The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Audio Damage Rough Rider 3
Old 29th January 2020
Old 30th January 2020
Gear Addict

Hopefully they will update the Pro version too. Bought it long ago and it could really do with a Mix knob and GUI makeover like this one.
Old 2nd February 2020
Lives for gear

What is special about this compressor?
Old 2nd February 2020
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by lydfar View Post
What is special about this compressor?
As its name suggests it can be very rough, which works well for parallel blend, when you want to add some character.
Imagine similar effect for which you'd use 1176LN with all buttons in or say SoundToys Devil-Loc.
Just put it on some drum bus or loop track and try some of its presets.
Not that it's not achievable other ways, but this one is free and very nice.

Michal

Last edited by msmucr; 3rd February 2020 at 10:42 AM..
Old 3rd February 2020
Lives for gear

This thing (at least the former two) should be really called : ThwaComp
Old 4th February 2020
Here for the gear

I love the character on this plugin - I don't have Plugin Doctor or anything but even doing a null test with zero compression, the sound is noticeably darker.
This is a strange comparison but it reminds me of how the CLA-3A slightly boosts mids, combined with the power of Devil-Loc (though it's still not as strong to me)
Old 5th February 2020
Really looking forward to trying this new version. I have been in love with this comp since the first version and choose it over many new and expensive comps for drums. It is the perfect combination of eq curve (darkening but mid boost) and over the top, crushing compression that really makes sample drums sound great. If your drums seem wimpy, too bright, too clean and lacking character than I highly recommend this plug. Thanks to Audio Damage for this super useful free plug!!
Old 5th February 2020
Gear Addict

Yes, looking forward to trying the new version.
Old 15th February 2020
Lives for gear

Trying a bit more lately and coming to the conclusion that this thing is KILLER! Smashing transients with 0ms attack is so good!
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search