oeksound soothe2 released

Downloads:
https://oeksound.com/downloads/soothe2/

Product info:
https://oeksound.com/plugins/soothe2/

Review by Sound on Sound:
https://www.soundonsound.com/reviews/oeksound-soothe-2

soothe harshness, save time

soothe2 is a dynamic resonance suppressor. It identifies problematic resonances on the fly and applies matching reduction automatically. This results in a smoother, more balanced sound and saves you from having to notch out the frequencies by hand. The reduction kicks in only when and where needed without affecting the nearby frequency areas. This preserves the timbre of the original sound source and results in transparent treatment with minimal artefacts.

soothe2 can be used to reduce harshness, sibilance and mud from the sound source, and excels in fixing a range of problems. With soothe2 you can:
  • Remove harshness from close mic’d sound sources
  • Transparently manage sibilance in vocals and dialog
  • Treat uneven tonal balance from suboptimal recordings
  • Clear muddiness, boominess, and proximity effect
  • Soften overly bright guitar and piano recordings
  • Tame piercing synth sounds

soothe2 saves time and effort in audio work. It is equally at home on individual tracks and on busses. It works wonders on anything from sound design and post-production to the most demanding mastering applications.

quick yet detailed

soothe2 has been designed with simplicity in mind. It is fast to set up and easy to use, yet allowing you to fine tune the processing to your needs. Pressing the delta button presents you with what soothe2 is removing, and is the quickest way to understand what the processor is reacting to.

The modern, well thought-out and informative user interface makes it easy to target just the frequency areas you wish, with control over the frequency range and sensitivity of the process. The unique frequency graph shows the reduction exactly as it’s happening.

improved in every aspect

soothe2 is our second take on the concept of resonance removal. The algorithm has been redesigned from the ground up to improve sound quality, performance and flexibility while retaining its ease-of-use.

The new soft mode is a more transparent and easy to use approach for most cases, while the hard mode lets you hone in on extreme resonances and energy build-ups.

soothe2 works on the entire hearing range. Where the original plug-in was targeted towards mid and high resonances, soothe2 pushes the frequency range all the way down to 20 Hz. The improved precision on low frequencies opens up the possibility to treat muddiness and rumble, and effortlessly balance low end resonances.

The addition of the attack and release parameters lets you slow down the processing to leave transients intact, and opens up the possibility to use soothe as a resonance-based tonal balancer.

Other key new features:
  • Mid/side mode, overall and per band
  • Optimised performance and lower latency
  • External sidechain input

all grown up

soothe2 is a result of years of research and development. It combines novel heuristics for finding resonances with advanced filtering techniques to minimise degradation of the signal quality. The process is free from pre-ring, crossovers, and summing artefacts commonly found in dynamic equalisers and multiband compressors. The algorithm has been carefully tuned by ear to provide musical results that are hard to unhear.
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

Oh, no. I just bough soothe less than 2 months ago. Grace period maybe?
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

I still can't get any respond from the maker of Soothe about getting my licence deposited to a USB key. I bought it when it was released and since then, he changed the copy protection twice, and I can't reinstall it any longer.
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Been using version 1 for a long time, great product! Olli @ oeksound has also been very helpful with questions. Positive experiences all around.
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Can I try the demo of soothe v2 whilst keeping soothe v1 still installed?
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by anon View Post
Can I try the demo of soothe v2 whilst keeping soothe v1 still installed?
Sure! They are two separate plugins and can be run side by side in the same project.
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgrohn View Post
Sure! They are two separate plugins and can be run side by side in the same project.
cool thanks
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oni. View Post
Oh, no. I just bough soothe less than 2 months ago. Grace period maybe?
The upgrade price (50€) is the price difference of full versions (the original soothe was 149€, soothe2 is 199€). So new licenses and upgraded old licenses have exactly the same total price regardless of the purchase date.

We believe this is the most fair option for everyone, especially for those that bought soothe just before the update announcement.
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic_Beast View Post
I still can't get any respond from the maker of Soothe about getting my licence deposited to a USB key. I bought it when it was released and since then, he changed the copy protection twice, and I can't reinstall it any longer.
Sorry to hear that. I assume that you have been in touch with our support via email? Please drop us a line referring to the previous message and we'll do our best to sort it out.

I'm not sure what's the exact issue you are facing, but we still support our old license management system (the original soothe up to version 1.1.4) for customers that bought soothe before the transition to iLok. Old licenses can also be converted to iLok licenses.
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgrohn View Post
Sorry to hear that. I assume that you have been in touch with our support via email? Please drop us a line referring to the previous message and we'll do our best to sort it out.

I'm not sure what's the exact issue you are facing, but we still support our old license management system (the original soothe up to version 1.1.4) for customers that bought soothe before the transition to iLok. Old licenses can also be converted to iLok licenses.
Last night, just in case, I moved the license to my ilok key. However, I’d like to avoid using ilok, because it needs to be synchronized (at least in my case) on the net, before it can be used. Since my studio computer (intentionally) miles away from any internet hub – it is a massive pain, not to mention that ilok is often misbehaving in my studio.

If I remember correctly, originally, there was an option to save an old license on a standard USB key that would allow me to use soothe without constantly reauthorizing it during re-installs. I just can’t figure out how to do it properly yet.
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Nut

The new features are quite useful and very well implemented. The workflow is intuitive. Great job with the update!
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

is it worth upgrading ?

whats the main advantage or is it only sleight change ?
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajscent View Post
is it worth upgrading ?

whats the main advantage or is it only sleight change ?
They have a video on site highlighting the changes.
Old 3 weeks ago
New and better algorithm, much more options, more diverse usage scenarios, less cpu usage are the main changes. This is a lot. Trying the demo as 50 bucks is a lot, too...
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Absolutely worth the upgrade!

Attack and release are worth it alone.

I had upgrade issues due to having an older license install from the first week it came out. Contacted support and they had me sorted in an hour.

10/10
Old 3 weeks ago
ukm
Gear Nut

I just upgraded from an older license too without any problems.
Very nice new features.
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Um, WOW. Really good first impression.
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Nut
Is anyone having issues with pro tools? when inserted on a track I'm getting the red "DLY" icon. Doesn't seem to be properly compensating for the plugin.
Topic:
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search