The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Silo SoundLabs Releases Trident Audio Plug-ins
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

We partnered up with Silo because they are really good guys, and the fact that the CPU usage is negligible when using a lot of them is a huge plus. They are a new company, and they will get their act together...please have some patience, and I know they appreciate the comments from you.

Like anything else, there will always be some bad comments, but these are in the hands of people like Vance Powell, Joe Chiccarelli, Jamie Tate, Ryan Hewitt, Dave Kalmusky, Steve Lamm, and several more high end Nashville hitmakers. They seem to be loving them.

The CB-9066 is killer for guitars and drums. You get a free trial, if they work for you, please buy and support Silo. If you don't like them, you got a free trial, so nothing lost. The prices are good and the products are great. Some may or may not like the GUI, that can always be changed, and if it is, I am sure Silo will update you for free.

There are a lot of artists right now doing custom settings. So soon, you will get settings from Joe Chiccarelli and many others that will also be a free upgrade. Silo will be releasing several emulations of our product from Valley People, Tonelux, more Trident, Joemeek, and some Studio Projects.

So hang in there, good things are coming....
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by highvoltage View Post

Boasting about modelling accuracy and sharing a post in their blog called "Why I Don’t Care About Accurate Analog Modeling"

I'm genuinely interested now how this sounds.
This is a good question, about what seems like a contradiction. As much as any software modeling company boasts "accuracy," it's true that it will never BE the analog device, and there will always be someone there to point that out. Accuracy at a particular input voltage, across the range of input voltages continuously or in x.xdB increments? Did they really capture the saturation characteristics?

We're aware of the 'foibles' of touting accuracy. For those with intimate knowledge of Trident gear, who might even be able to A/B plug-in to hardware, the notion of accuracy is especially poignant (and we compel you to test that accuracy!). For those who want a great vintage EQ w/ character and quality that they can use on multiple tracks w/o worrying about CPU hoggery... there's a certain point where what matters is what the plug-in will do to enhance your music and your workflow!
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Big fan of the Trident heritage here, going back to my first "serious" band's first few releases, cut on what I recall as an 80c. It's a pleasure to see Trident reach for a stake in the digital age - the brand deserves to be as touted amongst the DSP emulation scene as any other brand IMO.

I'm Windows so will have to wait it out for now. My question meanwhile to either the devs or any mac guys - are these plugins non-linear? I don't see any drive controls.

Welcome to the table, folks at Silo!
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silo_SoundLabs View Post
We appreciate the feedback. We're a small company at the moment, and our focus has been delivering a rock solid product. If you're inclined to download and try them, other than the sonic quality, check the CPU usage when running a few instances - it's negligible.

Sorry the website is confusing. When we add product categories to the product menu, it should make more sense. Regarding the comment about the two participants who just joined this month and like the plug-ins - while that does look suspicious, I promise that we don't know who those people are. I'm certainly glad they like the plug-ins, though!
Step by step

I am a Windows user, so I will remain on hold until you publish the versions.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by SameOh View Post
Regarding the new users, I'm glad you have stepped in. I believe you.

Now, please hire a Graphic Designer. The plugins looks horrendous. I know it shouldn't matter, but one would not buy a meal if it looks like baby vomit, doesn't matter how taste it is.
Dramatic much?

I think they look good.
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear
Quote:
Regarding the new users, I'm glad you have stepped in. I believe you.

Now, please hire a Graphic Designer. The plugins looks horrendous. I know it shouldn't matter, but one would not buy a meal if it looks like baby vomit, doesn't matter how taste it is.
Baby vomit? Seems harsh These guys definitely haven't followed other companies in terms of GUI design, I'll give you that. But I actually think they look pretty cool... every time I buy a "vintage" plug-in that has scratches/dents/coffee stains all over the graphics, I can't help but find it gimmicky. As a producer, it's all about the sound as far as I'm concerned!
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlbionStudios View Post
Baby vomit? Seems harsh These guys definitely haven't followed other companies in terms of GUI design, I'll give you that. But I actually think they look pretty cool... every time I buy a "vintage" plug-in that has scratches/dents/coffee stains all over the graphics, I can't help but find it gimmicky. As a producer, it's all about the sound as far as I'm concerned!

It was part of the analogy. And a joke.

But ok, some people will like it and the company is free to do whatever they want and make a bet that people will like that or just not bother.

All I can say is that I have not downloaded the demo. Maybe because of the GUI. Because in normal conditions I would be pretty curious to try a Trident plugin.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:

It was part of the analogy. And a joke.

But ok, some people will like it and the company is free to do whatever they want and make a bet that people will like that or just not bother.

All I can say is that I have not downloaded the demo. Maybe because of the GUI. Because in normal conditions I would be pretty curious to try a Trident plugin.
Might be worth the try then. I have owned some pretty ugly cars in my time, but they got where I needed to go.
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by StoneyBCN View Post
Big fan of the Trident heritage here, going back to my first "serious" band's first few releases, cut on what I recall as an 80c. It's a pleasure to see Trident reach for a stake in the digital age - the brand deserves to be as touted amongst the DSP emulation scene as any other brand IMO.

I'm Windows so will have to wait it out for now. My question meanwhile to either the devs or any mac guys - are these plugins non-linear? I don't see any drive controls.

Welcome to the table, folks at Silo!
Thank you for the welcoming thoughts. Our plug-ins are non-linear, and you will hear this as you increase signal level to the plug-in.

Our goal has always been sonic accuracy. This is a generalization, but a drive control in a plug-in model is a superimposed fix for a linear model. One of our 'golden ears' Trident testers (Charlie Waymire) said the high-end on plug-ins usually sucks when you push it, but instead, ours manages to sparkle. Another well-known producer/engineer (I want to ask his permission before quoting) said, "I do feel they [Silo] very much have the spirt of the Trident IC era sound."

We're hoping to get the Windows versions out today, tomorrow at the latest.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Addict

Any news on the Windows installers?
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by highvoltage View Post
Any news on the Windows installers?
They should be up within several hours. [This afternoon PST]
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

After they up? Im interested in this asd trident is my all time favorite desk and eq.
Old 4 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
They should be up within several hours. [This afternoon PST]
Old 4 days ago
Here for the gear

My apologies to those waiting for the Windows versions of the plug-ins. We ran into a little glitch where they were not displaying properly with 4k monitors. We're working diligently w/ Microsoft to resolve this. Our hope is to post on Tuesday, but I will definitely inform the forum as soon as they are up.

Thank you for your patience, and also for your impatience! We want to ensure that any plug-in we release is fully tested and rock solid.
Old 2 days ago
Here for the gear

After being testing Silo Trident CB9066 EQ, i can say that this is an incredible plugin. i don't know how the real unit sounds but i`m really surprised on how it has improved a mix i`m working on. Color, depth and tone are great in this plugin!!...and something really important is the low cpu usage. Well done!!
Old 2 days ago
Lives for gear

Old 1 day ago
Lives for gear

I was excited about this, but literally lost interest due to the lack of demo. However, it made it go back and re evaluate softube and arturia trident and they are great. Maybe I'll try this when it come out and I'll change my mind. How long until the demos up?
Old 15 hours ago
Here for the gear

Windows versions of the Trident 80B EQ and Trident CB9066 EQ plug-ins are now available for download (https://silosoundlabs.com/downloads/). Thank you for your patience, for those of you who have been asking about availability. These downloads will run as a 14-day trial (full featured), or a license can be purchased (single activation) from the website as well. Both require iLok License Manager, and can be activated for either Cloud or USB dongle.
Old 11 hours ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Windows versions of the Trident 80B EQ and Trident CB9066 EQ plug-ins are now available for download (https://silosoundlabs.com/downloads/). Thank you for your patience, for those of you who have been asking about availability. These downloads will run as a 14-day trial (full featured), or a license can be purchased (single activation) from the website as well. Both require iLok License Manager, and can be activated for either Cloud or USB dongle.
Nice! I ´ve always been a fan of the Trident sound!
Old 4 hours ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by StoneyBCN View Post
are these plugins non-linear? I don't see any drive controls
It's a very nice sounding EQ.don't hear any harmonics of any sort though.none when driving either models,and none when engaging the bands(band dependent saturation etc).somebody else with PD can check for sure,but i am relatively positive there aren't any contrary to what the developer said
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search