The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
DENSITY - The Answer to the Experimental Virtual Instrument
Old 4 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Software DENSITY - The Answer to the Experimental Virtual Instrument

Mammoth Audio brings DENSITY to the world

The 19th of January saw the release of Mammoth Audio's first premium experimental virtual instrument - DENSITY.

Mammoth Audio is a new experimental VST company, which aims to refresh the sample library industry. It was created by one of the most innovative and respected trailer music companies, Elephant Music. Elephant has worked on trailers for Blade Runner 2049, The Walking Dead, Avengers Endgame, Game of Thrones, Call of Duty, The Handmaid's Tale, Glass, A Quiet Place and Mother!

The team embarked on a collaborative project with no creative boundaries. They assembled some of the finest composers in the industry to design and record an extensive Kontakt Sample Library.

DENSITY is split into two sections - One Shots & Playable Instruments.

One Shots feature over 1500 samples, captured and manipulated with meticulous detail. Composers can quickly and easily access hundreds of hand-made sounds. These range from Booms, Hits, Risers, Reverse FX, Braams and MANY more tools. Tonal sounds (Braams for example) are key-mapped to enable fluidy with the users track. All One-Shots can be tuned with the ‘Tune’ dial. There is also an experimental section of sounds created using scientific conditions and industrial equipment.
Incredibly, some of the sounds within Density have already been featured in a major promotional campaign for 2019.
The Playable Instruments section consists of Cello, Tuba and a Throat Singer, focusing on the percussive, aggressive nature of the instruments. Each player was specifically recorded in an intimate live room to infuse the samples with a claustrophobic and unsettling nature. These instruments feature up to 7 Round Robins and 4 Dynamic Layers. Articulations range from the traditional to avant-garde.

DENSITY was designed by composers who need a new generation of instrument. This unique approach has resulted in a stunning GUI design. Every sample and articulation is laid out for instant access. Creators can layer a playable instrument and a core engine sample at the same time without having to reload new samples and waste valuable studio time.

Two of the signature elements of the GUI are the “Mangle” and “Distort” macros. These FX allow users to dial in the gritty, aggressive tone that can cut through a mix and deliver a signature sound. As well as easy accessible macros, Density features an intuitive FX page - effects include some of the most unique Impulse Responses. Traditional rooms to glass vases, guitar cases and even a washing machine!

Additional Features

- Huge catalogue of unique One-Shot samples consisting of Booms, Hits, Risers, Reverse FX, Braams and many more.
- 3 playable instruments of: Cello, Tuba & Throat Singer.
- Instruments featuring up to 7 Round Robins and 4 Dynamic Layers.
- One of a kind ability to layer Playables and One-Shots.
- Unique, easy to access Macro FX: "Distort" & "Mangle".

There are two packages:
- DENSITY - $299
- DENSITY Mammoth Edition - $349 (includes the premium box with Mammoth Merchandise)

Buy from here: https://mammoth-audio.myshopify.com/

Watch the trailer here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MbpC7KQYfu0&t

Watch a walkthrough here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aclEeh-UhA0&t
Attached Thumbnails
DENSITY - The Answer to the Experimental Virtual Instrument-0.png   DENSITY - The Answer to the Experimental Virtual Instrument-1-sq_box_content_str8.jpg  
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalDeluxe View Post
The 19th of February saw the release of Mammoth Audio's first premium experimental virtual instrument - DENSITY.
February? Did I lose a month?

Also, and I'm gonna have to say this, that first thumbnail kinda looks.... well, um... maybe it's just my infantile mind
Old 4 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Erm... it says Jan?! Re: thumbnail - its true haha
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear
I want this! I need this! I gotta have this!
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by cprompt View Post
February? Did I lose a month?

Also, and I'm gonna have to say this, that first thumbnail kinda looks.... well, um... maybe it's just my infantile mind

yep, these look like they're ready to explode.
Old 4 weeks ago
News Desk Editor

Mammoth Audio ​announces ​DENSITY

Last edited by Diogo C; 3 weeks ago at 09:31 PM.. Reason: threads merged
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear
Nice trailer. More audio demos (a lot more) would be nice.
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeegee 303 View Post
Nice trailer. More audio demos (a lot more) would be nice.
Here is a playlist that will be updated of tracks using DENSITY!

https://soundcloud.com/user-43732492...ty-demo-tracks
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search