The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Acustica Audio releases Jade: introducing CORE15 - Dynamic Routing Tech
Old 24th February 2020
Gear Maniac

Acustica Audio releases Jade: introducing CORE15 - Dynamic Routing Tech

Product: Jade
Developer: Acustica Audio
Price (MSRP): Introductory price -89.00€ [Reg. 199.00€] - Save 55% OFF - For the first four weeks after release or until first official version is released.
Plug-in Format(s): VST, AU, AAX
System Requirements (Windows): Windows 10
System Requirements (OSX): OSX 10.14
Jade Commercial web-page: https://www.acustica-audio.com/store/products/jade
Jade User's manual: https://app.box.com/shared/static/uk...7sto3qa52x.pdf

Jade is one of the most versatile suites in the Acustica domain, capable of delivering a warm and smooth sound that retains a remarkable naturalness, while also providing absolute transparency and top-end presence.
Jade comprises 5 different hardware units merged into three different EQ emulations (A - B - C), two dynamics processors (Discrete Class-A Compressor (D)/Peak Limiter (E) ) and, last but not least, a complete preamplifier section that lets you choose among 5 different flavors.

WHAT YOU GET

The Jade suite consists of:

- Jade Channel-strip (two switchable 4-Band EQ's with High-pass and Low-pass Filters, a Class-A Compressor/Peak Limiter, with five preamp emulations and a routing section).
- Jade EQ (two switchable 4-Band Equalizers with High-pass and Low-pass Filters and five Preamp emulations).

Each plug-in included in the Jade suite comes in Standard version and an alternative “ZL*” version which operates at *zero latency and is thus suitable for use when tracking, at the cost of extra processing resources.
For the first time, in the Jade suite, we included an alternative version of the channel strip called JADE 'AL'.
'Adaptive Latency' technology can reduce plugin latency and resource consumption depending on the number of sections used.
EXAMPLE: if you use only the Jade channel-strip equalization module bypassing the compressor section, you will experience a lower latency. Thanks to this NEW plugin version, you will be able to optimize the use of your resources without sacrificing the distinctive quality of Acustica products.

DETAILS

EQ SECTION

- Model A is derived from an American unit famous for being able to maintain the integrity of your mixes’ original sound and for imparting an 'airy' quality to higher frequencies, in both mixing and mastering situations. In other words, it is one of the most versatile equalizers ever emulated by Acustica, meticulously sampled taking into account the intrinsic peculiarities of the original machine, including the interaction of the EQ bands.
PLUS: The original unit is characterized by a HIGH band gain excursion of a maximum +10 dB gain for each frequency, while our emulation includes the corresponding negative part for each frequency (-10 dB gain).

- Model B is based on a powerful unit that was a part of an iconic British series of gear introduced in 1994. Famous for their natural, unobtrusive sound they have earned an ‘iconic’ status in the pro audio world and are coveted by producers and engineers for their exceptional clarity and versatility.
This ‘flaming’ collection of units remains among the most successful and recognizable hardware series of this British company, still present in professional recording studios the world over. Our emulation embodies the essence and the sound of the EQ enabling you to sculpt your tracks from top to bottom with unrivaled transparency and top-end sheen.

- Model C is a ‘hybrid’ equalizer that merging 2 different models on the market (labeled C1 - C2) into a single processor.
Acustica combined several frequencies in 4 bands in a logical way to create a perfect ‘breathy’ EQ that will bring your tracks to life.
The result is an addictive, state-of-the-art EQ capable of adding musical presence to different sources: vocals, acoustic guitars, and drum overheads.
NOTE: The original units from which the C emulation is derived are characterized by either positive or negative GAIN excursion (but not both) depending on the band, its frequency, and the selected model. To remedy this, we have introduced the corresponding negative - or positive - counterpart for each frequency.

PREAMP SECTION

Jade’s preamp section includes five models (A – B - C1 – C2 - D) and is based on a collection of var*ious hardware units, whose harmonic content and frequency response are readily available for use on your tracks.

COMPRESSOR/LIMITER SECTION

Jade is equipped with two dynamics processors: a Discrete Class-A Compressor (D) and a Peak Limiter (E). The main idea behind the original unit is to provide a transparent, musical control of dynamics.
These emulations can be activated and used individually (C / D) or simultaneously (C + D). If both emulations are used at the same time, their behavior is in SERIES, so the limiter module will follow that of the compressor. Also, the behavior and the sound of these dynamic processors may vary further based on Jade's Dynamic Routing™ control technology (channel strip version) that sets different block configurations.

CORE 15

Jade features our latest core engine technology which now includes EHR™ - Enhanced Harmonic Response Technology, and Dynamic Routing™!
Learn more: https://www.acustica-audio.com/pages...ducing-core-15

How to try a plugin: TRIAL MODE

- Create a user account (if you do not have one yet) on our website
- Download and Install Aquarius, our products manager, for either Mac or PC
- Type the product name in the 'search' field inside Aquarius to find the '(trial)' version of the product, then click on the thumbnail or on the 'Install' button. This will take you to the product page (the trial version of a product is also visible in the 'related products' section on the right)
- Select the right plugin format according to the DAW you are using and click 'Install'
- Aquarius will download, install,and authorise the trial product automatically
- Run your DAW. You're set!

Please note:

- The old trial authorisation method - which required the 'LASTTRIALS' code - is now obsolete and each trial version of a product can be easily downloaded/installed directly from Aquarius, for a more streamlined process
- Should you see an authorisation error, the reason could be that the product has been already authorised too many times and the limit has been reached

For details about installation/authorization please refer to the following page: Acustica Audio - Professional Audio Software - Acustica Audio

NOTE Available sample rates: 96 - 44.1 - 48 - 88.2 kHz
Old 24th February 2020
Gear Head

Top end clarity sounds killer on the YouTube vocal demo.

Purchased

Looking forward to giving it a thorough and proper go shortly.
Old 24th February 2020
Gear Nut

Looks like you finally got metering figured out in the GUI. I’m surprised you’re not bragging that up.
Old 24th February 2020
Sounds superb!

Old 24th February 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccmdav View Post
Looks like you finally got metering figured out in the GUI. I’m surprised you’re not bragging that up.
it happened months ago
Old 24th February 2020
Lives for gear
Instabuy. Thank you!
Old 24th February 2020
Gear Maniac

5 minutes of demoing was enough to get me to buy. Can't wait to dig into it further.
Old 24th February 2020
Lives for gear
Instabuy for me as well! This thing really sticks out!!
Old 24th February 2020
Gear Nut

I'm still kind of new to AA plugins... is it normal behavior for the master output (in this case in the center slot of the plugin) to not attenuate like a master output? Here's what I'm seeing - just for the heck of it, I boosted the input to max, chose a preamp that had plenty of distortion (B and C2 both have it), and was surprised to hear that when I turned down the master output, the "wet" signal was not attenuated. Just the "dry" signal was. So all I could hear was distortion and some kind of a whistling sound. I know these are fringe settings, but... something doesn't seem right.

Also, the "whistling" sound is quite noticeable on preamp D when the input starts to saturate. I'm just testing on a drum bus. Even with the output set to 0.

Last edited by ccmdav; 24th February 2020 at 04:44 PM.. Reason: Preamp D sound
Old 24th February 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
I'm still kind of new to AA plugins... is it normal behavior for the master output (in this case in the center slot of the plugin) to not attenuate like a master output? Here's what I'm seeing - just for the heck of it, I boosted the input to max, chose a preamp that had plenty of distortion (B and C2 both have it), and was surprised to hear that when I turned down the master output, the "wet" signal was not attenuated. Just the "dry" signal was. So all I could hear was distortion and some kind of a whistling sound. I know these are fringe settings, but... something doesn't seem right.

Also, the "whistling" sound is quite noticeable on preamp D when the input starts to saturate. I'm just testing on a drum bus. Even with the output set to 0.
wet is a control of the compressor section alone, preamp is not following the wet path. Tell me if it answers
Old 24th February 2020
Lives for gear

That happened with Celestial's preamp. Pretty sure it got fixed.

AA and their classic release style...

Looking forward to checking this out!
Old 24th February 2020
Gear Nut

Acustica Audio can you please stop making such awesome plugins? Thank you
Old 24th February 2020
Gear Nut
And bought...

Just wondering, will there a be Modula port planned for this? That’ll look real nice next to a diamond color EQ, that jade and red haha
Old 24th February 2020
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaphod View Post
wet is a control of the compressor section alone, preamp is not following the wet path. Tell me if it answers
I’m not talking about the compressor. I’m talking about the input and output controls in the center section of Jade, above the preamp selection and HPF/LPF controls. When the output is turned all the way down with the input being saturated, instead of reducing the overall volume of the plugin’s output, it only reduces the volume of the “dry” or unaffected portion of the output. The distortion, or “wet” portion of the output does not reduce in volume. That’s why I’m confused. The output is not supposed to be a wet/dry mix knob, correct?
Old 24th February 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
I’m not talking about the compressor. I’m talking about the input and output controls in the center section of Jade, above the preamp selection and HPF/LPF controls. When the output is turned all the way down with the input being saturated, instead of reducing the overall volume of the plugin’s output, it only reduces the volume of the “dry” or unaffected portion of the output. The distortion, or “wet” portion of the output does not reduce in volume. That’s why I’m confused. The output is not supposed to be a wet/dry mix knob, correct?
To my knowledge, output is in the last block of the chain (and it is outside routing)
Input trim is a sort of harmonic control of the preamp block alone, it should affect harmonics only.
Anyway they'll check it, thank you
Old 24th February 2020
Gear Guru
Quote:
Originally Posted by mvd83 View Post
Acustica Audio can you please stop making such awesome plugins? Thank you
HA! I'm still trying to wrap my head around Gold, Taupe, Diamond, and El Rey.... They cover a LOT of ground and this does look wonderful, hmmmmmm...
Old 24th February 2020
Gear Head

EQ Model B. Is that an original Focusrite Red I hear before me?
Old 24th February 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faint Brouhaha View Post
EQ Model B. Is that an original Focusrite Red I hear before me?
I think it is!
Old 24th February 2020
Lives for gear

Only Windows 10 ?
Old 24th February 2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by sakamoto View Post
Only Windows 10 ?
We have it on Win 7 64 Sounds Great!!
Old 24th February 2020
Gear Maniac
Quote:
Originally Posted by sakamoto View Post
Only Windows 10 ?
I'm demoing it now on Windows 7. Works and sounds great no problem. Never even thought about it.
Old 24th February 2020
Lives for gear

Thanks for info
Old 24th February 2020
Gear Maniac

So it seems like there’s no cranesong ibis eq in jade, can anyone sus out the truth?
Old 24th February 2020
Here for the gear

This plugin sounds bloody amazing! Congrats AA
Old 24th February 2020
Here for the gear

Looks like one of the modules is Maag EQ.
Old 24th February 2020
Lives for gear

Eq A is Maag
Old 24th February 2020
Gear Nut

I really love the sound of EQ C for the higher frequencies. So smooth!!!
Old 24th February 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex_danilov View Post
Looks like one of the modules is Maag EQ.
Yes, as per erwinor's post in the general AA thread, we think so far ...

Eqs
A.. Maag EQ4
B.. Focusrite RED2
C.. Clariphonic plus something else
Compr/lim Cranesong Stc 8
Old 24th February 2020
Gear Head
Just curious, why isn't there a separate plugin for the compressor as usually is the case for AA bundles?
Old 24th February 2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mies View Post
Just curious, why isn't there a separate plugin for the compressor as usually is the case for AA bundles?
+1
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search