The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
New: MANHATTAN DRUMS - A superb jazz drum kit for Kontakt
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Smile New: MANHATTAN DRUMS - A superb jazz drum kit for Kontakt

MANHATTAN DRUMS

A superb jazz drum kit with breathtaking realism and perfect playability.
  • Use the 10-channel mixer with optional microphone bleed to get a huge range of impressive sounds.
  • Instantly create authentic drum tracks with built-in grooves, and play realistic variations with the mod wheel.
  • Explore other styles and get instant inspiration with 21 versatile presets.
Intuitive, fun and super tasty: an essential addition to your sound tools!

Available now at a great intro price!
More info: LDLC - Kontakt Libraries

Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Sounds very good.

Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Thanks!
The drums and the cymbals had such a beautiful sound, I tried to sample them all as well as I could.
Drums were Gretsch New Classic Mapple Kick and Toms, Yamaha Recording Custom Snare, Vintage Zildjian Avedis Hats, and two handmade Istanbul Agop crash/rides. Such a lovely kit!

Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Will there be a brushed version of this exact library as well?
Old 1 week ago
Gear Nut
Exquisite samples! I bought the cymbal rolls a few years ago and love it. I am a a sucker for drums and these are incredibly competent for the genre. I will be buying these shortly!
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Sounds fantastic.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Thanks guys for the feedback!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dickiefunk View Post
Will there be a brushed version of this exact library as well?
There's no brushed version planned. Though it's a bit of a different concept, the library KICK N' BRUSH is also really nice for brushes. It has built-in grooves and a full brush kit in the latest update.
You can find it on the same page:
https://www.loopsdelacreme.com/kontakt-libraries
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Ok thanks. I was hoping you sampled this exact kit with brushes on the same session to release at a later date. This kit sounds really good and it’s a shame more types of beaters weren’t used.
Old 6 days ago
Gear Maniac

The sound is great and this possibility for midi variation with modwheel-control is brilliant!
Brushed version of this kit would be nice!
Old 6 days ago
Lives for gear

Thanks! The modwheel control works really well, it really brings these grooves to life and is tons of fun.
I'm currently thinking about updating Kick n' Brush with such functions.
Old 6 days ago
Tui
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boogaju View Post
Thanks!
The drums and the cymbals had such a beautiful sound, I tried to sample them all as well as I could.
Drums were Gretsch New Classic Mapple Kick and Toms, Yamaha Recording Custom Snare, Vintage Zildjian Avedis Hats, and two handmade Istanbul Agop crash/rides. Such a lovely kit!
It sounds great.

Have you tried playing the samples with an electronic kit? Important are the HiHats, for example. Are they mapped to produce a natural response?
Old 6 days ago
Lives for gear

Thanks!!
Haven't tried it with edrums yet. It was mostly developed with and for keyboards and pad controllers.
The Hihat has one main 'closed' articulation with 19 velocity layers (they go from fully closed to slightly open for more realism) and one extra 'loose' articulation with 23 velocity layers. Plus the 'foot' and 'open' articulations.
Old 4 days ago
Gear Head

How many roundrobins?
Old 3 days ago
Lives for gear

Round robin is entirely done via scripting, no extra RR samples. Works very well in this context, and as long as you use various velocities for grooves and rolls, results are very natural and realistic
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search