The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
The Sauce by DJ Swivel available now!
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Well congrats on the new plugin. I feel it looks great. Gonna demo and if I like it, I’ll buy it..as is.
Old 4 weeks ago
sounds like a well thought out plugin...it reminds me of the JJP Vocal I had once (but don't tend to use)...maybe there are producers who will appreciate the names and styling but for me it suggests it's not for professionals (who tend to be savvy enough to understand the actual technical terms)...that said, it looks like a decent package as a one stop vocal processor...
Old 4 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodakell View Post
tbh, this plugin seems like it was meant for children and maybe gearslutz isn't the best demographic for this... lol but either way i still love you dj swivel and im sure this sounds great, just not for me.

Also, theres so many big name engineers collaborating with developers on "vocal processing" "all in one" plugins that seem to be geared toward a consumer demographic. You can get CLA Vocals which is easily one of the best all in one vocal processing plugins ever made imo for like $29 regularly.

Not sure where this sits among all the others in terms of quality but either way ur kind of asking a lot with this price for what it is.
I suppose I can work on the language used to promote it, but The Sauce is actually entirely different from CLA Vox of any of those. The goal of The Sauce is to creatively manipulate your vocal. It's not meant to be a channel strip, it's really more about Vocal chops. Pitching, formant shifting, distorting, mangling, etc. I typically mix my vocal first with my normal vocal chain, maybe an SSL channel, or a combo of ProQ 3 and some compression etc, then The Sauce goes on at the end to get a more dramatic effect. I'd encourage you to try it out and see if it fits. I assure you, it's not geared towards kids. It's only geared towards being creative, quickly.
Old 4 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelvyn View Post
As they say ’You never get a second chance to make a first impression’
Context and by that ’The playing field’ is important when releasing a new product. So there are a couple of things IMHO that could do with a little tweak. It might be prudent to have an introduction price that gets your production on more peoples machines that then hopefully creates a buzz/word of mouth effect. It's nice to have nifty names for effects but workflow and ease of use is paramount and as boring as it might seem, reverb, delay etc, work. Being able to instantiate on more than one machine is a must, I guess the minimum would be three.
The promo video is really professional
Just my two cents...
We launch our introductory pricing tomorrow. 33% off for 2 weeks. I was waiting until all of the other suppliers were online (Sweetwater, GC etc). So if you're interested, I encourage everyone to wait until tomorrow to purchase!

Regarding the naming this is something we're absolutely going to address. Either as a button in the settings to change the naming (which would make file size larger - those retina GUI assets are big), or with a mouseover function. Part of the purpose of the naming was to encourage people to just try different things. Similar to a "texture" knob on my Neve Shelford Channel. It's not clear exactly what it does, but it does encourage tweaking which for me usually ends up in a more creative and productive workflow. But I suppose everyone is different and so I think it absolutely makes sense to give users the option. I appreciate the advice!
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Thanks for the plugin Swivel.

Multi-band pitch is something i have never heard of.

Big fan of your mixs!

Xander
Old 4 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by trevon View Post
I'll demo this, but I'm not your demographic as the hip hop plugin gimmick always throws me off even though I do mainly hip hop for a living. If it's good I'll buy it enough said for that.

Side note from a business aspect, you should of created a company and sold ad a professional plugin and not a bling and blang trap channel strip. I have to ask before I demo this did you code it or did you outsource it?
I hired a development staff and we collectively built it. I of course am not a coder, but I was involved in every single aspect of development, from sound design, layout, signal flow, to things as simple as which fonts to use, what the logo would look like, the naming etc. It's as much from me as I'm physically capable of.
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Nut

Maybe have a female or male singer for your demo video instead of you simply talking and having effects on your words. I found it weird not to have heard someone singing or even rapping in what I presume is a plugin targeted for singers/Rappers and not necessarily for someone doing voices for commercials.

Check out Denise plugins latest promo for there Perfect Room products or even Kush promo stuff for his products ...they speak volumes. I got perfect Room and Omega TWK on the strength of there promo videos

Plugin looks great and easy to access.
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by djswivel View Post
I suppose I can work on the language used to promote it, but The Sauce is actually entirely different from CLA Vox of any of those. The goal of The Sauce is to creatively manipulate your vocal. It's not meant to be a channel strip, it's really more about Vocal chops. Pitching, formant shifting, distorting, mangling, etc. I typically mix my vocal first with my normal vocal chain, maybe an SSL channel, or a combo of ProQ 3 and some compression etc, then The Sauce goes on at the end to get a more dramatic effect. I'd encourage you to try it out and see if it fits. I assure you, it's not geared towards kids. It's only geared towards being creative, quickly.
So this is more of a all in one effects processer for vocals? So more like something you can put on background vocals or adlibs? Actually sounds pretty interesting, I dont think theres many plugins out there like that. Sounds like something I might like to use during tracking for adlibs on rappers. But then again the price is just a little too high for me...

But I have yet to demo and see how it sounds. I should be able to get around to it tomorrow and let everyone know. I have a rap session I can try it on. Seems like it might be a good fit for adlibs to me... If it works great I might buy it.
Old 4 weeks ago
Tui
Gear Guru

I really like the GUI. Clean and straightforward.
Old 3 weeks ago
Here for the gear

I miss being able to adjust the size of the plugin on the screen.
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

The multi band aspect is very interesting to me. Anyone try it on drums / instruments yet?
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Head
Great new plugin

I‘m using it since about a week and i already love it! It doesn’t always have to be an analog modeled vintage plugin, it‘s really quick and creative! Especially recommended for people that produce too and not only mix exclusively.
Sure, i have all the plugins to kind of recreate the sounds, but you make different decisions and moves when you have everything layed out in one handy gui. The quality of the single effects is also outstanding, especially like the pitch shifting, distortion and the verbs.
My first impression was „do i really need this?“ tbh, but since it’s from DJ Swivel, i was curious enough to try it and the rest is history!
It’s good that you changed the amount of activations, that would have been my only problem with the sauce. Congrats and thanks for this inspirational tool!
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torinoscale View Post
I‘m using it since about a week and i already love it! It doesn’t always have to be an analog modeled vintage plugin, it‘s really quick and creative! Especially recommended for people that produce too and not only mix exclusively.
Sure, i have all the plugins to kind of recreate the sounds, but you make different decisions and moves when you have everything layed out in one handy gui. The quality of the single effects is also outstanding, especially like the pitch shifting, distortion and the verbs.
My first impression was „do i really need this?“ tbh, but since it’s from DJ Swivel, i was curious enough to try it and the rest is history!
It’s good that you changed the amount of activations, that would have been my only problem with the sauce. Congrats and thanks for this inspirational tool!
Can you share a bit more on how your are using it?
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Head
Quote:
Originally Posted by motomotomoto View Post
Can you share a bit more on how your are using it?
It depends on the source, but i use it a lot for automated delay/reverb throws that have a touch of pitch shifting, to make BVs even wider, multiband mode for the bass to add a little flanger to the mid band to get a little motion into it, saturation on most signals, at least a little bit and so forth. Or to automate it to be on at the synth bus to make the drop hit even harder. The possibilities are endless.

There’s also a great video on Youtube:

https://youtu.be/TlE0_5CSAHQ
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by XKAudio View Post

Multi-band pitch is something i have never heard of.
Then you havent entered the Melda Production plugin univers yet
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear
Looks like it would be interesting to mess with but the price to me is way to high. I just paid $148 Canadian and got Izotope Tonal Balance Bundle Ozone 9 Advanced, Nutrone 3 Advanced, Nectar 3 Standard, RX Breath Control, Riley, Master Rebalance, Etc... so i doubt your plug in is matching all this and cost more.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by BangEmBeatzMusiK View Post
Looks like it would be interesting to mess with but the price to me is way to high. I just paid $148 Canadian and got Izotope Tonal Balance Bundle Ozone 9 Advanced, Nutrone 3 Advanced, Nectar 3 Standard, RX Breath Control, Riley, Master Rebalance, Etc... so i doubt your plug in is matching all this and cost more.
It does a different thing.
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by motomotomoto View Post
It does a different thing.

like what? the izotope bundle is around $3000 so id be surprised if the vst does anything that the izotope bundle cant do so please alabrat
Old 5 days ago
Lives for gear

Cool plugin.
So do you get two licenses/activations now?
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search