply for the mid and upper regions if you like.

My mouse still goes much to fast when I grap the frequency selection to drag around and unfortunately it again crushed 2x in a row on a Win10 8-core System, using VST2.4 version.

But I am holding on, I am convinced this EQ will be rock solid and feature packed to the max one day and hopefully a bit smoother to use

Rock an Saverio
Old 2 weeks ago
  #67
Lives for gear
 
nichttuntun's Avatar
 

In the studio / Win7, Cubase 8Pro / VST3

I found this things.

- Mute-Knob is not working
- Weird mouse behavoir, no fine adjusting possible
- Volume in and out level-bars seem to react completely incorrect to the in- and outgoing audio.
- No crashes so far
- Cubase shows no progress bar when rendering, while Total EQ is in the project
- Rendering did destroy the gain staging, rendered version with Total EQ was drastically louder although level where matched (occured only 1 time)

Have a nice evening...
Old 2 weeks ago
  #68
Lives for gear
 
nichttuntun's Avatar
 

Simple procession example, some dynamic in the lows, boosting mids and highs, played with side-processing and saturation and analog settings.

Same scenario-chain. 1x with Total EQ at the end of the chain and 1x without Total EQ. Enjoy

Plugin used:
Microtonic - Sonic Charge
Track Comp2 1176A - DMG
Perfect Room - Denise Audio
God Mode - Audio
Total EQ - Hornet
Attached Files

without Total EQ.mp3 (627.3 KB, 887 views)

with Total EQ.mp3 (627.3 KB, 878 views)

Old 2 weeks ago
  #69
Gear Addict
 

The only Hornet plug I own is ThirtyOne. Gonna buy this without demo because I use ThirtyOne in Continous Mode on all Orchestral Instruments in a mix. Violin. Cello., etc. Those instruments produce sound that is so unpredictable yet Hornet ThirtyOne figures it all out for me in a musical way with movement and emotion.
Old 2 weeks ago
  #70
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by nichttuntun View Post
In the studio / Win7, Cubase 8Pro / VST3

I found this things.

- Mute-Knob is not working
- Weird mouse behavoir, no fine adjusting possible
- Volume in and out level-bars seem to react completely incorrect to the in- and outgoing audio.
- No crashes so far
- Cubase shows no progress bar when rendering, while Total EQ is in the project
- Rendering did destroy the gain staging, rendered version with Total EQ was drastically louder although level where matched (occured only 1 time)

Have a nice evening...
Hi please help me understand.

- Mute button is working perfectly fine over here, it should just temporarily disable the processing of a specific band, is that with VST or VST3?

- A video would be helpful since again my trackpad is working fine

- Also what do you exaclty mean ? input and output meters are digital peak meters so should follow the respective digital levels

- I think the rendering issue is due to some VST3 weird behaviour, can you confirm your tests are done with the VST3 version?

thank you
Saverio
Old 2 weeks ago
  #71
Lives for gear
 
nichttuntun's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoRNet View Post
Hi please help me understand.

- Mute button is working perfectly fine over here, it should just temporarily disable the processing of a specific band, is that with VST or VST3?

- A video would be helpful since again my trackpad is working fine

- Also what do you exaclty mean ? input and output meters are digital peak meters so should follow the respective digital levels

- I think the rendering issue is due to some VST3 weird behaviour, can you confirm your tests are done with the VST3 version?

thank you
Saverio
Hi.

Mute-buttom: worked in VST2 on Win10/ Cantabile without problem
Mute-buttom: did not work as a VST3 on Win7/ Cubase Pro8

Can´t record on video, do not have the software.

In-Output meter worked as should in VST2 version on above mentioned system, did act quite awkward in the VST3 version on the Win7/Cubase system

I suggest a keyboard buttom to press down for giving us slow adjustable value input. Alt or CTR on a PC for example. On both systems, the mouse doesn´t act finetuned, much to fast.

Sound-wise: WOW!!! Just great!
Old 2 weeks ago
  #72
Lives for gear
 
cprompt's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by nichttuntun View Post
Can´t record on video, do not have the software.
You want this. Save it as a gif and post it here. As you're only demonstrating mouse behaviour, no audio is required so this should be fine.
Old 2 weeks ago
  #73
Gear Nut
Quote:
Originally Posted by JfromRVA View Post
The only Hornet plug I own is ThirtyOne. Gonna buy this without demo because I use ThirtyOne in Continous Mode on all Orchestral Instruments in a mix. Violin. Cello., etc. Those instruments produce sound that is so unpredictable yet Hornet ThirtyOne figures it all out for me in a musical way with movement and emotion.
have heard good things about thirtyone and finally picked it up after reading this, especially since it's currently on sale for a whole 8 euros. highly recommend checking out tape and analogstage as well which can also be had for close to free on the current sale.
Old 2 weeks ago
  #74
Gear Addict
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaytron View Post
have heard good things about thirtyone and finally picked it up after reading this, especially since it's currently on sale for a whole 8 euros. highly recommend checking out tape and analogstage as well which can also be had for close to free on the current sale.
Awesome! When using it in Continous Mode make sure to switch to Custom Compensation. This allows you to draw a HP and make other manual adjustments so that you don't get out of context boost when working with string instruments.

Check out the dev's video here for an explanation:
Old 2 weeks ago
  #75
Lives for gear
 

Total EQ 1.2.1

Hi everyone, we have just released the 1.2.1 version that contains a couple fo fixes:
  • General stability improvements
  • Fixed mute button not working in VST3

The update is of course free for owners of the plugin and can be downloaded from the user area on https://www.hornetplugins.com

Saverio
Old 2 weeks ago
  #76
Lives for gear
 
nichttuntun's Avatar
 

Wow. That was fast. Thank you!
Old 2 days ago
  #77
Here for the gear
 
plgrmsprgrs's Avatar
 

This has quickly become an all-time favorite eq. Don't wait for a sale. It's worth a lot more than regular price IMO.
Topic:
Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…
Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Forum Jump
Forum Jump