The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Matchering 2.0 Open Source INSTANT Audio Mastering tool
Old 1 week ago
News Desk Editor

Matchering 2.0 is a novel Containerized Web Application and Python Library for audio matching and mastering.

It follows a simple idea - you take TWO audio files and feed them into Matchering:
  • TARGET (the track you want to master, you want it to sound like the reference)
  • REFERENCE (another track, like some kind of "wet" popular song, you want your target to sound like it)
  • Our algorithm matches both of these tracks and provides you the mastered TARGET track with the same RMS, FR, peak amplitude and stereo width as the REFERENCE track has.

So Matchering 2.0 will make your song sound the way you want! It opens up a wide range of opportunities:
  • You can make your music instantly sound like your favorite artist's music
  • You can make all the tracks on your new album sound the same very quickly
  • You can find new aspects of your sound in experiments
  • You can do everything as you want! Because of Your References, Your Rules. (just a little nostalgic note) ?

Matchering 2.0 works on all major platforms using Docker.

For more information: https://github.com/sergree/matchering
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Press Desk View Post
Matchering 2.0 works on all major platforms using Docker.
As someone who has to use Docker at work pretty much every day, I would prefer to run away from this as fast as possible.

It might be that Matchering is great, but I wouldn't want Docker anywhere near my DAW!
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by cprompt View Post
As someone who has to use Docker at work pretty much every day, I would prefer to run away from this as fast as possible.

It might be that Matchering is great, but I wouldn't want Docker anywhere near my DAW!
Y? That's a bold statement with no reasons as to why.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by trevon View Post
Y? That's a bold statement with no reasons as to why.
Docker on Linux works great. We (i.e., in my day job) have developed a dotNET SAAS product that runs inside Docker containers on the Azure platform. Totally solid, completely reliable, definitely the way to do it in this day and age.

Docker on Windows is a bit flaky and a bit of a kludge if I'm honest. It works well enough for us to develop on but it's not something I would want to deploy commercially. The configuration is a bit of a pain and, well, I just wouldn't want the hassle of having it on my (Windows) DAW. Updates break and it's not uncommon to have to shut down and restart the Docker containers regularly.

MacOS, being Linux based, might be a totally different beast as far as Docker is concerned, but on Windows, i would have to say Non!

But that's just me based on real-world experience. YMMV and all that.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by cprompt View Post
MacOS, being Linux based....
Just to clarify, MacOS is not”Linux based”, it is based on “Berkeley Unix”.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by brucerothwell View Post
Just to clarify, MacOS is not”Linux based”, it is based on “Berkeley Unix”.
My bad, I know very little about MacOS!
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

I hate the promo video, it's as if they are saying that mastering engineers are evil and only cost money. The same for plugin companies. I don't like that approach, I don't believe in marketing where you make fun of other valid approaches, marketing should be about your own strength. Maybe it's amazing what they made, but don't attack mastering engineers and plugin companies.
Old 1 week ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marando View Post
I hate the promo video, it's as if they are saying that mastering engineers are evil and only cost money. The same for plugin companies. I don't like that approach, I don't believe in marketing where you make fun of other valid approaches, marketing should be about your own strength. Maybe it's amazing what they made, but don't attack mastering engineers and plugin companies.
Agreed. And the creepy robot voice over doesn't help either.
Old 1 day ago
Lives for gear

What a stupid idea. "EQ match" has existed in plug-ins for years. Anyone can do that. Anyone can throw a limiter on after that, and get 90% of what this bull**** application does. Or they can hire an actual mastering engineer, whose prices are not always daunting, and invest in an actul quality result by use of human ears.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search