The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Fuse Audio Labs releases the VPRE-2C
Old 2 days ago
  #151
Gear Addict
 
fuseaudiolabs's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by b0se View Post
Ray - ever thought of releasing a channel strip? You have all the ingredients!
It's funny you say that *hint hint* .. time will tell though
Old 2 days ago
  #152
Lives for gear
 
b0se's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by fuseaudiolabs View Post
It's funny you say that *hint hint* .. time will tell though
Old 2 days ago
  #153
Lives for gear
 
mljung's Avatar
...and I found out that I could trust the dogs ears and fine wording - I'm getting this

::
Mads
Old 2 days ago
  #154
Lives for gear
 
Jpga's Avatar
 

What a wonderful tool,
Bought
Old 2 days ago
  #155
Gear Maniac
 
nichttuntun's Avatar
 

A wonderful plugin. I love it on dark pads, especially the dense ans sparkeling textures it can add in the lower regions. I also like it as a bass distortion divice. If cranked up it has a strong compressing effect and I find this very useful. Thank you Reimund.
Old 4 hours ago
  #156
Lives for gear
 
mljung's Avatar
Purchased - beautiful, subtle brush of extra micro-details and focus in space without eq. A very nice tool to combine with other subtle sound shapers.


::
Mads
Old 1 hour ago
  #157
Here for the gear
 
hivestudios's Avatar
I have a bunch of Fuse plugins, and I love them all, but I have a problem with all of them that I wonder if anyone else experiences.

I use Pro Tools and an Apple Magic Mouse. All of these plugins are extremely touchy when it comes to the trackpad on top of the mouse. Just the slightest stroke on top of the mouse will send a knob flying up and down in value. It's a pain, because I hold the mouse button down as I slowly set the level I want on a given knob, but just letting go of the mouse button is enough to change the value drastically as I'll inadvertently rub the top of the mouse with my finger.

This isn't only with Fuse plugins, some plugins from other companies will exhibit this kind of behaviour. Black Rooster plugins are just as bad. DMG Equilibrium does it a little bit too... as well as others. I don't remember this kind of thing happening before, but it's something I've noticed over the past 6 months... it could be that Pro Tools changed something... but the thing is that a lot of other plugins don't exhibit this kind of behaviour at all.

It's frustrating because I've actually just not used a plugin I like because I can't be bothered with just trying to set the knobs where I want them.
Old 1 hour ago
  #158
Gear Addict
 
fuseaudiolabs's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by hivestudios View Post
I have a bunch of Fuse plugins, and I love them all, but I have a problem with all of them that I wonder if anyone else experiences.

I use Pro Tools and an Apple Magic Mouse. All of these plugins are extremely touchy when it comes to the trackpad on top of the mouse. Just the slightest stroke on top of the mouse will send a knob flying up and down in value. It's a pain, because I hold the mouse button down as I slowly set the level I want on a given knob, but just letting go of the mouse button is enough to change the value drastically as I'll inadvertently rub the top of the mouse with my finger.

This isn't only with Fuse plugins, some plugins from other companies will exhibit this kind of behaviour. Black Rooster plugins are just as bad. DMG Equilibrium does it a little bit too... as well as others. I don't remember this kind of thing happening before, but it's something I've noticed over the past 6 months... it could be that Pro Tools changed something... but the thing is that a lot of other plugins don't exhibit this kind of behaviour at all.

It's frustrating because I've actually just not used a plugin I like because I can't be bothered with just trying to set the knobs where I want them.
Hi hivestudios,

Thanks for your report. The issue is probably located in the VSTGUI SDK which is the cross platform framework we’re using to implement our user interfaces. Black Rooster Audio’s UIs are based on the same technology so it isn’t surprising they exhibit the same issue. Anyway, please contact us with the details via PM or the support form and we’ll try to reproduce and investigate the issue ASAP.

Does holding down the shift key while moving the knobs help btw.?

Best,
Ray
Old 1 hour ago
  #159
Gear Addict
 
fuseaudiolabs's Avatar
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by mljung View Post
Purchased - beautiful, subtle brush of extra micro-details and focus in space without eq. A very nice tool to combine with other subtle sound shapers.


::
Mads
Thanks for the praise everybody! We’re grateful you’re digging the VPRE.
Topic:
Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…
Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Forum Jump
Forum Jump