The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
United plugins presents Verbum - Entropic Hall
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamont Cranston View Post
Another vote for a Dry/Wet mix lock. This would be my #1 feature request.

My #2 feature request would be a numeric readout that appears when you're moving the controls. Can be a popup above the control, or a readout somewhere on the top strip next to the preset selector (similar to what Softube do). Make it an option for those who prefer the current situation, if necessary. And, yes, I know you can double-click on the control to bring up a window. That's more of a data entry feature – it doesn't provide live feedback while you're moving the control.

And my #3 feature request would be a drop down menu on the preset selector, rather than a separate floating preset window. Drop down menus are quicker to navigate, requiring fewer mouse clicks for the same task. Again, it can be optional if some people prefer using the current preset window.

Very nice reverb, btw. I'm finding it really excels at creating natural-sounding small spaces.
Hey thanks for good points! I will think what is possible to implement.
Quote:
irst thing I noticed is when using Verbum, I experienced regular hard crashes with Cubase Pro 10 (I work with Cubase every day as part of my job, it rarely crashes on me, so I'm positive it's Verbum). Any chance for a fix?

When it comes to the sound of Verbum, words that come to mind that I believe describe it the best are organic, old, classic, dirty and raw. I can appreciate that kind of sound from a reverb so that's a good thing.

However, Carloff mentioned that "it can be very clean and precise in dimension as I would expect from modern high-end reverb". I personally don't agree with that statement, because I can't get it to sound as sophisticated/clean/modern as some of my favorite reverbs in my collection that I believe shine in that department. It's probably misinterpreted by me, but somehow I expected it to offer me something that would remind me of the Bricasti M7 reverb, but in my experience that's certainly not the case. But like I said, that confusion is probably on me.

I personally believe the strength of Verbum is in the opposite direction, the organic, raw and classic sound. I hear vibes of plate and even spring in it when dialing in all kinds of reverb sounds. So yeah, like I said before, I can really appreciate that kind of sound and I can see myself using Verbum when I'm looking for that kind of vibe.
This is quite weird, I'm myself Cubase 10,5 user ( mainly on Cubase last 17 years) and Verbum was past half of the year tested on Steiny the most. Never had any problem. Could you please PM me your system?
About clean sound there are quite clean sounds in the presets. The trick is to use more ER (they are really inspired by M7) , than LR and put controls like mods, colour lush etc to 0 and Damp to 20khz.
Old 2 weeks ago
GBP
Gear Head

Personally I prefer Carloff’s first iteration as there is more control.....
I always new it was a good reverb and have now been testing thoroughly....fortunately

No crashes here on Cubase 10.5 Mac
Old 2 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Can't get it to work, hard crashes StudioOne 3.6.5 (Win10) during plugin scan. Tried it in FL studio then and get crackling.
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Head

It’s a beautiful reverb! Congratulations.
Old 2 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Quote:
Thanks Gamono, watched the whole thing..!
Thanks jsblack- inspiring reverb
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

I’ve been having a bit of a gap to fill with a great character reverb. Having Nimbus and R4 is great but sometimes I need something that sticks a out more. Would you guys say this would be a good compliment?
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search