The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Airwindows Neverland: Mac/Windows/Linux AU/VST
Old 1 week ago
Airwindows

Software Airwindows Neverland: Mac/Windows/Linux AU/VST

TL;DW: My old Neve emulation from 2007

Neverland.zip(373k)

I'm super sick today with a high fever, so I gotta keep this real short so I can go rest. (may or may not be showing up in livestreams Monday and Tuesday: thing about Tuesday is, technically I can just set my modular synth playing and let it run, since it's got so much self-composing stuff in it now)

Neverland is my old Neve emulation from 2007. It's out of the Character collection, and I'm re-releasing these in 64 bit and VST because there are people asking me to do that. If I make it exactly like how it was, you can open old mixes and retain the settings you had, so the Character plugins are kept exactly the same (though they do get denormalization fixes, and the dithering to 32 bit floating point where applicible).

Hope you like it. I'm going to go and rest
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Hope you feel much better ASAP Chris
Old 1 week ago
Gear Maniac

Take care Chris, you need some rest, hope you get better soon.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Get REST.
Old 1 week ago
Get well soon!
Old 1 week ago
Chris,
Rest up. I'd rather see you take a week or two of rest and heal up, rather than struggle for your supporters and potentially elongate an illness.

Self-care is important.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Nut

Get well soon, Chris
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Thank you Chris and get healthy ASAP
Old 1 week ago
Gear Nut

Wow, this sounds really nice on the 2 buss.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

slapped it on my bass channel. and it adds a nice texture that i hardly achieve with other plugins. well done my friend! this thing jumps on my short list...
Old 1 week ago
Airwindows

Remember, the 'hardness' control might be better used like a switch! Zero hardness is the 'Density' algorithm. Hardness of 1 is 'no saturation curve at all, just hard clip at 0dB'. The hardness settings between that are the ones where it brings in a soft-clip (like Density, in fact it is Density) at a specific point and then 'densities' over to the fully clipped point, within the space it's got left.

I found that people really hated the introduction of specific points where the algorithm switches from one thing to another. It was useful to learn. Now that old code is coming back because these are proper reissues that can be dropped into old projects and work, so I'm going to warn you about one possible downside to using the hardness control actively.

On the other hand, if the way you mix requires just that behavior and it works for you… you're welcome
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

I don't know if its possible but maybe add a second hardness mode derived from OneCornerClip and Call the plug "Nevertheless" ?...
(where "waveshaping ends up getting one corner on departing the clip and one rounded onset when entering the clip").
Old 1 day ago
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJHollins View Post
Get REST.
Glad to see your advice has been taken.

Get well soon, Chris.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search