The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Arturia launch FX Collection: bundle of 15 high quality software effects
Old 15th February 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by misa View Post
A bit strange for sure on the VAT situation, but wouldn’t an easy workaround for that be to use an online retailer? I know in the US, there are a few retailers available for purchasing Arturia software. Perhaps a problem would be if they don’t always follow their promotional pricing.
To your last point, that's almost certainly to be true.

Does anyone know how tax filing works in those countries that have VAT? Here in the US we file taxes annually (and some, monthly/quarterly) and in the cases of individuals with tax exemptions (farmers, veterans, clergy), they list these deductions for refund.
Old 15th February 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpl. Punishment View Post
To your last point, that's almost certainly to be true.

Does anyone know how tax filing works in those countries that have VAT? Here in the US we file taxes annually (and some, monthly/quarterly) and in the cases of individuals with tax exemptions (farmers, veterans, clergy), they list these deductions for refund.
If you're VAT registered and buy a business item from the country you live in, then you pay the VAT (20% in the UK) and then claim it back at the end of every quarter. If you buy a business item from another EU country then you are supposed to be able to buy it without the VAT element. You can claim back VAT paid in another EU country but as far as I know it's a bit of a process.
Old 15th February 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by tedmanzie View Post
If you're VAT registered and buy a business item from the country you live in, then you pay the VAT (20% in the UK) and then claim it back at the end of every quarter. If you buy a business item from another EU country then you are supposed to be able to buy it without the VAT element. You can claim back VAT paid in another EU country but as far as I know it's a bit of a process.
Doesn't Brexit complicate those matters?

(Yes, I know I should gooogle these questions, and now that I'm thinking along those lines, that sounds like an invitation to a political discussion or something that has a high likelihood of devolving into said topic. It's not...)
Old 15th February 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Doesn't Brexit complicate those matters?
Yes :(

Anyway, let's get back to FX!
Haven't had a chance to continue demoing these yet.
And hopefully Arturia can resolve the AU issue soon.
Personally I don't need or want any more compressors, pre amps etc, although I've no doubt they are very good. But new takes on high end tweakable effects units - yes please.
Old 15th February 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
Can you PM me some details about that?

What plugins are failing?
What is your macOS and Logic version?

Kevin
Comp fet-76, comp tube-sta, comp vca-65, delay eternity, memory brigade, tape 201, filter m12, pre 1973, pre tridA, pre v76 - all failed AU validation.

Logic 10.4.4
OSX 10.12.6

Logic failed reports for all plugins as txt file attached to this message.

Thanks
Attached Files
File Type: txt arturia-au-failed-validation.txt (27.0 KB, 18 views)
Old 15th February 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by tedmanzie View Post
Yes :(

Anyway, let's get back to FX!
Haven't had a chance to continue demoing these yet.
And hopefully Arturia can resolve the AU issue soon.
Personally I don't need or want any more compressors, pre amps etc, although I've no doubt they are very good. But new takes on high end tweakable effects units - yes please.
I'm a Windows guy so no issues with VST's here.

I'm going to buy this bundle after the demo is up. The effects are unique and sound great. I added a few filters and verbs to a project I'm working on now and I have to say they are sweet and FUN to use!!

The Germanium pre on the Grampian 636 is amazing on it's own. And as we know the 140 is killer and finally freed me from UAD. The added tweaking options are really useful as well.

Thanks Arturia

G
Old 16th February 2020
Gear Addict

Any progress on the failed AU validation problem? I’d like to purchase the bundle but not until I can actually use the plugins.
Old 17th February 2020
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuintaQuad View Post
Any progress on the failed AU validation problem? I’d like to purchase the bundle but not until I can actually use the plugins.
It seems it's just an issue with the demos. I was able to authorize them after buying and activating the bundle.
Old 17th February 2020
Lives for gear

Very tempted to get these. Have the three delays and really like them. How’s the compressors and pres compared to other stuff? Are they great or just serviceable?
Old 17th February 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuintaQuad View Post
I managed to use them in Logic after doing a reset and rescan in the plugin manager and checking the ‘use’ box on the right hand side. I realised the failed plugins had appeared in a sepearate folder (called incompatible I think).
Old 17th February 2020
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by djrustycans View Post
I managed to use them in Logic after doing a reset and rescan in the plugin manager and checking the ‘use’ box on the right hand side. I realised the failed plugins had appeared in a sepearate folder (called incompatible I think).
Thanks. I tried rescanning and checking the use box already but it didn’t help. I’ll probably go ahead and purchase since Deif posted that the problem seems to only be with the demo version. Hopefully that’s the case.
Old 17th February 2020
Lives for gear

The new algo reverb ‘intensity’ is absolutely stunning for spacey fx. Prefer it to Eventide Blackhole, it seems to just have more dimension. Really like the modulation too. I still prefer the my UAD1176 collection over the Arturia one but the comps are so flexible. The tweakability on the VCA-65 is insane!
Old 17th February 2020
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleazy_Rider View Post
I have the

Compressors
Preamps
Delays

My upgrade is €49 seems if I hadn’t bought the delays....my upgrade would be €49
Do you have any other products from them or just these three out of the full bundle?
Old 17th February 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
The new algo reverb ‘intensity’ is absolutely stunning for spacey fx. Prefer it to Eventide Blackhole, it seems to just have more dimension. Really like the modulation too. I still prefer the my UAD1176 collection over the Arturia one but the comps are so flexible. The tweakability on the VCA-65 is insane!
I'm in fact testing Arturia's Comp 76 against the UAD 76LN and it's actually holding pretty well. Impressive.
Old 17th February 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by SameOh View Post
I'm in fact testing Arturia's Comp 76 against the UAD 76LN and it's actually holding pretty well. Impressive.
To be fair, it’s very good and more versatile but the UAD versions just sound more open than any of the other emulations (to me!!).
Old 17th February 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
To be fair, it’s very good and more versatile but the UAD versions just sound more open than any of the other emulations (to me!!).
Yeah, I kind of agree. Arturia 76 seems a bit more smooth and maybe vintagier.

The UAD Collection is everything you need from 76s but lately I'm enjoying different colors, like the brigther and more aggressive MC77 from PA. And now this could be a nice option on the opposite direction.
Old 17th February 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by vision.noise View Post
Do you have any other products from them or just these three out of the full bundle?
I have pigments 2 and analog lab as well. My price is 99 bucks for the fx
Old 17th February 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by SameOh View Post
Yeah, I kind of agree. Arturia 76 seems a bit more smooth and maybe vintagier.

The UAD Collection is everything you need from 76s but lately I'm enjoying different colors, like the brigther and more aggressive MC77 from PA. And now this could be a nice option on the opposite direction.
Just tried the 76 again against my 76-KT hardware and UAD Rev A and the biggest issue I have with the Arturia is that it distorts and craps out way too early when pushing the input gain. I tried putting a gain plugin first and reducing the input on the plugin (and also output) but it just doesn't have enough headroom... (EDIT: just realised it has something to do with the fastest release)

The UAD can quite easily handle -20db gain reduction momentarily on vocals like the hardware. Can't get more than half of that with Arturia before nasty distortion on fastest release. UAD rounds off those sharp edges better too.

You're right re the more vintage vibe....
Old 17th February 2020
Gear Head

Anyone compared this Arturia's Space Echo to Audiothing Outer Space? I don't have my RE-201 here atm, but from memory Audiothing's plugin is closer to the original.
Old 17th February 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6000 View Post
Anyone compared this Arturia's Space Echo to Audiothing Outer Space? I don't have my RE-201 here atm, but from memory Audiothing's plugin is closer to the original.
Arturia's in interesting in its own right, but I think Outer Space behaves a lot more like a Space Echo.
Old 18th February 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6000 View Post
I sold my Audiothing one to help fund buying the Arturia delays.
Old 18th February 2020
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocolateHawkins View Post
I sold my Audiothing one to help fund buying the Arturia delays.
These are nice delays indeed. However, after comparing to my RE-201, I agree with dublave's post - Audiothing's plugin is much more closer to the original. Plate-140 on the other hand is the best plate plugin I heard alongside Transatlantic Plate Reverb.
Old 18th February 2020
Gear Head
Ive already had the pres,comps,delays for some time. went ahead and did the crossgrade.
i'll easily be designing a new template with a lot of arturia plugins this weekend
Old 18th February 2020
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deif View Post
It seems it's just an issue with the demos. I was able to authorize them after buying and activating the bundle.
Hi thanks for reporting,

We confirm the AU validation problem seems to only occur in demo mode, and not when the plugin is activated. Sorry about this one, we're in the process of fixing this issue for a later version.

However this should not affect the usability of the plugins. If you want to use them in Logic, check the "Use" box in Logic's Plugin Manager (Preferences) for all the failed plugins, close the Plugin Manager and shut down Logic. After reopening Logic, you should normally find the plugins in the "Audio Units/[Incompatible]/Arturia" when you want to insert them.

Cheers.
Old 18th February 2020
TNM
Lives for gear
Installing all the demos to test these babies now.. I have the V collection 4 still and the mini filter and free verb they gave and the price is $199.

i can't see how $199 is not a good price for 15 presumably very high quality plugins.

The world at gearslutz is upside down. I complain when one single plugin is $300 and get lambasted, and yet here people complain about $200 for 15 plugins. I can't make heads or tails of it anymore so just give up.

That said, i'll have to really love them all to spend like 340 AUD once currency conversion and cc fees are counted.. I doubt I have much use for the delays but will see
I am mostly interested in the pres and comps, unless I am hallucinating there is a DBX emu there but with full parallel and adjustable high pass? Tasty.

The problem I have with delays is that they all have a lack of dual filter options and these seem to be no exception. There are many times I like to use delays as an insert and need both a resonant low pass and at least a flat high pass and it is almost impossible to find a delay that does this.. Klevgrand finally had the answer, and Timeless 2 does it also. All the others, if they have a resonant filter, are limited to one filter only.. which makes them useless for me, literally, unless I am using them in a send, and I already have the delay plugins I like to use in a send pretty down pat. I begged tritik to update the TK delay with dual filters as then it would have been my almost everything delay but he wouldn't do it:(
I say almost everything as I still want that Logic tape delay saturated feedback echo sound in some cases.. the only 2 plugins that do that on mac are Valhalla Echo and hornet deelay plus which gets it almost identical, but like Logic lacks resonant filters.. there's always something. I hope I am wrong and the arturia are an all in one as both insert and send. I shall see soon

EDIT, I am surprised Arturia haven't done their take on a tape.

Last edited by TNM; 18th February 2020 at 12:26 PM..
Old 18th February 2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by TNM View Post
The world at gearslutz is upside down. I complain when one single plugin is $300 and get lambasted, and yet here people complain about $200 for 15 plugins. I can't make heads or tails of it anymore so just give up.
No matter what side you come at things there is always gonna be people argue for or against no matter what.

If you find yourself somewhat in the middle of opinions most of the times I think youre fine.....
Old 18th February 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
i can't see how $199 is not a good price for 15 presumably very high quality plugins.
It's a very good price. Speaking only for myself, if I hadn't already invested literally thousands of dollars on many other great plugins that all do the same thing as Arturia's, I'd be jumping all over this. And I probably still will. I loves me some Arturia...

Quote:
People's sense of value comes into play. I spent $350 on Relab's LX-480 because I needed "that" sound for a project. It's become my "go-to" reverb, and I have to view that cost as an investment not for just one project, but for all the subsequent projects I've used it on.

Quote:
I am surprised Arturia haven't done their take on a tape.
Gotta leave room for FX Collection 2. I'd really be interested if (when) they expand it with an "aural enhancements" category with things like tape saturation/simulation, an Aphex 204/BBE 482, subharmonic synthesis...
Old 18th February 2020
TNM
Lives for gear
Quote:

People's sense of value comes into play. I spent $350 on Relab's LX-480 because I needed "that" sound for a project. It's become my "go-to" reverb, and I have to view that cost as an investment not for just one project, but for all the subsequent projects I've used it on.
And that's all well and good, of course.. But I just wish people were allowed opinions without being insulted personally.

BTW, @ Arturia, every single plugin fails logic validation here, but they are fine in PT.
Old 18th February 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Installing all the demos to test these babies now.. I have the V collection 4 still and the mini filter and free verb they gave and the price is $199.

That said, i'll have to really love them all to spend like 340 AUD once currency conversion and cc fees are counted.. I doubt I have much use for the delays but will see
I am mostly interested in the pres and comps, unless I am hallucinating there is a DBX emu there but with full parallel and adjustable high pass? Tasty.

The problem I have with delays is that they all have a lack of dual filter options and these seem to be no exception. There are many times I like to use delays as an insert and need both a resonant low pass and at least a flat high pass and it is almost impossible to find a delay that does this.. Klevgrand finally had the answer, and Timeless 2 does it also. All the others, if they have a resonant filter, are limited to one filter only.. which makes them useless for me, literally, unless I am using them in a send, and I already have the delay plugins I like to use in a send pretty down pat. I begged tritik to update the TK delay with dual filters as then it would have been my almost everything delay but he wouldn't do it:(
I say almost everything as I still want that Logic tape delay saturated feedback echo sound in some cases.. the only 2 plugins that do that on mac are Valhalla Echo and hornet deelay plus which gets it almost identical, but like Logic lacks resonant filters.. there's always something. I hope I am wrong and the arturia are an all in one as both insert and send. I shall see soon ce
EDIT, I am surprised Arturia haven't done their take on a tape.
FWIW, Ohm Force Echoboy has nasty resonant filer delay..
not sure about the dual filter option though
Old 18th February 2020
TNM
Lives for gear
Hmm.. can't believe I am saying this but I am erring on the side of nay thus far.

Cons (IMHO):

The pres: I prefer my UA pre plugins to any on offer here, and they have a limited use whereas the UA ones sound great on a lot of different sound sources. I find them a bit too distortion happy and I can't find the line where they add presence without pumping up the volume too much to where they start to distort. Unlike UA.
I also like IK's pres in their vintage EQ line better.

The delays: I don't like them much at all and I far prefer my UA space delay for that sort of sound (as well as the audiothing). Even the eternity delay is only really useful as a send due to it's lack of separate filters, so I can do the couple "special fx" it offers with many other plugins anyway, and it's not a patch on klevgrand modley as a delay plugin overall.

Verbs: eternity reverb is nice as an effect, but it's the sort of thing you'd only use on a specific sound to get a specific spacey effect.. and it can't be used as an insert cause has total lack of reverb EQ control.. so.. another pass.. and I already have great verbs.

I think the 140 plate is just *terrible*. I won't go further into that one.

The spring.. I am a little up and down on it.. It has an unusual distorted sound but I am *REALLY* happy with the eventide spring which I paid $23 for, as well as my old and trusty psp springs and my UA AKG.

Pros:

Fet 76 is crazy good - the timewarp feature is outstanding in what it can do to transients (either way, make them pop like crazy or squish them to oblivion).. However, I already have arousor.. and softube fet.. so..still, it's very nice, and packed with features especially that S/C EQ
I really like the 76 better than NI's or UA's, however, I am still getting to grips with the tube-sta as it only seems usable with good results on fast release sounds..
Really love the 76 and FET though, enough to say, "If i was was going to buy arturia FX, I'd get the dynamics pack" (presuming that's available on it's own).
But still then, I realise, I don't NEED it. That said, I really like the FET and 76 so it's likely I'll end up with it at some point.

Overall? There's nothing really wrong with any of them besides a couple I don't like, but I am already covered..More than.. It would have to be ground breaking for at least half of the effects for me to spend 200 USD. And i'd have to at least like 3/4 of them. I think for someone new it might be a better buy, someone who doesn't have many plugins.

EDIT: I just realised the latency on the FET and 76 so I am out. It makes it useless to S/C in pro tools. And Logic too which doesn't have proper S/C delay comp (still need to check cubendo 10 on this but 9/9.5 were completely broken also). Wow, 252 samples. Forget it, or at least give us a low latency option. Softube has 4 samples. That's low enough that I can even use it without any adjustment to clip feeding sidechain.
Oversampling can be done with 0 latency or at least certainly lower than 252 samples. Look at the options Voxengo give us. Zero latency OS or linear phase. User choice.
Oh well.. If i want high latency plugins for mixing only I'll stick to UAD.

Last edited by TNM; 18th February 2020 at 04:08 PM.. Reason: latency
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search