The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Electric To Double Bass Converter
Old 2 weeks ago
  #1
Gear Addict
 
PastToFuture's Avatar
 

Lightbulb Electric To Double Bass Converter

Electric To Double Bass Converter-double-bass-converter-cover.jpg

This is the second time that we’ve sampled a Double Bass body.

The first one was a 3/4 body, now you can get the biggest 4/4 body.

We used 2 Vintage Neumann Microphones (U47 & U87) and AKG 414.

Neve 1073 Mic Preamps and printed them on tape to capture the best image of this Vintage Contrabass.

We also managed to capture that natural big round woody sound which only a Double Bass can produce.

(24Bit/96kHz Wav Files) (Stereo & Mono Files)

Just don’t forget to put your direct signal to off (0%) in your IR loader. Or add dry signal to your taste.

Works best with Fretless Basses and Acoustic Basses with Piezo. But also sounds huge and unique with bass guitars like Fender Jazz Bass. It can add a big woody body to any kind of Bass Source.

Check out the on-off demo! (Please Use Headphones)



No mastering was added to the demo. What you hear is what you get.

Available now at; www.gumroad.com/pasttofuturereverbs

We are proud to bring you sounds you can’t find anywhere else!

A Past to Future Release
Attached Thumbnails
Electric To Double Bass Converter-double-bass-converter-cover.jpg  
Old 1 week ago
  #2
Gear Nut
 
Ken Lusk's Avatar
If the recorded track is 24/44.1kHz will the 24/96kHz IR work?
Old 1 week ago
  #3
Gear Addict
 
PastToFuture's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Lusk View Post
If the recorded track is 24/44.1kHz will the 24/96kHz IR work?
Yes
Old 1 week ago
  #4
Lives for gear
 

The 3/4 and 4/4 really sound fun (I'm a double bassist who doesn't always have time to break out "the tree") despite entirely missing the sound and dynamics of double bass strings and the fundamentally different approach to pizzicato playing.

THAT SAID, they are certainly useful IRs, so well done! For instance, I like the idea of trying them with a u-bass or a Hofner McCartney style.

Can someone advise the latency when using the IRs, as they could be fun for live performance?

Thanks!
Old 1 week ago
  #5
Gear Addict
 
PastToFuture's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by diggo View Post
The 3/4 and 4/4 really sound fun (I'm a double bassist who doesn't always have time to break out "the tree") despite entirely missing the sound and dynamics of double bass strings and the fundamentally different approach to pizzicato playing.

THAT SAID, they are certainly useful IRs, so well done! For instance, I like the idea of trying them with a u-bass or a Hofner McCartney style.

Can someone advise the latency when using the IRs, as they could be fun for live performance?

Thanks!
Thank you.
IR's don't put extra latency so you can use them live.
Lots of people use cab IR's live with their kemper, Helix which is basicly the same thing
Old 6 days ago
  #6
Gear Addict
 
PastToFuture's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by diggo View Post
The 3/4 and 4/4 really sound fun (I'm a double bassist who doesn't always have time to break out "the tree") despite entirely missing the sound and dynamics of double bass strings and the fundamentally different approach to pizzicato playing.

THAT SAID, they are certainly useful IRs, so well done! For instance, I like the idea of trying them with a u-bass or a Hofner McCartney style.

Can someone advise the latency when using the IRs, as they could be fun for live performance?

Thanks!
P.S. it sounds amazing with U-Basses.
Old 4 days ago
  #7
Lives for gear
 

OK, cool, this coud be great for live performance, but I'm a little low on computer resources in that regard. Forgive my ignorance, but does a footpedal exist which is designed to load IRs?
Or, failing that, I have a Windows tablet which might suit if it has sufficient CPU.
For the use I have in mind, my laptop is already a dedicated sampler running Kontakt and it's already pushed to the limit (it's stable, but fully loaded up).
Thanks for any advice!
Old 4 days ago
  #8
Gear Addict
 
PastToFuture's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by diggo View Post
OK, cool, this coud be great for live performance, but I'm a little low on computer resources in that regard. Forgive my ignorance, but does a footpedal exist which is designed to load IRs?
Or, failing that, I have a Windows tablet which might suit if it has sufficient CPU.
For the use I have in mind, my laptop is already a dedicated sampler running Kontakt and it's already pushed to the limit (it's stable, but fully loaded up).
Thanks for any advice!
Helix and Kemper can load IR's..
Old 3 days ago
  #9
Lives for gear
 
huub's Avatar
Very good! Works very well on my fretless with flatwounds! i would have preferred the mics a bit closer but still happy.
Do you guys have a piezo DI recording before and after for your Martin acoustic guitar IRs? The audio demo is not very clear to me. (no A/B and I'm not really sure what it is I'm hearing)

Huub

Edit; nevermind, I bought the bundle
These are very useful for turning those godawful piezo pickups into something listenable.
I tried other IR's but have not found something I can use before.
I'm going to keep this a secret and not tell anyone :D
Old 3 days ago
  #10
Gear Addict
 
PastToFuture's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by huub View Post
Very good! Works very well on my fretless with flatwounds! i would have preferred the mics a bit closer but still happy.
Do you guys have a piezo DI recording before and after for your Martin acoustic guitar IRs? The audio demo is not very clear to me. (no A/B and I'm not really sure what it is I'm hearing)

Huub

Edit; nevermind, I bought the bundle
These are very useful for turning those godawful piezo pickups into something listenable.
I tried other IR's but have not found something I can use before.
I'm going to keep this a secret and not tell anyone :D
Thanks a lot

But please tell it further
Old 2 days ago
  #11
Lives for gear
 
sirthought's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by diggo View Post
OK, cool, this coud be great for live performance, but I'm a little low on computer resources in that regard. Forgive my ignorance, but does a footpedal exist which is designed to load IRs?
Or, failing that, I have a Windows tablet which might suit if it has sufficient CPU.
For the use I have in mind, my laptop is already a dedicated sampler running Kontakt and it's already pushed to the limit (it's stable, but fully loaded up).
Thanks for any advice!
FYI...Strymon's new Iridium pedal loads up to three IRs on a given amp model. There are three amp models (Fender Deluxe, Vox AC30, and Marshall Plexi). However, you can turn off the amp models if you wish and just use the IR. I have heard some examples of electric bass going through the amps and it sounded good to me, but I realize some bass players might not find that satisfying. I plan to buy one of these and do play electric bass.
Old 1 day ago
  #12
Gear Addict
 
PastToFuture's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirthought View Post
FYI...Strymon's new Iridium pedal loads up to three IRs on a given amp model. There are three amp models (Fender Deluxe, Vox AC30, and Marshall Plexi). However, you can turn off the amp models if you wish and just use the IR. I have heard some examples of electric bass going through the amps and it sounded good to me, but I realize some bass players might not find that satisfying. I plan to buy one of these and do play electric bass.
Great idea that also works with acoustic guitar IR's
Old 1 day ago
  #13
Lives for gear
 
sirthought's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by PastToFuture View Post
Great idea that also works with acoustic guitar IR's
I don't know if you can get ahold of one of these performance pedals with IR loader, but it would be keen to see a video demonstrating switching between the various acoustic/bass IRs for a live situation. Really could hammer home the impact.
Topic:
Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…
Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Forum Jump
Forum Jump