The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
UJAM Releases Finisher NEO Audio Effect Plug-in
Old 3 weeks ago
News Desk Editor

UJAM Releases Finisher NEO Audio Effect Plug-in-finisher-neo-gui-final.jpg

Finisher NEO, the first professional audio effect from the UJAM Finisher series, is immediately available in VST, AU, AAX plug-in formats for both macOS and Windows. Following the free Finisher MICRO released in December 2019, Finisher NEO takes the idea to the next level with more content and deeper control options for musicians, sound designers and engineers.

About Finisher NEO

Finisher is a new concept of audio plug-in, designed to deliver the power and flexibility of a full rack of audio processors and effects with the instant gratification that UJAM products are famous for. With Finisher NEO, UJAM makes its debut in the audio effect market, applying the philosophy of playful musical exploration and fail-proof simplicity.

Finisher is a creative, musical effect plug-in that is supposed to inspire and delight, during the process of making music rather than perform technical audio processing tasks.

Finisher NEO features

• Pro-grade stereo audio effect plug-in
• Modular engine featuring 27 algorithms from granular pitch to multi-band distortion
• 50 Modes – complex multi-effect chains made by pro sound designers
• 130 Presets for instant inspiration, over and over
• Uber-easy operation via 3 simple macro knobs controlling dozens of parameters under the hood

UJAM’s Wolfram Knelangen says: “Don’t be fooled by its tame-looking surface! Finisher NEO hides it’s freakishly large array of effect algorithms and automation under the hood and chances are you will be dazzled by the sounds you can create with it. NEO is the first of its kind and a sheer endless source of inspiration and delight while warranting minimal interruption of your creative flow. We have thought long and hard about whether to come out with an effect, and how to apply the UJAM way of keeping-things-simple to the audio effect world. While designing an instrument you are automatically guided by either the natural instrument that is being emulated, or the category of sound that you’re trying to create, let’s say synthesizer as an example. With effects however, the challenge is more complex, as they are meant to be applied to anything, from a voice to a drum sound, to a string section playing pizzicato. Also, in choosing audio effects and adjusting their parameters there is an inherent creative process that is both a central ingredient to an artist’s personal sound, as well as a joyful, playful exercise during the inception of a composition. Think movie scores, any type of EDM, chill-out, but also modern forms of jazz, new classical music or commercial pop music. Finisher NEO is our take on making that joyful exploration as easy and rewarding as possible and we hope it will inspire musicians, composers, producers and sound designers from all places and genres.”

Pricing and availability

Finisher NEO is now available on www.ujam.com/finisher-neo for a 69 EUR / USD introduction price until February 9, 2020. Thereafter, the regular price will be 99 EUR / USD.

All Finisher plug-ins are available as a direct download in VST, AU, and AAX formats for any compatible DAW, including Logic, Garageband, Cubase, Ableton Live and Pro Tools. Free, fully functional 30-day trial available.

Attached Thumbnails
UJAM Releases Finisher NEO Audio Effect Plug-in-finisher-neo-gui-final.jpg  
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Awesome gonna give it a demo.
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

Testing it right now. First impression: Really good. Quite a variety of soundscapes and so far I am really pleased with the quality of sound. Gonna test it further. Even though I love tweaking stuff it´s kind of fun to be limited right at the moment. My ears like what they hear.
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Addict

Totally useful. Grabbed it yesterday. Quick and just another great tool for tweaking sounds.
Old 2 weeks ago
Company Rep

Hello from the makers!

Hi there Gearslutz folks,

I'm Peter Gorges, and as some as you may know, I'm not new to Gearslutz, but here for the first time in my capacity with UJAM, which I founded after selling my first company Wizoo to Digidesign and then leaving Digidesign.

I just wanted to say Hi and let everybody know that I'm very interested in any kind of feedback on our first audio effect Finisher NEO.

This is a new thing for us and planned as an ever evolving plug-in series, and we'd like to hear and learn from the people who use it, and those who don't.

How do you like it? What do you not like? If you had a wish for the next titles, which ones would it be? Whatever you want to share - thanks in advance!

If you don't have it yet, you can play with it for 30 days (no limitations), get it here:
https://www.ujam.com/product/finisher-neo/

If you want some more background (and: correct, I don't love to be filmed):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mWuUPI5RF-0

Cheers,
Peter
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Wizoo Verb was killer sounding. Now I have to demo this one
Old 2 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by ujam View Post
Hi there Gearslutz folks,

I'm Peter Gorges, and as some as you may know, I'm not new to Gearslutz, but here for the first time in my capacity with UJAM, which I founded after selling my first company Wizoo to Digidesign and then leaving Digidesign.

I just wanted to say Hi and let everybody know that I'm very interested in any kind of feedback on our first audio effect Finisher NEO.

This is a new thing for us and planned as an ever evolving plug-in series, and we'd like to hear and learn from the people who use it, and those who don't.

How do you like it? What do you not like? If you had a wish for the next titles, which ones would it be? Whatever you want to share - thanks in advance!

If you don't have it yet, you can play with it for 30 days (no limitations), get it here:
https://www.ujam.com/product/finisher-neo/

If you want some more background (and: correct, I don't love to be filmed):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mWuUPI5RF-0

Cheers,
Peter
I'd like to have access to more controls for the various FX in Neo (eg several of the presets have baked-in autopanning where the panning speed can't be changed or turned off). Keep the three-knob UI as a default, but add a button that reveals more controls for the currently-selected FX modules.

Being able to change the order of the FX modules would also be useful in some situations.

FWIW, having two preset menus on the UI seems a bit redundant.
Old 2 weeks ago
Company Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamont Cranston View Post
I'd like to have access to more controls for the various FX in Neo (eg several of the presets have baked-in autopanning where the panning speed can't be changed or turned off). Keep the three-knob UI as a default, but add a button that reveals more controls for the currently-selected FX modules.

Being able to change the order of the FX modules would also be useful in some situations.

FWIW, having two preset menus on the UI seems a bit redundant.
Thanks Lamont. We'll have to think about a smart way to expose more controls for sure.

FWIW the big (and apparently not obvious) difference between the Modes and the Presets is this: A Preset changes the Mode AND the three knobs. Changing the Mode leaves the knobs alone.

- Peter
Old 2 weeks ago
Company Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by filterfreak View Post
Wizoo Verb was killer sounding. Now I have to demo this one
I like to say that WizooVerb was world-famous in a very small world. It wasn't a success, but those who had it were the most dedicated fans of any product I've ever been involved with.

- Peter
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear
I know this is a thread for UJAM Neo, but since people are shouting out Wizooverb, I would like to say that I miss Wizoo Darbuka and am sad that it was never updated. :(
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Head

Hi Ujam,
This sounds lovely but I really want to get under the hood and be able to modulate the parameters.
I would definitely buy a version that had an edit tab that opens it up. As it stands, it sounds good but I feel it’s crying out to be tweaked more.
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Nice plugin!!

I am also tempted to have access to more parameters to tweak. But that also goes against one of the main design criteria I suppose. Anyway I was able to get a few really cool effects quickly with the given controls and save them as user presets.

G
Old 1 day ago
Company Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeegee 303 View Post
I know this is a thread for UJAM Neo, but since people are shouting out Wizooverb, I would like to say that I miss Wizoo Darbuka and am sad that it was never updated. :(
Sorry for my late reply - I was out on vacation and then sick (how "convenient"). Let me honestly say I was sad too that we never got to continue or upgrade Darbuka and Latigo. Like WizooVerb, both were extremely popular with their users, but not a huge business success - to put it in perspective, the VIs we had developed for Steinberg sold 5-10 times as many. That's why Digidesign - after acquiring Wizoo - and our distributor M-Audio (who was a part of Digidesign) decided to not continue. Who knows, maybe we'll revive the concept in UJAM, as we did with Virtual Guitarist.
Old 1 day ago
Company Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by spectacular g View Post
Nice plugin!!

I am also tempted to have access to more parameters to tweak. But that also goes against one of the main design criteria I suppose. Anyway I was able to get a few really cool effects quickly with the given controls and save them as user presets.

G
Guys, just ensuring you that all requests for more control (and there are quite a few) are taken to heart. Yes the fail-free design criteria is kind of sacred to us, but we'll think hard about getting users best of both worlds. As a question: Would say 10 extra knobs that slide out (just making this up) solve your problem or is it more about being able to twist every single screw in the machine room?
Old 1 day ago
Gear Maniac

Hi Peter, it's great to have you here. Another fan of Fin Neo, it somehow reminds me a bit of the Mutable Instruments Clouds. Even the based green - white color I really love the sound demos of the Clouds for Softube, but it takes a lot of CPU. Would be cool if you could add more ambient reverb stuff like that, with a focus of crisp high frequency. It's clean, but thick with lots of movement and not sterile or death sounding. Really want to have something like that but low on CPU. Fin Neo is my best solution so far, which is even better on certain part.
Old 1 day ago
After using and enjoying the lighter free version for awhile, I purchased this when it was released. I am happy with the purchase and constantly amazed by the variety of sounds quickly available.

If you do add more control - "extra knobs" - I like the idea of them only being visible when wanted, and not always cluttering the GUI. Speaking only for myself, I like the idea of not-a-lot-to-mess-with but also can see advantages of more control if needed for the specific task at hand.

I enjoy adding this to a track and quickly flipping through a number of presets. I have only one complaint. I was doing that once with headphones on and came to a preset which was a LOT louder than the others. I grabbed the headphones so fast to get them off my ears, my glasses and cap went flying. I have tried to recreate that, but with no success. It happened so quickly and was so startling that I didn't even notice which preset it was before removing the plug.

My courage finally returned and I continue to use and enjoy the plugin, but never again with headphones, and I always turn the volume down quite a bit when swimming through the presets. Once bitten, and all that.

Except for that one caveat, I really enjoy this.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search