The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Softube release two Marshall plug-ins: Kerry King Signature and Plexi Super Lead 1959
Old 11th February 2020
News Desk Editor

Softube release two Marshall plug-ins: Kerry King Signature and Plexi Super Lead 1959

Softube release two Marshall plug-ins: Kerry King Signature and Plexi Super Lead 1959-kerry-king-marshall-signature-amp-high-res-gui.jpg

Softube release two Marshall plug-ins: Kerry King Signature and Plexi Super Lead 1959-marshall-plexi-sl-1959-main-gui.jpg

Softube release two new Marshall-branded amplifier plug-ins: Kerry King Signature and Plexi Super Lead 1959

Linköping, Sweden, February 7th, 2020. Heritage meets rock & roll science. When you think guitar amplifiers, chances are you think Marshall. For many years Softube have partnered Marshall in all things software, and now two new native Marshall amplifier plug-ins are hitting the scene.

To begin with, now available natively for the first time, the Marshall Plexi Super Lead 1959. Modeled on Marshall’s own reference unit, a pristine 1967 amp from their museum, and combined with an era-appropriate 1960BHW 4x12” cabinet which was recorded by legendary AC/DC engineer Tony Platt, this is a must-have amp for classic and modern tones alike.

And as if that wasn’t enough, Softube have worked in tandem with his majesty, the undisputed Kerry King of thrash metal, to model an exact replica of his signature guitar amplifier, the Marshall 2203KK, a.k.a. “The Beast”. Not only component-modeling the insanely powerful amplifier itself, right down to its KT88 power tubes and hand-wired circuit, but also going into the studio and out on the road with Kerry, to capture cabinet responses and microphone combinations for both live and recording situations.

You’ll love the realism, both sonic and visual. You’ll love the flexibility, and the depth of the sound at any setting. Most of all, you’ll love the way your music sounds through these epic setups.

For more information: https://www.softube.com/softube-and-marshall#/
Attached Thumbnails
Softube release two Marshall plug-ins: Kerry King Signature and Plexi Super Lead 1959-marshall-plexi-sl-1959-main-gui.jpg   Softube release two Marshall plug-ins: Kerry King Signature and Plexi Super Lead 1959-kerry-king-marshall-signature-amp-high-res-gui.jpg  
Old 11th February 2020
Lives for gear

99euro intro price (149 reg) each. how long is the intro period?
Old 11th February 2020
dio
Lives for gear

Terrible pricing for single amps but typical Softube. It even makes Neural DSP plug ins seem VFM
Old 11th February 2020
Lives for gear

Ola approves!

Old 12th February 2020
Gear Addict

Wow, that is cheap. I like that!
Old 12th February 2020
Gear Maniac

I love Softube, but why the GIANT gui with TINY controls??
Old 12th February 2020
Gear Maniac

i only checked the Kerry king signature so far but this thing kicks ass! very easy to dial in good tones! great work Softube!! one thing, does anyone knows how to disable the cab? would like to check how it works with other cabs irs.
Old 13th February 2020
Lives for gear

AAX-DSP would have been an instant buy for me.
Old 13th February 2020
This sounds like the UAD 1959 Plexi has been put out by Softube natively.
Old 13th February 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by robshrock View Post
This sounds like the UAD 1959 Plexi has been put out by Softube natively.
Correct.
Old 13th February 2020
Lives for gear

I think that years ago when Platt went into how he recorded Back In Black, he mentioned one U87 and one 67, at the same time...

Either way, it is kind of surprising to see that the mic types can’t be fully mixed, so that the 87 is on one channel, and the 67 or Coles
on the other. Or it least it has that appearance.

The sound clips are a bit underwhelming and maybe even surprisingly so...but going to demo for sure, sometimes the sound clips don’t tell the whole story.
Old 13th February 2020
Lives for gear

Demoing both at the moment, along with quite a few others. I was really hoping for more.

The plexi is ok and the KK is cool if that is the sound you are looking for. I will say the mic and cab/ir/mixer selection on the plexi is very cool while the KK mixer/cab/ir thing is a hot mess.

Also the whole Softube installation deal is a totally overblown pain in the ass. I uninstalled it all after a day and a half.

I'd say there worth $50 to 70 bucks in this market.

G
Old 15th February 2020
Gear Head

Demoed the Plexi and while it's definitely great, it's not better than some of the other amp sims and for the price I don't see any reason to buy it.
Old 15th February 2020
dio
Lives for gear

Also, again no standalone?
Old 17th February 2020
Gear Nut

seems like Softube lives in 2010 with their price policy. For that price I can buy a bundle of amps with the same or better quality. STL,Mercuriall,Neural, IK etc. Not bad but not for that price
Old 3 weeks ago
dio
Lives for gear

This is the only native format YouTube review that I have found for the Plexi. It think that it is hilarious too... (perhaps not for Softube)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I4yPmaYR_K8

Last edited by dio; 3 weeks ago at 08:30 AM..
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

The Plexi will be included in the upcoming Volume 4 bundle.
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by dio View Post
This is the only native format YouTube review that I have found for the Plexi. It think that it is hilarious too... (perhaps not for Softube)

He really don't know how to use it. What a schmock.
Old 3 weeks ago
dio
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc No View Post
I always take both rave and trash reviews with a grain of salt. However, to be the devil's advocate, the dude also used some of the presetes in the end. I mean... how many things should you "know" in order to play with the presets of an amp sim?

Anyway, I haven't tried the Marshalls demo(s) yet but I have all of their other amp plugins. Even though I love the Eden bass plugin, I think that at this point they should either release an MKII version of their >decade old amps or just discontinue them. They are really hurting the Softube brand name...
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Mmm, you can hear the subharmonic distortion that does sound off the mark on various chords, adding some ugliness, and the character of the fizzy upper harmonics seem a bit off too.
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc No View Post
Quote:
the dude also used some of the presetes in the end. I mean... how many things should you "know" in order to play with the presets of an amp sim?
Quote:
Originally Posted by toledo3 View Post
Mmm, you can hear the subharmonic distortion that does sound off the mark on various chords, adding some ugliness, and the character of the fizzy upper harmonics seem a bit off too.
I'm no Marshall expert, so it sounded kinda Marshally to me. But what about the sound is "merda" (to quote the video guy), or, alternatively, what was he doing wrong? He said even the presets were "non bene" but I'm kinda curious what's going on here.
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:

Here are three more:

My thoughts on this plugin, now that I can hear it on my own material? Kuassa Caliburn, Scuffham S-Gear and Mercurrial Spark sound more real. More like how recorded Marshall amps sound.
Old 3 weeks ago
dio
Lives for gear

Thanks, but that's only one more (I was only talking about the Plexi). In any case, I will check it soon...
Old 1 week ago
Gear Guru
I kinda like the fact that Softube doesn’t compromise on pricing. Like Kush and Slate keeps some sort of resale value. Nothing worse than spending $300 ona plug in and a year later it’s on sale for $30-....!
Old 1 week ago
Gear Nut

Quote:
a year later it’s on sale for $30
even with Softube you can get 150$ plugs for ~40$, around Xmas.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search