The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Acustica Audio releases Emerald2! A new Gem is in the box!
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

If this is that similar to the Lindell Audio TE-100, great, I own that already.

I'm still hoping someone can tell me what to do about all the files that weren't put in an AA, Acqua or Celestial folder. All I've gotten so far from AA is download Aquarius Manager, which I had already done and used to install Celestial. Can I manual create folders and put the files there? If so, what should be the name of the folders? I only have Celestial. Thanks!
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Head

Until now the Emerald 2 EQ is my only product from Acustica Audio. First I have tried to use directly the installer file but this was not successfull. Then I have tried using Aquarius and this way worked well. I have let Emerald install automatically via Aquarius and did not care about any folders. The installation via Aquarius was succussfull.

Until now I have worked only on a voice-over project (male/baritone voice) where I liked Emerald 2 very much. I compared Emerald 2 to Lindell TE-100. And I am the owner of an K&H UE-1000 so that I could test the Emerald in comparison to the hardware. My vocal chain was Blue B6 capsule on type B mic (solid state) + tube preamp (Q2) + tube comp (Q2).

In the end I decided for the Emerald 2 plugin, not for the hardware and not for TE-100! The Emerald 2 is different from the UE-1000. The Emerald does use different eq ranges which were better suited to my voice-over project than the ranges on the UE-1000. I was not successful to get the same sound, I liked most, on my UE-1000, though the results with UE-1000 were not bad. The TE-100 also worked well however the Emerald 2 was more detailed and transparent. Maybe it was because I have used a tube preamp that I prefered the Emerald against the TE-100. Maybe when using a solid state preamp the TE-100 could be better, I dont know.
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Yeah matching them (Emerald and TE-100) was not easy at all, because of different Freq. points and pots doesn't add the same amount of dBs on the same setting.

Agree on the Emerald sound a bit cleaner and smoother as well, but the difference was way smaller to worry about when 4x oversampling enabled on the TE-100. I also noted TE-100 way more sensitive to gain-staging than Emerald.

Aquaris yeah makes life so easy ... enjoy ur new plug
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcusticaCM View Post
Hi Midmost! If you could open a ticket not only for Emerald but also for the other issues with your products we can help you out!
How long to you usually need to reply to a support ticket?
It’s been more than 7 days now
Old 2 weeks ago
Company Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by midmost View Post
How long to you usually need to reply to a support ticket?
It’s been more than 7 days now
I've sent you a PM, the ticket response is faster than ever.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search