The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
D16 Group Syntorus 2 - Triple Path Analog Chorus
Old 5 days ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calagan View Post
Playing with some minutes, it sounds very similar to the first version, but is much easier to use and is more versatile (because of the cleaner/bigger GUI and the new features).
It now adds latency while v1 did not.

Sounds excellent though.
Old 2 days ago
Gear Addict

This passed hard test with 909 cymbals. Good job, full support. Do you mind update also 101 with that quality attention to details and "analog" sound?
Old 2 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by linkstate View Post
This passed hard test with 909 cymbals. Good job, full support. Do you mind update also 101 with that quality attention to details and "analog" sound?
So you use it as a de-harsher for cymbals, thats what I usually do. Is it a step up from version 1?
Old 1 day ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by filterfreak View Post
So you use it as a de-harsher for cymbals, thats what I usually do. Is it a step up from version 1?
I have never used v1. But for time based fxs I am usualy listening for spatiality, high freq smearing (kinda deharsher), front-back translation. This is (not only) stereoizer for mono sample based cymbals. I am waiting for natural good stereo image with less smearing and positioned front back effect. The least artificial 3D positioned sound. You know how some vsts can sounds plasticy? I think these polish guys have ears and use their plugins for productions because I have played with this plugin and you can find many sweet spots there. My cymbals test is because you can hear effect of these plugins I wrote above very easily and you kinda know how good cymblas should sound. Not a case for endless synth possibilities.
Old 23 hours ago
Lives for gear
All this time I thought chorus fx were for melodic instruments like guitars. Using chorus on percussion instruments is definitely not a traditional way of working. Normally you would use a delay or reverb for creating spatiality.
Old 17 hours ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by miscend View Post
All this time I thought chorus fx were for melodic instruments like guitars. Using chorus on percussion instruments is definitely not a traditional way of working. Normally you would use a delay or reverb for creating spatiality.
it is delayed and filtered and if needed modulated. And you are right strong modulation is not good for percusions but is good for long tones (guitar, synth,...) I use this chorus for synths also. Also for percusive material as I can hear mentioned things easily. I have lots of chorus that seems to sound good on long tones but fails on percussions. This one is versatile time delay family fx. BBD chips wich were delaying signal were used to these fx: delay, chorus, kinda reverb, chorus, flanger. It is about delay time (mono, stereo, more delay lines), filters and modulation of it. Than you can get desired effect. I was looking for versatile Juno chorus wich is dense and can be slow that you almost dont hear modulation and it can sound like space generator (bbd reverb). For me good reverb simulates long room this chorus is little different but simmiliar to sound of some space. Btw. spanish guitar can be also "precusive". If you try using chorus on percusive material slowest modulation and moderate wet % can give you sense of space but keep transients almost intact.
Old 10 hours ago
Gear Addict

Sounds great.easily the best plugin chorus to date.i feared the overhaul would change the algo at its core,but the oversampling just improves it really.great update
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search