The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
New Radar Convertor
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

New Radar Convertor

Now how did this not get mentioned?
Attached Files
File Type: pdf New Radar Converter.pdf (703.5 KB, 176 views)
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobtwiddler View Post
Because nobody from iz cared to post it in the namm section over here AND it can’t be found on their site either..

So.. maybe because of this?
And also maybe also the cultural shift we’re living..

Cheu
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Who is running iZ these days?
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Realtugs View Post
Who is running iZ these days?
This is also another good question..

I believe since Barry Henderson left, I don't know exactly what is happening there..

great products.. I hope they could get this thing going..

Cheu
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

They were also developing their own DAW at one stage.

I think it was called Session.

Now it looks like this company since Barry has left has had one session too many.

Cheers
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

From what I can see in the photograph it’s only a holder a case if you like or even a chassis.
It has no digital inputs or output. Is the power supply made to the highest quality ?

There are so many options today on the market that includes ADAT S/PDIF and much more.

As it’s only a module, card holder or chassis if you like, I think the price should be $1300 for the holder chassis
The problem with IZ Corp is their prices are way too high considering all the choices out there today.
This could be good but if IZ price it too high this could end up like their sessions software never released. There’s too many options out there today with fantastic features and sound. For example you can buy an Apollo X and have that sonically upgraded by black Lion audio to sound even better.
So IZ Corp keep the price reasonable. We all love the sound of your products but keep the price within reach.
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

Maybe I'm wrong maybe you get the converters with the Half rack mount Case.
Is the half rackmount case available on his own ? If it is and for under $1500 that's a winner.
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

I have confirmed with IZ that the chasis without the card alone is $2800.00. I have an Ultra Nyquist card I was thinking of moving over, but I might just stay in the ADA II setup I already have... Imho this is a pretty good deal though as I paid around 15k for my 8 channel IZ setup.
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooleyocity View Post
I have confirmed with IZ that the chasis without the card alone is $2800.00. I have an Ultra Nyquist card I was thinking of moving over, but I might just stay in the ADA II setup I already have... Imho this is a pretty good deal though as I paid around 15k for my 8 channel IZ setup.
The only thing I have to say is good luck iz corp the pricing for this unit is just ridiculous considering it comes with NO converters, NO S/PDIF, NO AES , NO ADAT
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Radar Studio was a ridiculous, unwanted and unneeded contamination of the ultra stable Radar platform.

The plain fact is that the original Radar format was why people bought Radar. No bells and whistles, analog style recording that sounded amazing.

They were the only purpose built answer to the desire to record in an analog tape style workflow where the artist had to perform or go home.

Radar 6 was the last real Radar system and you just don’t see anyone letting go of those setups.

With heavy heart,

Pat
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

this appears to be a Dante interface. Which makes sense. Those radar converters are great, and a lot of people already own them. Here's a way to use them in in the new century.....
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by NathanBarley View Post
this appears to be a Dante interface. Which makes sense. Those radar converters are great, and a lot of people already own them. Here's a way to use them in in the new century.....
Yes I agree with you but to spend $3000 on an empty box just to put them in is crazy
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Boo.. prediction is IZ will be like the dodo if they don’t get with the market as there just isn’t enough broadcast work to justify that pricing structure, where there are deeper pockets!
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

So it's $3000 for IZ converter their 8 track converter only eight tracks in out at 192 sampling rate then you have to pay another $3000 for the box to put it in this is madness

Look at this all for $3,000
https://en.antelopeaudio.com/products/orion-studio-sc/

6x DSP + 2x FPGA Synergy Core FX Processing
Thunderbolt™ 3 & USB 2.0 Connectivity
12 discrete mic preamps with mic/line/instrument/direct recording
State-of-the-art AD/DA converters
64-bit Acoustically Focused Clocking with oven-controlled crystal oscillator
2 mastering-grade Stereo monitor outputs
2 individual Stereo headphone outputs
2 Insert inputs and 2 ReAmp outputs
2x ADAT, S/PDIF, Word Clock digital I/O
16 line outputs on DB25 connectors
Integrated Talkback microphone
Intuitive software Control Panel with flexible signal routing
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

As a former iZ dealer, all I can say is “buyer beware”. The current ownership does not support legacy customers who were promised ten year warranties by Barry when they bought into RADAR Studio.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisrulesmore View Post
As a former iZ dealer, all I can say is “buyer beware”. The current ownership does not support legacy customers who were promised ten year warranties by Barry when they bought into RADAR Studio.
Wow..
Sad to hear that..
But I guess their marketing and R&D department reflect that in this product “announcement”.. I guess..

I really hope they can go back on track.. IZ Radar was a fantastic product, high quality conversion and great customer support.

Cheu
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

...but possibly ruined by the new owner(s)/management!
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Man. Huge bummer.

How many times does this happen though? A great company is bought and/or goes public, the bean counters get involved and everything goes to ****.

Radar was KNOWN for their customer support. Without that anymore (apparently), well....
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

Look IZ look at all of this

$5000
Avid MTRX Studio Audio Interface Features:
Compact 1RU chassis
Computer Connection: 2 Digilink ports
Mic/Inst Inputs: 2 x 1/4", 2 x XLR
Analog I/O: 16 x 16 (DB-25) + 2 x 1/4""
Dante I/O: 64 channels
ADAT I/O: 16 x 16
Monitor Profiles
Monitor Groups, Fold Downs, Group Formats
Integrated Speaker Processing
256 filters on 16 channels
Routing Matrix: 512 x 512
Sample Rate: 44.1kHz–192kHz

https://pro.focusrite.com/category/a...tem/red-16line
$3,499.99
64x64 All-In-One Interface, 32x32 Dante I/O
Red 16Line is a 64-in/64-out Pro Tools | HD and dual Thunderbolt 3 audio interface with ultra-low latency A-D/D-A conversion, Red Evolution mic preamps, up to 121dB dynamic range

$4000
The Lynx Aurora (n) 24 Dante is an 24-channel Dante mastering-grade A/D and D/A converter
The Lynx Aurora (n) 24 Dante features a new range of AD/DA conversion based on the Hilo converter augmented by the latest FGPA technology to provide improved transparency, imaging and detail. Furthermore, additional cards will add further flexibility adding preamps, analogue summing and Digital I/O.
In addition, there is an onboard micro-SD recorder with up to 32 channels of direct recording and playback, two audiophile grade headphone outputs and a new 1-in 3-out Word clock I/O.
Lynx Aurora (n) 24 Dante Mastering AD/DA Converter Main Features:
24-channel Dante AD/DA conversion
Complete redesign integrates Hilo Converter Technology (HCT) for analogue I/O to achieve significant improvements in transparency and reductions of both noise and distortion
LSlot expansion slot for Dante connectivity
Configurable I/O - pre-amp, summing & AES3+ADAT modules to be released in 2017
Up to 32-channels of real-time recording and playback via onboard micro SD card
Two audiophile-grade headphone outputs
1 in/3 out Word clock I/O with Lynx exclusive second generation SynchroLock-2 sample clock technology
Universal power supply
Designed and built in the USA

$3000
The flagship Apollo x16 allows music producers, project, and post-production studios to track, overdub, and mix with new world-beating A/D and D/A conversion, HEXA Core UAD plug-in processing, Dual-Crystal clocking, and 7.1 surround sound monitoring — all in a sleek rackmount Thunderbolt 3 audio interface for Mac or PC.

Built upon UA’s 60-year heritage of audio craftsmanship, this 18 x 20 interface boasts the widest dynamic range (133 dB) and lowest THD+N (-129 dB), of any integrated audio interface on the market. Plus, with all-new HEXA Core processing, you’ll get 50% more DSP for running acclaimed UAD Powered Plug-Ins in real time

Going beyond the included Realtime Analog Classics Plus plug-ins, Apollo x16 lets you tap into the full UAD Powered Plug-In library of legendary vintage EQs, compressors, reverbs, tape machines, channel strips, and more — at near-zero latency, regardless of your audio software’s buffer size and without taxing your computer’s CPU.
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

IZ your asking $3000 for one card Ultra Nyquist 192khz 8 tracks $3000 for the second card 8 tracks total 16 tracks of Ultra Nyquist 192khz AD DA.
The box to put it in is $3000 total $9000 you cannot be serious

No blank slots to upgrade in the future
No Thunderbolt™ 3 & USB 2.0 Connectivity
No ADAT I/O: 16 x 16x
No S/PDIF
No AES
No mic preamps with mic/line
No individual Stereo headphone outputs
No onboard micro-SD recorder with up to 32 channels of direct recording and playback, like on the Lynx Aurora (n)
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Head
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisrulesmore View Post
This is a really unfortunate outcome for such a great product.

Quote:
We will continue to support our legacy products...
https://www.prosoundnetwork.com/busi...nership-for-iz
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

I don't know what to say.

I invested into a Radar 6 early on when Barry was running the show.

Then I upgraded power supplies/ drives

then to "Studio" With Touch.

Even helped out at the "Radar Studio" product launch party in Burbank with Daniel Lanois.

as I got into using my Radar ,an IZ tech was able to get my touch screen calibrated over the phone using team viewer.

Next thing you know , Barry and family are out.

Now it seems like Raymond is the only person answering calls.

I have a hard time with phone calls understanding what he is saying or pronouncing sometimes.

Either his blutooth is bad or the phone connection is bad.

Certainly not using Radar converters for the phone.

I'm not used to Barry Henderson not being there.

That was a huge selling point for me.
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Guru
Weren't they going to do something with Harrison Mixbus at one point? I was excited about that!.....
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Addict

emailed this thread to IZ.
I use my RADAR every day. Love it!
Hopefully things will turn around, but it's not looking good.
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

Why did Barry Henderson step down ?
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Prolly got an offer he couldn’t refuse!
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

I've been thinking there must be good reasons why IZ have gone this route by not including additional Digital inputs and outputs and keeping the box simple.
Maybe there's something about this box or chassis whatever it's called that could rival all other units.
IZ if you can drop your prices then I'm sure you will have a lot more support and sales.
I'm sure there's much more information to come regarding the performance of this unit which could set a new level. I personally think Barry Henderson is a genius for what he has done and IZ Corp are great, but would have a lot more support if the prices were much more reasonable, there a small company so they need more support if they're going through hard times that's understandable. But they should learn from from their mistakes and listen to their customers more.
Old 3 weeks ago
Here for the gear
New RADAR Converter

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobtwiddler View Post
Hello,

I can shed light on a few points raised in this thread, since I work with the company.

• The new Converter wasn't mentioned in the NAMM forum because it wasn't officially released at NAMM. It is set to launch in March 2020.

• A more up-to-date image can be found on
Twitter

• We're putting our energy into bringing products to market that live up to the reputation of RADAR. We understand what this means because the current team (including Paul) were part of Creation Technologies — the company that created the original RADAR (marketed by Otari) — and the same people have designed and built every piece of hardware since.

• We're moving away from direct sales and will be working more collaboratively with our Authorized RADAR Dealers — which in turn should provide you with better support.

• While the pricing may not be mass market, it will be competitive with other modular, high-channel-count (A/D and D/A) converters.

• More information will be available soon on our new website. (RADARrecording.com will be refreshed in February 2020)
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Yeah baby...

I for one can't wait...
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Addict
i still love my RADAR II. i've loved RADAR converters since i first used them in the 90's in nashville when it seemed everyone had those machines.

tracking drums on RADAR was the first time i heard digital that sounded like analog. the top end on cymbals just sounded...right.

i've had my own RADAR II rig for awhile now, and i still would love to use those converters on everything. it's a bit tricky as i can only export AES and TDIF, and can't really save files to just export into a PT rig.

i'm very interested in that new LUNA system from universal audio and honestly have thought about finding an otari UFC24 so i could convert AES into ADAT and just use my RADAR as the front end to my apollo's to record when i'm tracking.

i had no idea barry stepped down. he was always great to deal with.

i still say RADAR makes the best sounding converters...and i've tried pretty much everything except JCF and the newest Apogee and antelope stuff.

VIVA LA RADAR !!!
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search