The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Acon Digital Releases Acoustica 7.2 with AI Based Stem Separation
Old 3 weeks ago
  #1
Lives for gear
 
saagedal's Avatar
 

Acon Digital Releases Acoustica 7.2 with AI Based Stem Separation

Acon Digital has released version 7.2 of their powerful audio editor Acoustica for Windows and Mac. The Mac version now supports macOS Catalina. Acoustica is available in a Premium Edition and a lower cost Standard Edition. Both editions offer a new Remix tool that uses artificial intelligence to split a complete mix in up to five stems. These can then be remixed in real-time. It is also possible to import a complete mix in a multitrack session and let Acoustica create a separate track for each stem automatically.



Exclusive in the Premium Edition is the new Extract Dialogue tool that uses artificial intelligence to separate dialogue from background noise. The extraction can be tweaked in real-time with parameters such as threshold level, soft-knee level and an emphasis curve for frequency dependent processing. The Premium Edition also includes the latest versions of Mastering Suite, Restoration Suite 2 and Verberate 2. These renowned tools are available as seamlessly integrated processing tools, but also in other applications that support VST, VST3, Audio Unit or AAX plug-ins.

Another interesting novelty is the enhanced time resolution in the powerful spectral editor available in the Premium Edition. With a high frequency resolution, normal spectrograms get blurred when zooming in on a short time region. Acoustica now overcomes this problem with the temporal resolution enhancement technology. Clicks and drop-outs are now easy to spot in the spectral editor. The new default color scheme also reveals more details and is gentle on your eyes.

Version 7.2 has plenty of workflow improvements based on user feedback. It is now possible to solo processors in the Processing Chain and to render audio through the chain to new files. The integration between multitrack sessions and the clip editor has been greatly improved and you can now simply double-click a clip in a multitrack session to edit it in the clip editor. After editing, a Render button updates the clip in the multitrack session.

Acoustica can now save and load workspace files that contain the list of open files, the window layout and the content of the processing chain. New automatic editing tools automate common editing tasks such as cropping and silence removal.

Price and Availability
Acoustica 7.2 is available in a Premium Edition ($199.90 USD) for advanced users and a feature limited Standard Edition ($59.90 USD) for beginners in the Acon Digital Store. Acon Digital offers both editions with a 25% introduction discount until April 1st so that the Premium Edition is available for only $149.90 USD and the Standard Edition for only $44.90 USD. The upgrade is free for Acoustica 7 customers and owners of Acoustica 5 and 6 are entitled to reduced upgrade prices.

[Further details]
Old 3 weeks ago
  #2
RPH
Gear Head
 
RPH's Avatar
 

That remix tool is great, tried it on a song and was amazed how the splits sounded.
Old 3 weeks ago
  #3
Lives for gear
 
World Studios's Avatar
Tried it briefly against iZotope RX7 and this was quicker and noticeably better at separating things. I tried a full busy pop mix with tons of instruments and it removed every trace of vocals for instance. RX7 leaves a bit here and there. Amazing.
Old 3 weeks ago
  #4
Lives for gear
 

I think it's time to ditch iZotope RX. I never liked iZotope's upgrade policies and they never implement features that users give feedback on (or sometimes even bugs!) in between versions. Acoustica 7 looks to be a proper rival to RX in all areas and I even much prefer the UI.
Old 3 weeks ago
  #5
Gear Nut
 

This looks great!
Old 3 weeks ago
  #6
Lives for gear
 
World Studios's Avatar
The price is incredible for what you get with the premium edition. The restoration plugins are better than most. The reverb is excellent, the eq is a joy. Updates are generally free or close to free. What’s not to like? Just get it!
Old 3 weeks ago
  #7
Lives for gear
 
saagedal's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPH View Post
That remix tool is great, tried it on a song and was amazed how the splits sounded.
Quote:
Originally Posted by World Studios View Post
Tried it briefly against iZotope RX7 and this was quicker and noticeably better at separating things. I tried a full busy pop mix with tons of instruments and it removed every trace of vocals for instance. RX7 leaves a bit here and there. Amazing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmanic View Post
I think it's time to ditch iZotope RX. I never liked iZotope's upgrade policies and they never implement features that users give feedback on (or sometimes even bugs!) in between versions. Acoustica 7 looks to be a proper rival to RX in all areas and I even much prefer the UI.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forgotso View Post
This looks great!
Thanks for the awesome feedback -- that's highly appreciated!

Best,
Stian
Old 3 weeks ago
  #8
Lives for gear
 
saagedal's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by World Studios View Post
The price is incredible for what you get with the premium edition. The restoration plugins are better than most. The reverb is excellent, the eq is a joy. Updates are generally free or close to free. What’s not to like? Just get it!
Thanks, very glad to hear that you like the tools!

Best,
Stian
Old 3 weeks ago
  #9
Lives for gear
 
Solidtrax's Avatar
Congratulations with the release of Acoustica 7.2, Stian! And yes, the stem separation feature is insane!
Old 3 weeks ago
  #10
Lives for gear
 
saagedal's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidtrax View Post
Congratulations with the release of Acoustica 7.2, Stian! And yes, the stem separation feature is insane!
Thanks so much!

Best,
Stian
Old 3 weeks ago
  #11
Lives for gear
 
Solar's Avatar
 

Daaaaaaaamn it, Acoustica Team is on Fire That Remix feature only worth the price I must say. Can't wait to give this a try ;-)

Congrats on this release and keep the amazing features coming. Always think ahead of the game and evolve beyond possibilities
Old 3 weeks ago
  #12
Lives for gear
 
saagedal's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solar View Post
Daaaaaaaamn it, Acoustica Team is on Fire That Remix feature only worth the price I must say. Can't wait to give this a try ;-)

Congrats on this release and keep the amazing features coming. Always think ahead of the game and evolve beyond possibilities
Awesome to hear -- thanks for the kind words!

Best,
Stian
Old 3 weeks ago
  #13
Lives for gear
 
Gemylon's Avatar
This is just brilliant !


Bought





Old 3 weeks ago
  #14
Lives for gear
 

Cheers Stian and Acon Digital! The value for Acoustica owners is fantastic.
Old 3 weeks ago
  #15
Gear Nut
 

This looks amazing!

Curious if anyone has compared the quality of the SRC to RX7?
Old 3 weeks ago
  #16
Lives for gear
 
streetbeats's Avatar
 

Stian, is it possible to integrate external processing chain with Acoustica?
Old 3 weeks ago
  #17
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgbeats View Post
This looks amazing!

Curious if anyone has compared the quality of the SRC to RX7?
Highest quality SRC is available for free (finalcd and sox).. no need for RX if you only need SRC.
Old 3 weeks ago
  #18
Lives for gear
 
saagedal's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemylon View Post
This is just brilliant !


Bought


Awesome, thank you very much!

Best,
Stian
Old 3 weeks ago
  #19
Lives for gear
 
saagedal's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by streetbeats View Post
Stian, is it possible to integrate external processing chain with Acoustica?
Do you mean routing through outboard gear? Unfortunately, that's not possible at the time being, but we have plans to create an internal "processor" that sends and receives audio processed by outboard gear. This has been requested a couple of time and would make the software even more interesting for mastering engineers.

Best,
Stian
Old 3 weeks ago
  #20
Lives for gear
 
saagedal's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgbeats View Post
This looks amazing!

Curious if anyone has compared the quality of the SRC to RX7?
Thanks! I don't think SRC quality is an issue with either of the two products. Any aliasing falls below the threshold of hearing by order of magnitudes in either of the two.

Best,
Stian
Old 3 weeks ago
  #21
Gear Nut
 

We need a light Acon Digital DAW, one can dream
Old 3 weeks ago
  #22
Lives for gear
 
streetbeats's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by saagedal View Post
Do you mean routing through outboard gear? Unfortunately, that's not possible at the time being, but we have plans to create an internal "processor" that sends and receives audio processed by outboard gear. This has been requested a couple of time and would make the software even more interesting for mastering engineers.

Best,
Stian
Hi Stian thanks for the reply.

Yes that’s exactly what I mean and that’s the use case (mastering).

Will keep an eye out on developments.
Old 3 weeks ago
  #23
Here for the gear
 

I've been on the brink of pulling the trigger and moving all my audio editing to Acoustica for a long time ...

But what kinda bugs me still is that basic functionality like fade handles on the beginnings and ends of files don't exist, which is a really big deal when you do a LOT of fades every day and instead of one click (and drag for the curve) you need just an unnecessary amount of twiddling. Most audio editors and DAW's have had this for a long time.

Also the last version I checked on there was no latency compensation for plugins, or for some reason applying an effects chain on a file, your sound would actually shift left destructively, making you lose audio if you didn't have silence in the beginning. (this happened with Fabfilter plugins Pro-L IIRC)

It seems like a great, reliable piece of software otherwise, which can't be said for Adobe Audition anymore, but I wish there was more focus on usability enhancements instead of more internal plugins, which I can work around with 3rd party stuff anyway.

Still, cheers for this program, I appreciate it.
Old 3 weeks ago
  #24
Lives for gear
 
saagedal's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by streetbeats View Post
Hi Stian thanks for the reply.

Yes that’s exactly what I mean and that’s the use case (mastering).

Will keep an eye out on developments.
Great, thanks for the elaboration!

Best,
Stian
Old 3 weeks ago
  #25
Lives for gear
 
saagedal's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by occultron View Post
I've been on the brink of pulling the trigger and moving all my audio editing to Acoustica for a long time ...

But what kinda bugs me still is that basic functionality like fade handles on the beginnings and ends of files don't exist, which is a really big deal when you do a LOT of fades every day and instead of one click (and drag for the curve) you need just an unnecessary amount of twiddling. Most audio editors and DAW's have had this for a long time.
Thanks for the input. Are you missing this in multitrack sessions, the clip editor or both?

Quote:
Originally Posted by occultron View Post
Also the last version I checked on there was no latency compensation for plugins, or for some reason applying an effects chain on a file, your sound would actually shift left destructively, making you lose audio if you didn't have silence in the beginning. (this happened with Fabfilter plugins Pro-L IIRC)
This should be fixed now. I know there was an error in the latency compensation that affected some plug-ins earlier.


Quote:
Originally Posted by occultron View Post
It seems like a great, reliable piece of software otherwise, which can't be said for Adobe Audition anymore, but I wish there was more focus on usability enhancements instead of more internal plugins, which I can work around with 3rd party stuff anyway.

Still, cheers for this program, I appreciate it.
Thanks, glad to hear that!

Best,
Stian
Old 3 weeks ago
  #26
Here for the gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by saagedal View Post
Thanks for the input. Are you missing this in multitrack sessions, the clip editor or both?
I really don't have use for the multitrack editor in my specific work type, but in the clip editor: yes yes yes!

As long as I have you here, another quite simple feature that would would hit a niche group of audio workers really hard is command-line render functionality that would take an input file, use a specified, saved effects chain file, and automatically apply that chain on the input - all from the command line. Something like "acoustica.exe --offlinerender input.wav output.wav effectchain.preset"

I work in post-production sound design where time is constantly limited and the importance of workflow is huge. Being able to script an editor to perform a function like this instantly would _seriously_ rock the world of many people in this field. And it's a thing that's missing, even though I can't imagine it would be that hard to implement. There are a couple of projects that attempt this (mrswatson, wavepad, soundforge) but they're either abandoned, incomplete or unreliable.

Just a thought! Thanks for taking the time to read!
Old 3 weeks ago
  #27
Lives for gear
 
Zyzygis's Avatar
Trying out on Mac os 10.11.6 everything works fine except the remix tool which crashes the application every time.
Old 3 weeks ago
  #28
Lives for gear
 
World Studios's Avatar
Bought!
Old 3 weeks ago
  #29
Lives for gear
 
saagedal's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zyzygis View Post
Trying out on Mac os 10.11.6 everything works fine except the remix tool which crashes the application every time.
I'm sorry to hear that. We've received two similar support tickets (maybe one from you?) and it seems to all be with El Capitan, but that could of course be coincidental. Did you get a chance to send in the crash report per email? That would be helpful. Hopefully, we can reproduce and find the culprit quickly.

Best,
Stian
Old 3 weeks ago
  #30
Lives for gear
 
saagedal's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by occultron View Post
I really don't have use for the multitrack editor in my specific work type, but in the clip editor: yes yes yes!

As long as I have you here, another quite simple feature that would would hit a niche group of audio workers really hard is command-line render functionality that would take an input file, use a specified, saved effects chain file, and automatically apply that chain on the input - all from the command line. Something like "acoustica.exe --offlinerender input.wav output.wav effectchain.preset"

I work in post-production sound design where time is constantly limited and the importance of workflow is huge. Being able to script an editor to perform a function like this instantly would _seriously_ rock the world of many people in this field. And it's a thing that's missing, even though I can't imagine it would be that hard to implement. There are a couple of projects that attempt this (mrswatson, wavepad, soundforge) but they're either abandoned, incomplete or unreliable.

Just a thought! Thanks for taking the time to read!
Thanks! Yes, the command line option should be pretty straight forward to implement. I've added it to our task tracking system and we'll try to get it implemented in a future update.

Best,
Stian
Topic:
Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…
Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Forum Jump
Forum Jump