The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Acustica Audio releases Jade: introducing CORE15 - Dynamic Routing Tech
Old 26th February 2020
Lives for gear

ZL versions are a bit more CPU intensive (it depends on the host buffer settings)
Depending on the results we get on AL versions we'll maybe deprecate them (ZL) in the future.
The point is about old and legacy hosts which don't support properly dynamic latency
What we are doing is moving exactly in this direction
Hope it helps
Old 26th February 2020
Here for the gear

This plug sounds so good. I've been on a AA buying rampage. You guys deserve it. Jade is going to be my next purchase.

That compressor. Wow.

Paired with Reaper, nothing touches the stuff you guys are putting out.
Old 26th February 2020
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaphod View Post
ZL versions are a bit more CPU intensive (it depends on the host buffer settings)
Depending on the results we get on AL versions we'll maybe deprecate them (ZL) in the future.
The point is about old and legacy hosts which don't support properly dynamic latency
What we are doing is moving exactly in this direction
Hope it helps
Countless plugins have different settings that the user understands will increase the CPU usage, and none of them to my knowledge create an entirely different plugin version.

The other downside is the hassle of switching between ZL and regular versions. With a single version it's much simpler to use ZL mode for tracking and switch to regular mode after that. Currently there's no way to save presets within the plugins, let alone presets compatible with both versions, and since the plugins have a different ID, host based preset systems don't work either.

AL is definitely a positive development, and ZL has it's uses, but 3 versions of every plugin going forward is absolutely the worst way to implement it.

If different legacy versions are required for old crappy hosts that could be handled by an option in the installer.

Quote:
- We created a version of the standalone equalizer because we discovered that it is usually appreciated for the less space occupied on the screen.
Please keep this in mind, Gold3EQ tripled the size of the GUI so now it collects virtual dust instead of being my favorite Aqua EQ.
Old 26th February 2020
Lives for gear

In our specific case, we can't.
Our users are happy when they can open more instances.
So the only way is the dynamic allocation, which is currently under review
Really the presence of a 2 megabyte file and an additional item in your plugin list is a showstopper when people post "the plugin is so good?". It means we solved all other issues at once lol:
- cpu usage
- site and authorization
- user manuals
- meters
- sound
- price
!!!!
I consider it a victory
Old 26th February 2020
Gear Addict

Quote:
In our specific case, we can't.
Our users are happy when they can open more instances.
So the only way is the dynamic allocation, which is currently under review
Really the presence of a 2 megabyte file and an additional item in your plugin list is a showstopper when people post "the plugin is so good?". Are we really discussing this? It means we solved all other issues at once lol:
- cpu usage
- site and authorization
- user manuals
- meters
- sound
- price
!!!!
I consider it a victory
Consider customers with 10 plugins, each with 4 individual plugins and 3 versions installed. That's 240 plugins, 720 files in the plugin root directory, when one simple improvement could reduce the number in half.

That doesn't consider the usability improvement outlined in my previous post.

Saying customers like more instances is a moot point, because the CPU usage is the same at the same latency.
There are only 3 tiny differences between the XML files:
Line 102:
<MAGIC> Jz26 </MAGIC> vs <MAGIC> Jz36 </MAGIC>
Line 189:
<OTIMED> 3 </OTIMED> vs <OTIMED> 5 </OTIMED>
and an additional line:
<ZEROLATENCY> 25 </ZEROLATENCY>

It would probably take less line's of code to have the main plugin switch XMLs, or change 3 variables and this problem is solved. If you can create the best sounding plugins in the audio industry and advanced artificial intelligence presets this should be a piece of cake!

Way less clutter in the plugin list/dir, much better workflow for ZL mode, and best of all you'd never have to hear anyone complain about too many plugins ever again!
Old 26th February 2020
Gear Nut

I really love the sound of this bundle. The EQ and compressor are so nice!!! I couldn't resist it and needed to buy it
Old 26th February 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by PitchSlap View Post
Saying customers like more instances is a moot point, because the CPU usage is the same at the same latency.
There are only 3 tiny differences between the XML files:
Line 102:
<MAGIC> Jz26 </MAGIC> vs <MAGIC> Jz36 </MAGIC>
Line 189:
<OTIMED> 3 </OTIMED> vs <OTIMED> 5 </OTIMED>
and an additional line:
<ZEROLATENCY> 25 </ZEROLATENCY>
I don't think a plugin's MAGIC ID# can be changed without Re-Scanning the plug database.

The other two parameters probably require re-loading the plugin instance.

Likely, all Users settings would reset to default values ...
Old 26th February 2020
Lives for gear

That's right, let's shed some light, because there's often a lot of confusion on this subject.

-VST2: everything is defined in MAGIC and magic can be loaded at runtime. Some sequencers are based on name, others on magic. This means that depending on the case a plugin is recognized for one feature or another. Since magic is passed to the host via a call, you can define it parametrically in our xml

- AAX: perhaps the best format, as you can rename the entire folder, and this is the name of the plugin used for scanning and session compatibility. Besides, the renaming method is independent of the signature contained inside the folder

- VST3 and AU: there is no concept of runtime but of static resource, and this is "written" inside the folder that must be signed since some months. Practically nothing is allowed to be modified (rename the plugin, modify the MAGIC).

It is obvious that when we adopt a solution this must be global at Aquarius level.
Let's give some numbers:
- Our plugins currently consist of hundreds of files, and occupy several gigabytes.
- for each release the combination of architectures, formats, legacy executables of various types is 26 (!!!!) executables. To this is added the presence of several plugins (typically 4-5) with their configuration files and the request of our "userbase" to keep the zero latency versions that some are using in recording or live, while others require the least amount of resources.
Let's not forget 48/88 packs - someone needs them, someone not - and they waste space.
Obviously we are working in these directions, as shown by Jade, which could be composed by many more plugins (and as you can read here, as soon as we removed the compressor someone immediately made the request)
Old 26th February 2020
Here for the gear

As much as this looks & sounds great, from a virtual feng shui perspective I find it confounding to work with entire strips over single modules - the lack of individual modules is a deal-breaker for me on this, I just wanna see a few parameters sometimes, not 30!

My 2 cents!
Old 26th February 2020
Here for the gear

Suits me fine the way it works now....I have my dedicated AA folder. Love individual units, rarely use the entire strips. If for x or y reason only the strip is available I use the strip...As long as AA plugs sound the way they do they can come in any shape or form. Just my two c obviously.
I haven't tested Jade yet, but since I like maag eq very much it's pretty much a done purchase already. It has to be better than the PA offering....
Old 26th February 2020
Gear Head

It's never made much sense to me that you get these bundles with no ability to strip out the desired pieces. Nebula loadable Acquas (such as the Brighton) could offer the ability to have say a Navy Compressor or say a Coral EQ available at a marginal markup over the bundle value. That way we could all have the bits we want. I suppose the product line would become rather large, but then it is, anyway. More smaller sales managed under Aquarius. Just a thought.
Old 26th February 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faint Brouhaha View Post
It's never made much sense to me that you get these bundles with no ability to strip out the desired pieces. Nebula loadable Acquas (such as the Brighton) could offer the ability to have say a Navy Compressor or say a Coral EQ available at a marginal markup over the bundle value. That way we could all have the bits we want. I suppose the product line would become rather large, but then it is, anyway. More smaller sales managed under Aquarius. Just a thought.
Yes there is a plan for 2021.
We are moving Aquarius to the next level
Old 26th February 2020
Lives for gear
I tried the EQ A side by side my DIY Maag clone. It sounds really well! I wish it was possible to use all bands in one instance. To use e.g. both sub and 40 I'd have to open two instances.
Old 26th February 2020
Lives for gear

WOW !

This Plugin is really, really good !

Contras AA !
Old 26th February 2020
Lives for gear

And after all is said and done... i'd still like to have a separate comp/limiter plugin in the bundle. Otherwise... stellar as usual from AA.
Old 26th February 2020
mfx
Lives for gear

Got to say I love Sand/2, this is really nice. Although the saturation seems to kick in some nasty hi end resonance if not careful. Not sure if design or fault.
However, very very nice. Worth the demo at least.
Old 26th February 2020
Gear Maniac

God damn, The Jade EQ's sound absolutely pristine. Wishing i held off buying Ruby last week and waited for this, i would've bought Jade if i'd heard it first. You can bring the sound to life more with Jade than you can with Ruby. Ruby feels more soupy than Jade or something.

Ruby still great though. Just a more of a "wrap/laminate" sorta soun,d whereas Jade is more of a lifter.

As for the compressors, i haven't been as amazed as everyone else i think, but maybe i'm not using it properly. Need more trial time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PitchSlap View Post
(and please, start installing in an Acustica subfolder.)
+1 this.

I love AA plugs but the folder management is messy.

And the labelling is hard to read at a glance. Seeing a bunch of different versions of things like "GOLD3EQZL" or "COLA2EQ228T" makes me feel like i have dyslexia lol.
And it breaks your workflow briefly because you've gotta spend a few seconds deciphering the code to identify the one you want.
My suggestion is to use an underscore: _

E.g. "GOLD3_EQ_ZL" or "COLA2_EQ228_T"
Old 26th February 2020
Gear Maniac

i Agree underscore or a space even
Old 26th February 2020
This is a Absolute Gem on The Mixbuss!!!

KP
Old 26th February 2020
Gear Nut

Just in one page, people "requesting" (although it sounds more like "demanding") different and contradictory things from AA.

AA plugin tech works different than others. One has to learn how to manage them and how the tech works if one wants to keep using them.

But the main thing is, plugin management and organization should be sorted out at the host level by its developer, and not the plugin developer.

My daw allows me to arrange plugins in whatever folder I want, in whatever order I want, and exclude whatever I want.

If I need more space, I install them in another drive and point the daw towards it.

It also allows me to rename plugins to whatever I want.

Further more, it allows me to make several plugin menu configurations, so I can have a plugin list of only AA, a plugin list of only free ones, etc.

As far as I know, it´s not the only daw to support this behavior.

So, take this up to your host developer.

Plugin organization in the daw is up to them, not the plugin developer.
Old 27th February 2020
Gear Nut

hi, can i use a cupon code that expires MARCH 03 with this new awesome piece?
Old 27th February 2020
Company Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by rameron View Post
hi, can i use a cupon code that expires MARCH 03 with this new awesome piece?
Yes, you can. Jade should be included.
Old 27th February 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by cube63 View Post
Alright then. Can you email me or inbox me your top best 10 plugins, I'll try and buy them shortly. I've been watching for a while. I'll appreciate this as I can only afford 8 for now. Do you also have a bundle?
Old 27th February 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
I explain very quickly the reason for the small number of modules.
We were asked several times to reduce the number of "standalone" plugins, and for Jade, it was appropriate to give it a try.

- We created a version of the standalone equalizer because we discovered that it is usually appreciated for the less space occupied on the screen.
- we have an AL version that will soon be abandoned and adopted by future conventional plugins: we are trying to understand if all sequencers are able to work with dynamic latencies (unfortunately we try to support some very old sequencers that do not support this feature).
- As for compressors we have seen that in the case of Jade they make sense when in the workflow you can cascade them. The idea of having them separately could make sense only for the occupation of screen space, but latency should be already very optimized in the AL version.
- For our classic plugins, we do not want to reduce the number of modules. With Jade however it makes sense
If screen real estate is an issue...
If plugin folder cleanliness is an issue...
Would it be possible to have a tabbed plugin system? Kind of like how Google Chrome works or Excel spreadsheets. Or is that technologically impossible? Even if when you open up the plugin initially it doesn't load anything into RAM except the baseline plugin that displays the GUI?

Kind of like how IK does it with T-Racks except not so many modules.
Old 27th February 2020
Lives for gear

There is an error in the manual. At the bottom of page 39, the frequency response graph for Preamp D is a harmonics graph, not frequency.
Old 27th February 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by doom64 View Post
If screen real estate is an issue...
If plugin folder cleanliness is an issue...
Would it be possible to have a tabbed plugin system? Kind of like how Google Chrome works or Excel spreadsheets. Or is that technologically impossible? Even if when you open up the plugin initially it doesn't load anything into RAM except the baseline plugin that displays the GUI?

Kind of like how IK does it with T-Racks except not so many modules.
We are actively working in this direction
Btw, the solution you are describing is N4, though
Old 27th February 2020
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcusticaCM View Post
Yes, you can. Jade should be included.
ok i tried, it doesnt work
Old 27th February 2020
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by rameron View Post
ok i tried, it doesnt work
are you logged in?
Old 27th February 2020
Here for the gear
if too many plugins is an issue..
if not enough modules is an issue..
if plugin naming is an issue..

..you might have OCD.
Old 27th February 2020
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karlsplatz View Post
are you logged in?

got this message:
"you need to add an applicable product before applying this coupon code."
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search