The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
VoosteQ releases Material Comp effect plugin with intro pricing
Old 2 weeks ago
  #61
Here for the gear
 

Hi Guys!

In this short time, we implemented:
1. Supports Material Window hide with a single click.
2. Adjustable weight of Slider & Knob operation.
3. Adjustable meter scale.

The meter scale is planned to be variable (60, 45, 30, 15) dB or (60, 40, 20) dB.
how is it?


Future implementation & FIX:
1. Plugin resizing.
2. Improve Burst.
3. Fix random crash.


Please wait.
I'm sorry if I upset you.

We are also working on PayPal.

Thanks,

VoosteQ
https://www.voosteq.com
Old 2 weeks ago
  #62
Lives for gear
 
spectacular g's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by VoosteQ View Post
Hi Guys!

In this short time, we implemented:
1. Supports Material Window hide with a single click.
2. Adjustable weight of Slider & Knob operation.
3. Adjustable meter scale.

The meter scale is planned to be variable (60, 45, 30, 15) dB or (60, 40, 20) dB.
how is it?


Future implementation & FIX:
1. Plugin resizing.
2. Improve Burst.
3. Fix random crash.


Please wait.
I'm sorry if I upset you.

We are also working on PayPal.

Thanks,

VoosteQ
https://www.voosteq.com
Thank you very much

I'm certainly not upset in any way and I hope the rest feel the same.

The future is bright, we have so many incredible tools available to us these day's and I would like nothing more than to see this plugin and your company be a huge success!!

G
Old 2 weeks ago
  #63
Gear Maniac
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoosteQ View Post
Hi Guys!

In this short time, we implemented:
1. Supports Material Window hide with a single click.
2. Adjustable weight of Slider & Knob operation.
3. Adjustable meter scale.

The meter scale is planned to be variable (60, 45, 30, 15) dB or (60, 40, 20) dB.
how is it?


Future implementation & FIX:
1. Plugin resizing.
2. Improve Burst.
3. Fix random crash.


Please wait.
I'm sorry if I upset you.

We are also working on PayPal.

Thanks,

VoosteQ
https://www.voosteq.com
I'm planning to purchase based on your efforts to read and respond quickly to the discussion here on GS. Cool plug and great customer/trial user support!
Old 1 week ago
  #64
M2E
Lives for gear
 
M2E's Avatar
 

Hello VoosteQ, here is what I found in my first impressions.

1. Great idea for a plugin
2. Ah, it's shows version when going to name of company - I like
3. Undo function - Great (How many undos do we get?)
4. Parameter Lock - Great idea but hidden, why
5. GUI pretty clean
6. Needs a hide function for the Real Time Graphic
7. Tided the input and output sliders to the meter. If I was the beta tester on this, I wouldn't have suggested that unless you can hide the graphic analyzer and when you do, the meter goes sideways and the input and output sliders retain their position.
8. Love the SC Filter listen icon/feature
9. Love the special section
10. I see the MS mode but when turning it on, don't see the functionality to take advantage of that mode ala turn up the middle or sides
11. Stereo unlink - Priceless
12. Oversampling doesn't use much cpu - GREAT/Thanks
13. I would have suggested if I was the beta tester being able to arrange the modes ala Pre-Amp into Comp into Analog etc or change them around to get new type of sounds. This could be a game changer with that.
14. Like the mix knob on a couple of the modes but not all knobs, why?
15. Mix knob is weird. Bypasses output slider - why?

These types of things should have been caught in beta mode. Not to mention heavier knob/slider weights to feel more well, analog I guess you can say.
There are other things that could take this to the next level as well, but this is a great start.

Hit me up (PM me) if you need a great (Mac) beta tester. I've worked with Pulsar Audio's MU and new plugins, Black Rooster Audio's All plugins, Klanghelm's MJUC, Sknote's Distressor, and now with United Plugin's new and all plugins coming.

Thanks, Marc
Old 1 week ago
  #65
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by M2E View Post
15. Mix knob is weird. Bypasses output slider - why?
Eh? A normal mix knob, aka dry/wet SHOULD bypass all input/output sliders for the DRY side of the knob. What makes theirs so frustrating that this is not the case. INPUT gain slider is controlling both the wet and the dry signal which is really bad design.

OUTPUT Gain slider works correctly, it is only applying gain to the WET part of the dry/wet slider, as it should because it is the only place for makeup gain.

In my humble opinion, the easiest to use mix/dry/wet knob is one that simply lets through the original signal on the dry side and can not be manipulated amplitude wise in any way. This way you can always do the amount of blend you want in a parallel situation and it all stays easy and intuitive.


.. or maybe this was what you meant by it not reacting to the output gain? You meant the dry signal part which means it reacts exactly like the wet part and would then make more sense. However, I still think a completely static dry signal path is much easier for the user to understand.
Old 1 week ago
  #66
M2E
Lives for gear
 
M2E's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmanic View Post
Eh? A normal mix knob, aka dry/wet SHOULD bypass all input/output sliders for the DRY side of the knob. What makes theirs so frustrating that this is not the case. INPUT gain slider is controlling both the wet and the dry signal which is really bad design.

OUTPUT Gain slider works correctly, it is only applying gain to the WET part of the dry/wet slider, as it should because it is the only place for makeup gain.

In my humble opinion, the easiest to use mix/dry/wet knob is one that simply lets through the original signal on the dry side and can not be manipulated amplitude wise in any way. This way you can always do the amount of blend you want in a parallel situation and it all stays easy and intuitive.


.. or maybe this was what you meant by it not reacting to the output gain? You meant the dry signal part which means it reacts exactly like the wet part and would then make more sense. However, I still think a completely static dry signal path is much easier for the user to understand.
Hello bmanic, well think of it like this. If you raise the input, the mix knob is no longer valuable because the mix knob seems to be going off the input slider.
This would work if, it is based of the input signal not the slider.
Since the Mix Knob is based off the input slider, then you should be able to volume match with the output slider then use the mix knob to get a great experience.

Try this, raise the input +10db then use the mix knob and you will see what I'm saying.

The audio should go through the mix know first to get the original signal then through everything else.

JusMyThought, Marc
Old 1 week ago
  #67
Lives for gear
 
TonStrom's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by M2E View Post
Hello VoosteQ, here is what I found in my first impressions.

1. Great idea for a plugin
2. Ah, it's shows version when going to name of company - I like
3. Undo function - Great (How many undos do we get?)
4. Parameter Lock - Great idea but hidden, why
5. GUI pretty clean
6. Needs a hide function for the Real Time Graphic
7. Tided the input and output sliders to the meter. If I was the beta tester on this, I wouldn't have suggested that unless you can hide the graphic analyzer and when you do, the meter goes sideways and the input and output sliders retain their position.
8. Love the SC Filter listen icon/feature
9. Love the special section
10. I see the MS mode but when turning it on, don't see the functionality to take advantage of that mode ala turn up the middle or sides
11. Stereo unlink - Priceless
12. Oversampling doesn't use much cpu - GREAT/Thanks
13. I would have suggested if I was the beta tester being able to arrange the modes ala Pre-Amp into Comp into Analog etc or change them around to get new type of sounds. This could be a game changer with that.
14. Like the mix knob on a couple of the modes but not all knobs, why?
15. Mix knob is weird. Bypasses output slider - why?

These types of things should have been caught in beta mode. Not to mention heavier knob/slider weights to feel more well, analog I guess you can say.
There are other things that could take this to the next level as well, but this is a great start.

Hit me up (PM me) if you need a great (Mac) beta tester. I've worked with Pulsar Audio's MU and new plugins, Black Rooster Audio's All plugins, Klanghelm's MJUC, Sknote's Distressor, and now with United Plugin's new and all plugins coming.

Thanks, Marc

very good observations and suggestions !
Old 1 week ago
  #68
Gear Nut
 

Just trying this now and especially on the mixbus in Modern and VCA mode it seems really really pumpy. Anyone else? Even relatively conservative levels of GR like 2db (according to the metering) cause a lot of very dramatic pumping that I can't replicate with other comps like VSC-3 even with waaaay more GR. Any tips?

Seems like a really cool product, and I had to try it out after reading the great post by @ Idontcare , but I'm having trouble making it sound good over the whole mix. Having a lot more success on the drum bus, FWIW. And it's great how active the developers have been on the thread

Edit: I had very small amounts of the preamp spice and glue magic on before--I'm getting much less of the pumping effect with them turned totally off.
Old 1 week ago
  #69
Lives for gear
 
denork's Avatar
Any way to restart the trial? I installed it when the demo made noise, and I didn't use it anymore, now I wanted to try the demo without noise and it already expired.
Old 1 week ago
  #70
Gear Nut
 

I've been testing this a lot the past day or so and have really gotten into it, with some caveats: on the mixbus, the preamp spice and glue (for me at least) is best used in VERY small amounts if at all, especially the preamp spice on the default Harmonic setting. Like 5%. Probably goes without saying, but same for the special section. I really like it, but a little can go a long, long way. All of that on top of the general analog flavor choices (so far I'm preferring Cheep Console, the Neve, and sometimes American), this comp has the potential to drastically change your audio, which might be perfect or might be waaaay too much.

I've mostly been using Modern and Luxe VCA, as well as Tube which I'm liking a lot, but curious to get more into some of the other modes. The compression action itself is really great, no funny stuff. Sounds convincing even when pushed really hard, no weird artifacts that sound like they're being imposed on the audio from outside.

One thing that needs some work is the metering. I'm mostly going by the visual/vertical meter for gain reduction as it seems to match up closest with what I'm hearing, but most of the time it seems like it has very little relation to the GR numbers at the bottom of the meter. For example, I'll see close to 5db GR on the vertical meter, but the numbers at the bottom will say -0.9 or something. Great to see that the developers will add an adjustable meter scale, too, that will make it a lot easier to work with.
Old 1 week ago
  #71
Lives for gear
 
TonStrom's Avatar
very cool massager for softsynths

Last edited by TonStrom; 2 days ago at 08:28 PM..
Old 2 days ago
  #72
Here for the gear
 

Hey Guys!

We will release Material Comp v1.0.3 within a few days.
This update adds some features and improves some bugs.

If the 14-day trial mode is over, you can use the new DemoMode.
The new DemoMode has no trial period, outputs silence periodically and saves are disabled.

Please wait a few days!

Thanks,

VoosteQ
https://www.voosteq.com
Old 2 days ago
  #73
Gear Nut
 
roystone's Avatar
 

Very cool compressor! Unfortunatly some presets like bass di crashes/freezes cubase 10.5 each time.
Hopefully you can catch this bug in this next update.
Usually I m not a preset guy but with this comp they are often a good starting point.
I also had one freeze just touching the nobs without preset.
I bought it anyway because it can sound really good! I put my autosave on 5 min and I use it anyway...
Topic:
Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…
Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Forum Jump
Forum Jump