The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Acustica Audio releases Jade: introducing CORE15 - Dynamic Routing Tech
Old 2 weeks ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by GazFromtheManor View Post
you cannot add the midi sequence from megababy to grid. you must record it jumping through several hoops and after that it does not align correctly.
Ah ok it’s not Reaper DAW but a JS extension you have issue with
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Head

I'm really liking how the Jade trial is sounding...a lot more than I would like too... Wait it's a trap! That was their plan all along; wasn't it!?! Quick,while there's still a chance!!! Run wallet! RUN!!!
Old 2 weeks ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobMaloogalooga View Post
User error. Who could have known.
Old 2 weeks ago
Company Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saturatio View Post
I'm really liking how the Jade trial is sounding...a lot more than I would like too... Wait it's a trap! That was their plan all along; wasn't it!?! Quick,while there's still a chance!!! Run wallet! RUN!!!
It only takes a few minutes to love it
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Guru

Quote:
you cannot add the midi sequence from megababy to grid. you must record it jumping through several hoops and after that it does not align correctly.
that might possibly be because you have the PDC plugin delay compensation on the track you're printing to or printing from, on.
and then it's using the delays of some plugins to calculate an offset, and the position of the midi is using that as the offset
in the print.
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Head

Quote:
not surprised you turned into a ninja.

so no midi sequencer for reaper then huh?

does it not matter.. people that matter don't use a sequencer? they play guitar? is that what's next?
Old 2 weeks ago
Quote:
not surprised you turned into a ninja.

so no midi sequencer for reaper then huh?

does it not matter.. people that matter don't use a sequencer? they play guitar? is that what's next?
Not sure what you mean and don’t want to derail the thread but yeah there are some great VST midi sequencers/arpeggiator plugins that I use a lot in reaper. Just focus on ones that allow drop and drop into reaper if that’s the workflow you’re after. Cheers
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muser View Post
that might possibly be because you have the PDC plugin delay compensation on the track you're printing to or printing from, on.
and then it's using the delays of some plugins to calculate an offset, and the position of the midi is using that as the offset
in the print.
jargon. i just wanna make music

reapers numbers don't add up and it shows. people should accept it's a niche daw or something for computer nerds
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Head

Quote:
Not sure what you mean and don’t want to derail the thread but yeah there are some great VST midi sequencers that I use a lot in reaper. Just focus on ones that allow drop and drop into reaper if that’s the workflow you’re after. Cheers
it's a whole daw with no built in sequencer. there are man things that aren't built into reaper. but i'll stop
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear
Let's not derail the thread. Sale ends tommorow. Keep it fair to those that are serious about buying Jade.

Last edited by Raddler; 2 weeks ago at 08:28 PM..
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear
I had the pleasure to use Jade on old school rock/rhythm 'n blues single I mastered today. I opened a bit the 30 hz shelf to extend the low end a little, some serious heft on the menu
This is definitely one of my most favourite Acquas, what a great sound!
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Guru

Quote:

reapers numbers don't add up and it shows. people should accept it's a niche daw or something for computer nerds
I'm not too bothered if you're not up to speed to get any of it. it's mostly posted for anyone who might think your information is reasoned out to any degree. which you seem to like to proudly admit, it isn't. if you want a DAW that makes sense to you personally, then go find one.
Old 2 weeks ago
Quote:

What numbers?
DAW-war is so 2010. Even back then it was daft.
If you cant use Reaper its probably not the DAWs fault. User error festival
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
it's a whole daw with no built in sequencer. there are man things that aren't built into reaper. but i'll stop
What? There's a piano roll.......
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Nut

so any tips, observations , particular usage with jade? Let's get back to it please!!
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by marchinstin View Post
so any tips, observations , particular usage with jade? Let's get back to it please!!
Few days now demo'ing it and I'm so impressed by the high end clarity of this plugin. On stuff like hats and percs it just really brings them to life. I didn't want a 'smooth' plugin but the highs come off so nicely that I'm changing my thoughts on what I want. Low/mids are very unique when pushed too. All in all, it's a very effortless eq for making things sound great. It's got this spaciousness too that I can't seem to get from my other preferred plugins. If I'm honest, I find the compressor and limiter less enjoyable, but perhaps I'm not gain staging it right.
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Guru
Look I’m a singer/songwriter and non technical. I use a recorder to record Mixpre6.... I use Harrison Mixbus as a DAW and tried Reaper. Honestly they are both really intuitive and easy to figure out for basic mixing. A ton of tutorials and I only use MB because it’s laid out like an actual mixing board.

Honestly track management and analogue recording routing etc was cumbersome and DAW technology is not difficult to learn. Even for a troglodyte...
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Head
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raddler View Post
Few days now demo'ing it and I'm so impressed by the high end clarity of this plugin. On stuff like hats and percs it just really brings them to life. I didn't want a 'smooth' plugin but the highs come off so nicely that I'm changing my thoughts on what I want. Low/mids are very unique when pushed too. All in all, it's a very effortless eq for making things sound great. It's got this spaciousness too that I can't seem to get from my other preferred plugins. If I'm honest, I find the compressor and limiter less enjoyable, but perhaps I'm not gain staging it right.
I was about to reply to your other message, but saw you caved

I think Sand is the next one that suits your needs, with a glorious compressor to it... But this one has that depth, yes... Sand works on nearly everything, this one can be made to work, but makes itself more noticed (except for this crazy 40k Band, this one I'm afraid of using too much and everywhere).

As for the compressor, it worked for me to add subtle movement on the two-bus, but not more than 3db reduction. The limiter also worked, because the shmod is great at shaping how it behaves, but also subtly. This is a weird one, you can go crazy with the eq, but the Dynamics section is for flavor and movement (now I understand why there was no separate Dynamics plugin here). Sand can be brutalized in both departments, and some eq models have great air too.

If I had to choose just one strip, it would be Sand. But I slowly waited for combinations of coupons and sales, and got Sand, gold, Navy, jade, ultramarine, ceil, magenta and cola (the only one I'm "missing" is Pink, from the ones I know I'll use), and can tell for sure they all get used, depending on source material. Magenta is the one I grab the least (here and there I've used the MS eq and the optical compressor). Sand is the most versatile and lightest, but as I said, there's a reason for having each one (like gold for the pres, jade for the 40k etc). Welcome to the rabbit hole...
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raddler View Post
I'm new to acustica so I'd like to buy my first channel strip from them. I'm mostly interested in choosing one with a killer EQ, grabby/gritty and not so much smooth or silky. You think Jade is a top contender in that department?
I think you might like to try one like Gold first then. It fits this description better, I'd say.
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Bought it. My loyalty coupon makes it too good to pass up.

Love the EQ! Incredible for broad shaping.
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Guru
Gold is unique cpu is nuts so I use on vocals Diamond is amazing fwiw...
Don’t even want to try what’s on sale ....
Amazing tools...
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

This airband!

I really love the JADE EQ.
Old 1 week ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by alibling View Post
This airband!

I really love the JADE EQ.
The 40k shelf is good on everything
addicted
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search