The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
This will revolutionize the way mixing engineers interact with their customers
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtboy View Post
Just tried your service. Although I like the idea, it seems that the mobile part of it isn't working. The files show up after logging in to the website from an iPhone 10 but the audio does not play (cursor moves across the files though) Perhaps I'm missing something or is this still "work in progress"?
I have an iPhone 8 Plus and have been using it for the last 3 weeks and never had an issue. It plays perfect and I can just tap a section and the cursor moves and instantly plays from that spot. I’ve created links and set expiry dates and all that from the iPhone as well. I just checked to be sure again and everything is working fine. This might sound dumb, but make sure your phone switch isn’t on silent mode. I made that mistake by accident the first time I tried it.
Old 2 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Quote:
Just tried your service. Although I like the idea, it seems that the mobile part of it isn't working. The files show up after logging in to the website from an iPhone 10 but the audio does not play (cursor moves across the files though) Perhaps I'm missing something or is this still "work in progress"?
Thanks for your comment. Please make sure your phone is not in silent mode. It's a quite unfortunate limitation by apple, without a reasonable way to work around - unless we go for a dedicated iOS app through their App Store, which won't do as a short term solution.
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by stacktune View Post
Thanks for your comment. Please make sure your phone is not in silent mode. It's a quite unfortunate limitation by apple, without a reasonable way to work around - unless we go for a dedicated iOS app through their App Store, which won't do as a short term solution.
Thank you for that, yes it does work when not in silent mode. It is interesting that pretty much every other audio playback website/app plays fine when in silent mode. What is the difference with yours?
Old 2 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Quote:
Thank you for that, yes it does work when not in silent mode. It is interesting that pretty much every other audio playback website/app plays fine when in silent mode. What is the difference with yours?
Well, the short answer is that most other sites don't have as strict requirements to their audio playback. So they can use simpler means of playback, which for some reason apple has been deemed to be viable for playback when an iOS device is in silent mode.
We are using a more sophisticated way to playback audio, as we need to sync multiple audio streams (to allow seamless switching between different mixes) and also need to process the stream in order to apply loudness matching. Apple for some reason has decided that this way of playback shall not work in silent mode. Now, there are ways to work around those issue, for instance it is possible to connect one way of playback to another - however, there are severe bugs in apples implementations (which includes chrome on iOS as well, as apple has a requirement to use the same core when shipping a browser). Those bugs usually show up as audible distortion and other noises and some of them have been reported years ago without a fix in sight. So, for now we would rather have audio being silent in silent mode than distorted or misaligned playback.
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear
Should have a dated stems folder that can be updated every time a mix revision is posted
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Hi! Very interested on it. I’m tired of Dropbox audio quality. One question: Is it possible to turn off the audio loudness matching? I mean, can my client listen on the same volume I mixed it?? thanks!
Old 2 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by terrible.dee View Post
Should have a dated stems folder that can be updated every time a mix revision is posted
Thanks for your comment. We will allow attaching additional files to your mixes. It's a feature we often miss ourselves these days. So this will definitely happen - we just don't know yet when...
Old 2 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fidelis View Post
Hi! Very interested on it. I’m tired of Dropbox audio quality. One question: Is it possible to turn off the audio loudness matching? I mean, can my client listen on the same volume I mixed it?? thanks!
Absolutely. Loudness matching is disabled when the client accesses a mix for the first time. It can be enabled in the player on the bottom of the page. And you can turn it off again with the click of a button.
It's meant as a feature to aid when comparing different files/mixes - not to enforce anything. Streaming music services already took that role
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by stacktune View Post
Absolutely. Loudness matching is disabled when the client accesses a mix for the first time. It can be enabled in the player on the bottom of the page. And you can turn it off again with the click of a button.
It's meant as a feature to aid when comparing different files/mixes - not to enforce anything. Streaming music services already took that role
Thanks. I’ll give it a try! Best.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

bought–great concept and loving the execution so far
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear

but when you fix your problem, you would need to go back to Pro Tools and manually find timecode/fix etc.
old way of sending emails saying "0:38 vocal too loud" would work..
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search